The Car Thread

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • Tags
    black dingus
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
I can't believe there isn't a car thread here, I searched and couldn't find a thing.

Along with Guitars and Gear, Cars are one of my loves, and I am sure I am not the only one here who feels that way, even though I have much more gear than I do cars, seeing as how I only have one haha.

Anyways, share what you got, what you want to get and are saving up for, what you want and will probably never haver, rumors etcetc.

Anything car related goes in this thread so let us make this thread as awesome as it deserves to be!

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
There were a few dedicated threads, the last one being in 2010.

Still... I still want a Nissan GT-R.

280px-Nissan_GT-R_01.JPG

Until then, my 2000 Corolla will do until I run it to the ground. :lol:

MJS

Reaction score
Mine, back when I wasn't broke... waaaaa

bmw5_zps3972c3eb.jpg

Most of the cars I want are BMWs. If someone buys me a new 750Li or M6, I'll return the favor by giving them a ride in it. :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
Yeah dude, you can't go wrong with a BMW. Having test drove a bunch of them alongside a bunch of other cars I have to say I understand why they have the reputation of being "driver's cars". The way those things feel on the road just puts the silliest grin on my face, especially the E9x M3! So good.

With all of that said however, the next car I buy will be a GT-R. I don't know when that will be, but that is one of my dream cars and I will have it someday, that is all that I know haha. I have been looking at them for the last year or so and watching the prices on the used market actually INCREASE.

They are fucking investments haha.

Thrashmanzac

plays in 69/42
Reaction score
my car:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
1977 holden gemini (not this exact one, but the exact same, paint and all)
unfortunately i lent it to a mate and he has let it die, so i need to go pick it up and see whats wrong with it

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
I used to be a massive BMW fan, as well as owner. To be honest, I think their styling has been hit or miss since the e36 days. I'm also not a fan of how the models have gotten progressively larger. I do like the 1 series though, if I had lots of cash to blow I'd consider a 135i.

I'm into Jaguars at the moment. My xj6 makes my old 3 series seem awful and cheap. The bimmer had lots of plastic trim whereas the Jag has burled walnut. I have no idea what I'm going to do when I need a new car because I probably won't be able to afford something that will live up to the current standard, haha.

MJS

Reaction score
With all of that said however, the next car I buy will be a GT-R.
Guess that explains this. :D

I just realized I might get bored with a garage full of BMWs, so I should probably throw in a 911 Turbo S or two to mix things up. I guess the 3.1 second 0-60 time is good enough for the occasional trip to Wal-Mart. :spock:

texshred777

Reaction score
Currently drive a Civic.

I have a thing for Audi, BMW, and Infiniti.

If I had 400k to blow a Lexus LFA would be my choice. I don't realistically see that ever happening(even on the used arket), but I could see me in a position to have a Nissan GTR some day.

texshred777

Reaction score
I just realized I might get bored with a garage full of BMWs, so I should probably throw in a 911 Turbo S or two to mix things up. I guess the 3.1 second 0-60 time is good enough for the occasional trip to Wal-Mart. :spock:[/QUOTE]

I can't help but agree with Jeremy Clarkson about Porsche.

Dan_Vacant

Hi I'm Dan.
Reaction score
I don't own one my self but I drive my mom's huge Ford 250XL with out a muffler so it's super loud. :D I feel invincible in it, as if it where a tank.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I don't drive yet but I'm old enough to now, hoping to start learning soon...

My first car will probably have to be something really shit (I think the term you have in America is "sub-compact" - that's what most people over here start out in because insurance is very, very unkind to 17-year-olds) but once I've got a little more experience I'd love something like a Ford Puma:

ford-puma-2001-p0007229-e2.jpg

They look cool and they're supposed to be really fun to drive... not very big for hauling gear around but you can always fold the back seats down.

And you can pick them up for under £1000 over here so...

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Japanese high-performance stuff is always really cool too...

I love those new GT-Rs that Bulb was talking about, and the Honda NSX is said to be wonderful.
And don't get me started on the '91-onwards Mazda RX-7 :drool:

A used car dealer up the road from me is selling an R32 Skyline at the moment...

nissan_skyline_r32_gt-r_001.jpg

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Currently driving a 2005 RSX-S and I really don't care to upgrade at the moment.

If I did, it'd be an old school BMW M3, though. I really liked those kind of squared looking ones from the mid 90s.

bulb

Reaction score
Guess that explains this. :D

Haha no that's to fund Camera equipment because Photography has become a rather expensive hobby as well. I need to stop getting into expensive things, I wish I were into cheaper things than Gear, Cars and Photography haha.

troyguitar

Reaction score
gti.JPG

APR tuned, heading to Watkins Glen next weekend to run time trials with some race pads and tires, no other mods. It will be interesting to see how I fare against the Corvettes.