The Black Dahlia Murder - Verminous

• Thread starter Acrid
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Sick! I've been on a Black Dahlia kick lately. They never fail to deliver.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Loving the sound of this - I just wish they'd go back to the Nocturnal guitar tone! So dark

But thats going backwards, which is generally not a thing bands like to do. I love that album as it was my introduction, but Im all for changing it up.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
As long as the songs are catchy idc what they do/sound like. Some of the consistently best (blackened death metal? Idk genres) ever.

The chorus to Jars? Fucking banger. Apex? Fucking slaps. Black Valor? Wish it was twice as long. Catacomb Hecatomb? Hecayes bby.

#fanboy

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As long as the songs are catchy idc what they do/sound like. Some of the consistently best (blackened death metal? Idk genres) ever.

The chorus to Jars? Fucking banger. Apex? Fucking slaps. Black Valor? Wish it was twice as long. Catacomb Hecatomb? Hecayes bby.

#fanboy

Fanboi all you want.

TBDM have proven to be one of the few consistently great death metal acts of the last 20 years.

Changing it up without reinventing themselves and still keeping it compelling and catchy.

For real, I'm always stoked for new TBDM.

Pat

Reaction score
But thats going backwards, which is generally not a thing bands like to do. I love that album as it was my introduction, but Im all for changing it up.

Yeah fair point man

Fanboi all you want.

TBDM have proven to be one of the few consistently great death metal acts of the last 20 years.

Changing it up without reinventing themselves and still keeping it compelling and catchy.

Agree, though I do think their last few releases have been up and down. Didn't really care for Abysmal, and I don't think Nightbringers is as good as Everblack, still great though.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Sounds as great as something I'd expect from TBDM. Nightbringers was such a great album and definitely brought that Nocturnal energy, sounds like they're keeping that momentum and I'm lovin' it.

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
This is great, the last album I liked by them was in fact Noctural. I didn't even really like Nightbringers. It was cool but meh but this song sounds like it belongs on Nocturnal which is good with me.

KnightBrolaire

friendly neighborhood gearwhore
Reaction score
Fanboi all you want.

seriously. I can count on one hand the number of DM bands that have this consistent of output while still keeping things interesting (Decapitated, Allegaeon, Revocation).

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Nightbringers is the only album i dont know.

FILTHnFEAR

Dread it, run from it....
Reaction score
Yes!!!!

Been hooked on these guys since Unhollowed. Had a few albums I don't like quite as much as others but they always bring it.

Eschbach is the man.

Boofchuck

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
Oh hell yes. Nocturnal is one of my favorite albums of all time, I haven't listened to them much since Deflorate. This has me excited to get back into them.

JK-PA

Reaction score
Brandons Solos are so good!
Awesome TBDM track as usual.
Stoked for the album

Necky379

Reaction score
It would be really cool to get some actual rug run downs for this one too. Tue Madsen mixed it and they recorded the guitars at Ellis’ I read. I’ve got the Deflorate studio rig saved in a notepad file. It was deleted or removed from here since then I believe. I don’t think the original link I got it from works anymore, it’s been a long time. Every time they release an album I search like crazy to get the details for the guitar tracks and every time it remains a secret. Just some Maxon promo ads, maybe some passing shots in the studio and brand endorsements in the CD booklet to go off of. Come on Brian, how are you going to hit us with that ”Windowmaker” intro and leave it at that? Is it 6505’s in the studio or just live? Did you use a boost or just eq after? OS Mesa cabs? 5150 III’s again?

Is it just me or is TBDM especially secretive with what is probably a simple gear approach?