Tam10 or RG1027PBF

• Thread starter Joan Maal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joan Maal

Reaction score
And decided that my next guitar will be between one of those 2 models...

Any recommendations? I am not a very 8 strings fan, but.... I look for best Finishes and construction quality

Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
I think that RG looks so killer I had huge GAS for it. Went with an 8 string just because I figured a 7 wouldnt totally satisfy me.

Tough choice though

Joan Maal

Reaction score
DUDE, BUT MIJ!!!! :scream::scream2:

EDIT: I'd pick the TAM10 though i guess...

None of them are MIJ... I think that the TAM10 is overpriced. Otherwise the RG is sooooo beautiful and modern Premium series seem to be better crafted now

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
I'm slightly confused here. You know you want either an 8 or a 7-string but can't decide which, and you're not sure if you're a big 8 string fan to begin with.... then why are you considering the 8 so highly then?

You're getting a higher end instrument if you go with the RG1027PBF.

Joan Maal

Reaction score
Thanks for the advices... I wish it could exist and 8 strings version of the RG1027

Reaction score
I have both of them. The Tam10s cleans and overall pickups are better. The versatility is much greater with the Tam10 and it's split coil switch. However, my RG1027 gets much more use from me personally. Maybe cuz 99% of the music I listen to is played on 7s

Lemonbaby

Reaction score
If the music you play needs 8strings, you don't have much of a choice. However, if you can live with a seven, I'd stay away from a 25.5“ scale. IMHO you need a far too thick B string to intonate properly i.e. w/o getting too much of the annoying pitch-raise upon pick attack. If you like the Ibanez necks, I'd look at the RGD7UCS or the older version w/ Ibanez pickups which you'll get a lot cheaper.