The BTBAM megathread

• Thread starter mithologian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
No worse than any of the original bandmates who are re-joining him as if they aren't aware of how shitty what he did was, if anything, he's off the lightest since he can just say it's a check and never had any association with them besides whatever gigs he does

This was a pretty good interview and Jasta didn’t pull any punches. I get the idea Jasta went to bat for these guys early on while also having a bit of “Dude, do you realize what you did to the metal community with this shit?” because of his line of questioning

I don’t really care about AILD, that dude Nick always seemed like a sweetheart of a guy any time I saw him in interviews but I was never big on their tunes. I watched this because I’m certainly interested in the discussion on it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
No worse than any of the original bandmates who are re-joining him as if they aren't aware of how shitty what he did was, if anything, he's off the lightest since he can just say it's a check and never had any association with them besides whatever gigs he does
Yeah, I was definitely side eyeing all of those guys like "Huh, guess Wovenwar wasn't quite the paycheck y'all were hoping for?" but it's pretty telling that 3 of them have already left the reunion.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
How do you go from the story being that he had a consensual sexual encounter with a woman to... a man pretending to be a woman to extort him? And not get law enforcement involved and take the man to civil court?
Exactly. That is quite the flip of the narrative.

"Oh yeah, I had an encounter with this fictional woman who I've never met and doesn't exist. Actually, wait, let me backpedal. It's a man, potentially a deranged fan of my band, who I've potentially never met, and he is potentially pretending to be a woman online to extort me."

It makes zero sense. Not to mention that zero evidence whatsoever has been provided.

Fairly boilerplate legal maneuvering. All bark.
Bingo.

I really get the impression that they have never actually known what the hell they are doing in any case.
As someone who used to see or hear about Paul or Dustie dropping by the local music shop in my neck of the woods every now and then back when they would be occasionally performing at a gig or traveling out to nearby Mojotone during the designing phases of their signature pickups, I can concur.

Also, if you listen to Paul's Power Aesthetic podcast (which hasn't been updated since mid-2022), it also pretty much confirms this.

Paul was on this weird trip with trying to LARP as the next self-help guru or something. (Kind of reminiscent of Al Mu'min trying to LARP as a "fitness influencer", but obviously without the overwhelming mental psychosis.)

Oh man. I knew Susi and Unearth split, he turn into a douchenozzle to?
This is news to me. Fill me in. How long ago was this?

Just learned that he joined As I Lay Dying a couple years ago which doesn't paint him in the greatest light.
This also is news to me.

Yeah, I was definitely side eyeing all of those guys like "Huh, guess Wovenwar wasn't quite the paycheck y'all were hoping for?" but it's pretty telling that 3 of them have already left the reunion.
The dollar signs don't lie.

We all know why they rejoined and then bounced after securing their bag(s).

spawnofthesith

Reaction score

"Oh yeah, I had an encounter with this fictional woman who I've never met and doesn't exist. Actually, wait, let me backpedal. It's a man, potentially a deranged fan of my band, who I've potentially never met, and he is potentially pretending to be a woman online to extort me."

It makes zero sense. Not to mention that zero evidence whatsoever has been provided.

I thought there was evidence posted some months back that the screenshots had been modified and the overall narrative that was provided was fairly fabricated (which doesn't necessarily mean there wasn't a nonconsensual interaction, but at the very least the way the story was told raises a lot more questions)

I'm a little confused though because I thought with that evidence it was shown that the woman was someone Dustie had known and had previous and future relationship and interaction with. So this alleged dude posing as a woman doesn't make much sense. Unless this dude hacked this woman, generated a fabricated story posing as her online using modified screenshots etc?

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score

Bingo.

As someone who used to see or hear about Paul or Dustie dropping by the local music shop in my neck of the woods every now and then back when they would be occasionally performing at a gig or traveling out to nearby Mojotone during the designing phases of their signature pickups, I can concur.

Also, if you listen to Paul's Power Aesthetic podcast (which hasn't been updated since mid-2022), it also pretty much confirms this.

Paul was on this weird trip with trying to LARP as the next self-help guru or something. (Kind of reminiscent of Al Mu'min trying to LARP as a "fitness influencer", but obviously without the overwhelming mental psychosis.)

This also is news to me.

The only possible idea I have is the dude in question is the woman's best friend. I remember from the original post a best friend being mentioned, a dude. So possibly the sex was real, consensual or not, and the best friend is using the opportunity to pose has the women to extort.

It's pretty out there, I know, but it's the only scenario I can personally come up with.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
So this alleged dude posing as a woman doesn't make much sense. Unless this dude hacked this woman, generated a fabricated story posing as her online using modified screenshots etc?
It's pretty out there, I know, but it's the only scenario I can personally come up with.
That's just too much.

Occam's Razor, my dudes.

The simplest explanation is always the best, the most preferable, or (in this case) the most probable.

Blahblahblahblah

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
“…a seven-figure incentive for each member…”

WTF? That has to be lawyer BS, right? No way these guys make that much?

