The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

Tesla

Augmented User
Reaction score
If it's only 30-60 then there's no excuse for his wife or whoever to take an evening and contact these people before it got so out of hand and at least shed some light on the matter. So that's either a lie, or they had no intentions of righting the wrong at all.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
This from Cohen ......... "also it's only 30-60 people TOTAL that are owed."

RzFZRk1Rqa2Du4FWwdfR_m9.gif

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
It seems shockingly appropriate that this imaginary enemy shares the last name with a party of pioneers who got lost so long that they started to eat each other.

I know right? I mean, if they ate each other, how did the name get passed along?

(sorry, I'll see myself out)

Axel_Blaze

Officer&Djentleman
Reaction score
it's only 30-60 people TOTAL that are owed."

[sarcasm] Phew! That makes me feel so much better about this whole situation! See guys? It's not that bad. It's only an arbitrary ballpark figure that still equals quite a bit of money, but still! [/sarcasm] :wallbash:

Way for this Cohen guy to conduct damage control AFTER the nukes fell!

Edika

Reaction score
[sarcasm] Phew! That makes me feel so much better about this whole situation! See guys? It's not that bad. It's only an arbitrary ballpark figure that still equals quite a bit of money, but still! [/sarcasm] :wallbash:

Way for this Cohen guy to conduct damage control AFTER the nukes fell!

fallout-3-vault-boy.jpg

Time to return the favor :yesway:!

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Is it 30 or 60? Kind of a big difference between the two. :lol:

Oh weird. When i was talking to him, it was only 30 and they'd already contacted him.

Mind you, this is the guy that said the following:

Between 40-45 years of age
PhD Mechanical Engineering
*sold* 3 Fortune 500 companies
"successful career in sales"
uses the word "bro" a lot and has the spelling capacity of a sophomore high school student.
He knows of Holloways' guitar in my possession and apparently it was in the scrap heap...with a matched case...and pickups...

Oddly doesn't know what those 3 Fortune 500 companies that he sold use as their stock identity on the NYSE and doesn't understand that I'd be able to find someone who did that on Forbes or the Economist's website. He's also not really up on the notion of time considering how much time the PhD alone would take to obtain if he wasn't lying thru his teeth.

He might want to look into the legal ramifications of letting information from a private case public in an attempt to publically shame someone that hasn't had a single legal action taken against them. There's also the impact upon the case itself, but i wouldn't expect someone who ran and eventually sold 3 fortune 500 companies to understand the legalities of business. /s

If everyone here got the identity wrong as Dave Cohen, it's only because whoever the admin for the JD page is also a BRJ apologist with a similar limited vocabulary. The admin for the page though does seem to have a limited ability to read though with all the evidence direct from BRJ showing that he's a thief explicitly on display thru this entire thread.

Also - "We have admission of guilt on file from Joe admitting to everything. We're not gonna show you this until we go public, BUT HE BE A BAD MAN." You should probably call the cops. You know, like you should have 5 years ago when this apparently happened.

Last edited:

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
The Where is Joe Donner people won't even reply to my multiple messages, same .... different name. How many times have we done this? They say they will change, they say they will fix the problems, in the end they want your money and will deny all contact after they have it.

Rap Hat

the:pawn.project
Reaction score
If it's only 30-60 then there's no excuse for his wife or whoever to take an evening and contact these people before it got so out of hand and at least shed some light on the matter. So that's either a lie, or they had no intentions of righting the wrong at all.

Well, there was also the times people here were in contact with Bernie's wife well after the first two hospitalizations, and IIRC she at first said she had some guitars in her possession, then something about the shop's HVAC system dying and a bunch being ruined, and I don't know what else.

And how does this even account for the fact that when Bernie said my guitar was finished and I paid, then nothing for months, then I talked to him on the phone and he was making up excuses as to what was going on, then a final email asking for payment, and when I pointed out I paid nothing? Am I supposed to believe that during this time, when some people were STILL receiving guitars, that somehow this dude managed to only steal mine and hijack my communication with Bernie? Or what?

I don't even understand what this person is trying to claim. I'm going to go with my gut and say it's another Bernie freakout/meltdown under another name to try to quell the constant flames. If it's not, great, show some proof. But they won't, just like the last dozen times this has happened.

To Bernie's family he's probably the greatest guy and the fact that he just cant seem to catch a break from all these whiny "customers" must seem grievously unfair. But he scammed at least 60k, up to double, from a bunch of different people. If he can't make it right, he doesn't deserve to just move on and re-open shop no matter how serious his psych issues are. And from literally everything we've seen over the past five or six years, the man cannot take responsibility.

*note: I'm more than willing to eat my words if something actually happened. This isn't a personal vendetta, not some crusade to ruin an innocent man's business or whatever. But I've been directly lied to from Bernie himself, and so have a bunch of other people here. I paid him a lot of money for a guitar he told me was complete. But since I never got the guitar or the money back and only got progressively more insane excuses from the Rico camp, I will trust my own experience over more "I'm totally not Bernie I swear" nonsense.

E: I can't help but harp on the "only" 30-60 customers. That could easily and realistically reach 100,000 US dollars. That's an assload of money and definitely not something to just brush aside. The only people that see that number and think "that's nothing" are children, spoiled rich people, and Bernie Rico Jr. No amount of justification will make that number less impactful and the people that try come off looking like the biggest out of touch assholes ever.

e2: And I never contacted anyone who claimed to be able to do something about it besides Bernie (and my bank, and my CC company, and local police). So anyone claiming they're in contact with all of the scammed customers is lying.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I was a former BRJ customer, but decided to cancel my order after the SECOND rebuild. I got a really bad feeling, because no matter how busy you are, if you have to rebuild a guitar twice when you have all the specs clearly written in an e-mail, with pictures, etc. Something wrong is definetely happening.

I sold my "spot" to somewhere else in here, but I don't know if he managed to get his guitar, sold it as well, etc. I was lucky enough to get out of the sh*tstorm in time, but I've done my share since then to badmouth this company.

Now that he's relaunching it (¿?), I'll continue doing that. It's the least I can do in solidarity for my "fallen comrades". Starting a funding campaign for 15000$ after ripping out around 100-150k is not only the icing on the cake, but also just vile. :noplease:

Hachetjoel

Ibanez whore
Contributor
Reaction score
I never bought a guitar from him but I've read every post on this thread and the fact that he's walking around at NAMM make me sick.