T.V. shows you've been watching

• Thread starter pushpull7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
X-Men '97 100% lives up to the hype, the show's fantastic so far.
Def agree with this! Been great so far. I do remember watching the original as a kid on Sat morning TV and loving it
Loving this new take tho and that they kept the retro 90's vibe plus full props to Nil Brosh for her playing on the theme

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Started watching the Fallout series yesterday - yeah, they definitely got the atmosphere and the details down. What I didn't like though was that it assumes you've played the games. I've played them, so no problem, but if I had watched the show with my wife I would've had to explain everything all the time :lol: Yeah, most watchers will definitely have played the game, but still. Wouldn't have been hard to show people entering vaults, getting instructed on what to do there, receiving pip-boys and so on.

Either way, pretty good first episode and I will definitely keep watching. Oh and apparently a second season's already approved and in the works too.
I've never played anything but the Fallout Shelter nonsense on the phone, but the premise is so simple that it doesn't require much in the way of explanation. My wife and I are watching it, and we both dig it. Granted, we're both huge fans of Walton Goggins, and the other actors are doing a great job of that balancing act between goofy and WTF that really sells the environment.

We're four episodes in, and loving it.
I watch horror flicks and shows all the time, but just finished the documentary "The Truth vs. Alex Jones", and that was easily one of the most disturbing, upsetting and generally horrifying things I've watch in some time.

I don't believe in an afterlife, but every version of hell every conceived in any holy book is too good for that man.
I want to watch this, but my I don't get alone TV time anymore, and my wife sort of hyperventilates when delving into such depths of human depravity. We may force ourselves through a little at a time here or there at some point. I was amazed as things were happening any time I'd hear his name mentioned. I'm curious how much worse it got than what I've already heard.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
5 eps into Fallout and I love it. It's gotten better as it goes along. I'm already lamenting that I only have 3 more to watch.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
20/20: Happy Face Killer -- my grandma had a book that I believe she ordered delivered to my house so I read it. Keith Jesperson drags a dead prostitute under a semi truck to grind her face off. Seriously messed up shit. I haven't finished the special 20/20 did, but I'm curious how much attention they give that. It's really disturbing.

nightsprinter

Reaction score
20/20: Happy Face Killer -- my grandma had a book that I believe she ordered delivered to my house so I read it. Keith Jesperson drags a dead prostitute under a semi truck to grind her face off. Seriously messed up shit. I haven't finished the special 20/20 did, but I'm curious how much attention they give that. It's really disturbing.

That guy makes money for commissary by selling demented artwork now.

c5nv3qmepfa11.jpg

Wiltonauer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's pretty cool. I'm not a fan of Mickey Mouse, so I'm fine with efforts to showcase what Disney really is. That said, I don't think I would give him money to have any of his art.

If the first-hand account I heard is true, the Disney Channel made one of their TV hosts wear a bizarre side-ponytail on camera… to hide her natural widow’s peak… so that it wouldn’t scare the children watching Disney. Think for a second about where you’ve seen widow’s peaks in Disney content. They know exactly what they’re doing.

nightsprinter

Reaction score
iight I just finished fallout. excellent. i don't think it's a spoiler of any kind to suggest there could and should be a second season.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I've been obsessed with Fallout since I was a kid. I don't know how many times I've infiltrated the cathedral, slapped Frank Horrigan, unplugged the calculator or walked the Lonesome Road. I had trouble getting through the first two episodes though. I'll keep at it since I loved parts of it.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Episode 4 of Fallout is excellent. Watching the girl wake up to her potential was fire. "Golden rule, motherfucker." And the whole pregnancy storyline was pretty funny. Very curious where Vault 32's story is going to unwind. I'm not big enough into Fallout to know what the backstory is supposed to be, but I'm enjoying watching it unfold.