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
That's just too much.

Occam's Razor, my dudes.

The simplest explanation is always the best, the most preferable, or (in this case) the most probable.

Well if Dustie is fabricating a story, and at least a significant portion of the original allegation is also fabricated, what does that leave as the simplest explanation?

Perge

Reaction score

Bingo.

This also is news to me.

In regards to Ken, he announced a break from the band in 2021, then they announced he was officially gone when they started the media cycle for the newest CD. No reason was officially given AFAIK

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Well if Dustie is fabricating a story, and at least a significant portion of the original allegation is also fabricated, what does that leave as the simplest explanation?
What I was getting at is that the narrative has become so overly complicated that it seems genuinely improbable; and the narrative has changed so many times at this point that it is bullshit.

That is the simplest explanation. It's all bullshit.

rokket2005

Reaction score
I also thought this whole thing had been resolved months ago with a dismissal of charges/ dropping of case sort of ruling. I follow Dustie on Twitter and none of this escapade has ever been mentioned by him there, though he has occasionally mentioned his significant other.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
That's just too much.

Occam's Razor, my dudes.

Without a doubt, I agree. That was kind of my point, that the only explanation I could even come up with is already insane on its own.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
I also thought this whole thing had been resolved months ago with a dismissal of charges/ dropping of case sort of ruling. I follow Dustie on Twitter and none of this escapade has ever been mentioned by him there, though he has occasionally mentioned his significant other.
Guilty or not, any lawyer worth a shit would've told him to not go talking about legal matters publicly. My guess is this post is probably the first one he's been told he can make.

rokket2005

Reaction score
Guilty or not, any lawyer worth a shit would've told him to not go talking about legal matters publicly. My guess is this post is probably the first one he's been told he can make.
I understand that, but these legal issues have been going on for the better part of a year or so and it seems they've been discusssed on all of the other prevalent social media platforms. I'm not on insta/fb/tiktok whatever else so I didn't know or frankly care about any drama shit, but I thought it odd that he would make this sort of post only on insta and reserve his twitter for saturday night boxing opinions and complaining about activision every time he wants to play cod with his girlfriend.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Hope they get out stronger (and hire me as their new player, I just need to find some talent)

Playing guitar for BTBAM live sounds hell. What happens when you lose concentration for a second and play a bar of 5/8 instead of 7/8 during the interlude to the pre-solo after the second bridge. Whoever is filling in must be an incredible musician to carry and fulfilled those responsibilities.

This kind of legal back and forth happens in so many bands. It's only because of social media that we are made aware of it nowadays. That said I've never seen someone actually post a legal letter. That is wild.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Who would want to be in a band either as the dick everyone tried to kick out, or with a bunch of dicks trying to kick you out? Take the money and run at that point, whatever the truth is.

It's definitely a big pile of phooey whatever is going on. As many times as I have heard of bandmates trying to swindle each other I have another tale of musicians using fame to basically be sex pests or rapists.

I do find it curious the alleged victim saw fit to further romance and bang their alleged rapist. You'd think it would be a big turn off and all. Because of the rape.

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Nice. BTBAM has entered their: "band members sue each other and begin to start offshoot bands stage." Such is the story for any legacy act.

But this definitely isn't a "dumb move." Waring clearly has some ownership in BTBAM and is trying to get whatever he's contractually owed. People like to believe that bands aren't businesses, but, well, they are. Also, the demand letter makes the BTBAM attorney look like a dumbass. Why would he offer all these conflicting explanations for why Waring was kicked out? Hopefully those aren't accurate statements.

Last edited:

Pietjepieter

Contributor
Reaction score
Playing guitar for BTBAM live sounds hell. What happens when you lose concentration for a second and play a bar of 5/8 instead of 7/8 during the interlude to the pre-solo after the second bridge. Whoever is filling in must be an incredible musician to carry and fulfilled those responsibilities.
Yeah I have the Colors II tab book and I am able to play some riffs... but a full set, remembering it all etc. is something different!
I wish I was the kind of misician that could do that, but yeah hello reality...

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I did, too. :agreed:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice. BTBAM has entered their: "band members sue each other and begin to start offshoot bands stage." Such is the story for any legacy act.

But this definitely isn't a "dumb move." Waring clearly has some ownership in BTBAM and is trying to get whatever he's contractually owed. People like to believe that bands aren't businesses, but, well, they are. Also, the demand letter makes the BTBAM attorney look like a dumbass. Why would he offer all these conflicting explanations for why Waring was kicked out? Hopefully those aren't accurate statements.

I think it's a lot more straightforward: at least 50% of the rest of the band doesn't want Dustie in anymore. I doubt he's going to pull a Roger Waters and tour as "Dustie Waring Presents Between The Buried and Me." He likely wants out just as bad, but wants compensation and is leveraging public opinion to get as much as possible.

Nothing in that letter is substantiated or binding, again, it's textbook threat by litigation.