Switching system (need help)

• Thread starter cyrilMYAIM
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cyrilMYAIM

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm working on my live rig at the moment and I need your help. I have a 6505 head in a flightcase with an fx drawer. I have some pedals in there (ns2, OD808, DD7 and there are one or two more pedals to come). I'd like to have a (midi?) switching system that allows me to leave my pedals in the drawer and that allows me to make presets that I can easily switch with one tap. Let's say for example, I want to switch from a dirty rhythm tone to a clean tone with some delay and without the od808 and the noise gate and then to another dirty tone with some delay. etc etc. I have found something really close to what I want (the RJM mini effect gizmo) but I can't program which channel I want on my amp with that. Does anyone of you know where I could find what I want? (something like the mini effect gizmo, but WITH amp channel switching possibilities)

Thanks in advance!

Here's a picture of my rig to give you an idea.
292804_4183632543744_492315133_n.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Voodoo Lab GCX + Ground Control Pro if you can swing the $800. Nice setup used by most of the pros out there.

cyrilMYAIM

Reaction score
Voodoo Lab GCX + Ground Control Pro if you can swing the $800. Nice setup used by most of the pros out there.

Thanks for the tip, op1e! But I forgot to mention: I need to be able to put it in my drawer as I have no space left for a rack unit. :/ (that is why the mini gizmo thing is so interesting to me, but I really do need that amp switching possibility built in... and that's not the case with the gizmo)
Any idea?

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Do you use the clean channel? I would just get a used G Major and ditch everything but the 808. Switching + effects problems solved. I use one to switch my Rockmaster and Peavey Ultra at the same time with a stereo headphone splitter. I also use the GSP as a rackmount overdrive + effects.

This is how I was set up.

IMAG0196.jpg

EOT

I pull over 500 lbs.
Reaction score
I don't know of anything that small that will do what you want. The bigger RJM units certainly will. I'd shoot RJM an email and ask him. They're really helpful over there. They've also got wiring diagrams on their website for all kinds of set ups.

You could also ask Dave Friedman over at Rack Systems Ltd.

ykcirj

Reaction score
Look up the Carl Martin octa switch. It is a little pricey but it is exactly what you need those Loop Master pedals look pretty cool as well.

samincolour

Sweaty fox.
Reaction score
I just ordered the Carl Martin OctaSwitch Mk II - Your 6505 doesn't have MIDI so you'll have to fork out for a unit that can connect a 1/4 jack to understand MIDI and a lot aren't cheap!

The Carl Martin does everything for you, and more importantly (well, for me anyway) the pedals are in loops behind the Octaswitch - i.e. on the floor where I can fiddle with them live instead of opening a rack and fucking about that way.

The original OS is a bit cheaper but doesn't have amp switching option! I got mine for £230. I'll post a NGD thread when it arrives tomorrow :)

wwhhaatt

Reaction score
payne labs k-switch will do everything and probably fit on your tray. You would still need a midi controller. I use a peak. It's cheap and hasn't failed yet