Sweep Picking Guide - Do YOU want it?

• Thread starter 80H
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tedtan

Reaction score
It's a keyboard shortcut. In Windows, CTRL+X cuts the selected text/graphics to the clipboard. If you don't paste it somewhere else, it's essentially deleted from the document.

CTRL+C copies the selected text/graphics
CTRL+V pastes the copied/cut text/graphics.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

alexpwalsh

Reaction score
Ctrl+X is cut.... Ctrl+c is copy, Ctrl-X is cut, Ctrl+V is paste..... And here's the important one.... Ctrl+Z is UNDO... So if you cut something... Just paste it again... Or undo it....

Fredrish

Dödsevangelist
Reaction score
I'd love to see the lesson as well. One can never practice and refine one's sweep picking enough, I guess. :D

80H

Banned
Reaction score
Literally getting called a djent hipster, Californ
Ctrl+X is cut.... Ctrl+c is copy, Ctrl-X is cut, Ctrl+V is paste..... And here's the important one.... Ctrl+Z is UNDO... So if you cut something... Just paste it again... Or undo it....

I would like to introduce you to my friend, Mr. Automatic Windows Updates. Say hi Auto! Wave to the nice people!

Finally found out how to disable it at least, so there's that. When I recovered the doc, it was recovered without the section that I copied and my clipboard was cleared. I spent a good 4 minutes with my hand on my face in total silence.

Anyways, it's pretty much finished again. Haven't been home in a few days, today is my day off and I'm about to ingest a bunch of caffeine. Probably only have 1,000 words and a good few pictures to go, so it's a smooth ride followed by some mild editing.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
Late to the party here, but after reading through this I'm looking forward to the guide. Been wanting to clean up my playing lately + be a better lead player, so this would be very much appreciated. :D

alexpwalsh

Reaction score
I would like to introduce you to my friend, Mr. Automatic Windows Updates. Say hi Auto! Wave to the nice people!

Finally found out how to disable it at least, so there's that. When I recovered the doc, it was recovered without the section that I copied and my clipboard was cleared. I spent a good 4 minutes with my hand on my face in total silence.

Anyways, it's pretty much finished again. Haven't been home in a few days, today is my day off and I'm about to ingest a bunch of caffeine. Probably only have 1,000 words and a good few pictures to go, so it's a smooth ride followed by some mild editing.

That is so brutal - I've had that happen to me before writing a term paper back in university.... SO bad.... and I completely understand the face-palm moment. Those autosaves are pointless - cause they never save as much as you'd like... but every now and again they come in handy.

SO looking forward to your guide - I'm stuck on what to study next and your guide may prove to be just the right thing....

sand man

Reaction score
Interested in sweep picking? Suck, never tried it or can't find a good guide?

I'm busy with another project now (see: my theory thread), but once I'm done, technical practice is next up, and sweep picking seems like a logical place to start since I've never really refined my sweeps the way that I'd like to. I know how to sweep and sweep well, but I did it in pieces because I could never find a guide that felt complete enough for what I wanted.

I know that a lot of people want to sweep, sweep tap, hybrid sweep (sup tosin) and just generally have the fretboard confidence that comes from being able to sweep all over the neck, but I'm not sure if those people are on this forum and would appreciate the guide.

If you're interested, drop a reply or like this post (if you don't want to type). If there's 30 or so people, I'll make the guide. If the people want it, I'll make the guide this week for myself, test it to be sure that it's solid and then post it here for everyone.

I'll be on my computer for a few more hours and then it's off to Friday night, but I work from my laptop so I'm usually around if you have any questions or requests.

:wallbash: Sorry there is no emticons with wall facing the other side :wallbash:
yes please waiting eagerly in fact If I dont see thirty response here in 2 day I may create 30 ID and come back here to post it to fill the QUOTA :fawk: Absolute beginner currently concentratinig on the super basics of theories and scales and mode and alt picking ( improving better than expected ) SWEEP picking ( really really frustrating stuff to practice )in three days I got just one 6 note run sweep pick on 1 ,2 3 rd strings and at really slow 80 bpm qtr notes.

JustMac

ss not-so-regular
Reaction score
C'moooon 80, goddammit! :scream: We'll fix the typo's ourselves, just upload it already :lol:

what the...I just tried it for the first time in about 2 weeks (focusing on legato stuff recently) struggling even playing the Selkies sweeps, I could play it note for note about a month ago, what the flip? I thought sweeping was like riding a bike, but, my hand has turned to sloppy mush. WTF -_-

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, me too - don't sweat the little stuff like typos, etc. I'll take it however I can get it! Thanks!

inactive0909

Reaction score
Have been waiting a month for this guide - super stoked! Please upload the guide, I'm sure no one minds a few typos.

80H

Banned
Reaction score
Literally getting called a djent hipster, Californ
2l92r9z.png

Tonight..? Could it be..?