The way people talk about the Fallout games, I feel like I should go play them sometime. It's a really rich lore, which is something I think a lot of games miss.

cthsqd

Cthulhu Squadron
Reaction score
It's really good tv show, even excellent if by Fallout you think Bethesda's Fallout, and all the reviews I watch say that "everything fallout is there". Well.. yeah, but it seems that people forgot what original Fallouts really were. New fallouts are like 25% post-apo, 25% retro-futurism, 25% comedy and 25% gore. The thing is, in the original Fallouts these values were strongly shifted. Comedy accents were quite rare, and the atmosphere was built by slow, dark ambient music through the entire game. 50/60s tunes were only small details. These things are what Bethesda hadnt gotten right, and just mixed them all together.
It's still a good tv show nonetheless, but not entirely true to the original games.

nightsprinter

Reaction score
It's really good tv show, even excellent if by Fallout you think Bethesda's Fallout, and all the reviews I watch say that "everything fallout is there". Well.. yeah, but it seems that people forgot what original Fallouts really were. New fallouts are like 25% post-apo, 25% retro-futurism, 25% comedy and 25% gore. The thing is, in the original Fallouts these values were strongly shifted. Comedy accents were quite rare, and the atmosphere was built by slow, dark ambient music through the entire game. 50/60s tunes were only small details. These things are what Bethesda hadnt gotten right, and just mixed them all together.
It's still a good tv show nonetheless, but not entirely true to the original games.

Fair. Fallout 4 is still my #1 so this one hit pretty good for me. I'm hoping they do a Fallout 4 season because the environment in that game was so killer. I'm biased because I live in MA though.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
The Fallout games go Fallout 1/2/3/3.1/3.2/3.3

I ended up watching the whole season of Fallout. First episode was a big turn off, but it got a lot better eventually. I thought we were just gonna follow pawn shop Zooey Deschanel the whole time.

nightsprinter

Reaction score

I ended up watching the whole season of Fallout. First episode was a big turn off, but it got a lot better eventually. I thought we were just gonna follow pawn shop Zooey Deschanel the whole time.

Yeah man. Ep 1 felt disappointing. It's absolutely a series that you gotta stick through the first couple eps to let it get better.

brector

Reaction score

It all started with Wasteland...

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Not on the Fallout train yet, but it's on my list to check out.

We started The Office (US) a couple weeks ago, though, in between lulls in Dexter. Rewatch for my partner, first time for me. The Office was something that I didn't mind when I saw it on TV and gave me a few chuckles, but I kind of wrote it off with how evangelical people got about it when Netflix streaming became a thing.

Watching it all the way through now really makes me appreciate it, though, especially having worked in an office environment for the last 9ish years. I've only worked in huge offices and have never interacted with HR, but the jokes still hit with that little bit extra. We just watched the dinner party episode last night and it was fucking hysterical. Such good writing and performances.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Not on the Fallout train yet, but it's on my list to check out.

We started The Office (US) a couple weeks ago, though, in between lulls in Dexter. Rewatch for my partner, first time for me. The Office was something that I didn't mind when I saw it on TV and gave me a few chuckles, but I kind of wrote it off with how evangelical people got about it when Netflix streaming became a thing.

Watching it all the way through now really makes me appreciate it, though, especially having worked in an office environment for the last 9ish years. I've only worked in huge offices and have never interacted with HR, but the jokes still hit with that little bit extra. We just watched the dinner party episode last night and it was fucking hysterical. Such good writing and performances.
We're pretty deep on a rewatch of the American Office as well. Michael actually seems to regress as the show goes on, if you can believe it.

Still hilarious. Though it's already starting to show its age. Some of those scenes/jokes wouldn't fly on broadcast TV today.

For instance: I literally started laughing so hard I almost fell off the couch when Kevin started crying directly at Pam's boobs after she had the baby. I had totally forgotten that since we watched it last time, and it's so bizarre the way he does it. Even the commentary crew were like, "He did one take that was just way too over the top to be believed, so of course that's the one the editors chose to leave in."

Those guys must have had a blast making that show. In the bloopers, any time Krasinski is about to break he gets the funniest look on his face. He's trying desperately to hold back the laugh, and right before he cracks he looks like some weird combination of constipated and concentrating, while his lips crawl around the bottom half of his face.