The Car Thread

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • Tags
    black dingus
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
EFFF DEEEEE

lol I just reminded myself of the time I told a guy he had a sweet 993 and he replied “it’s a 911.”

*sigh
I get it, sometimes it's just easier to call the car by its name. If I say RX7 those who know what they are will ask if it's an FD or FC. Sometimes people will say is it the second or third gen?

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I get it, sometimes it's just easier to call the car by its name. If I say RX7 those who know what they are will ask if it's an FD or FC. Sometimes people will say is it the second or third gen?

Well with an RX7 I feel like the better question is masochist or LS swap.

Metropolis

Reaction score
More car troubles with the Focus ST. It was washed a week ago and then came colder temperatures. Electric power steering started acting on cold starts that steering wheel or wheels don't move at all. When engine temperatures get warm and battery gets some voltage and current from alternator it starts working again. I hope it's just a battery going bad and it drops the power steering out. I did check the fault codes yesterday, there was couple from symposer plugged off and fuel pump module not getting signal.

jaxadam

Reaction score
I saw this up at Home Depot the other day and I was like “sick corvette bro”

IMG-9226.jpg

And he was like “it’s not a corvette it’s a… “ and then she goes “jaxadam, is that you?” And I’m like “yeah I don’t do lambos anymore just lifted Tundras. How many bags of weed and feed and mulch are you gonna fit in there and she’s like “I see you still talk just like you post on those guitar forums.”

I was like “well I’ll see you guys in the broom section, I’m working on some tapped sweeps people”.

Last edited:

Metropolis

Reaction score
Got a 3" stainless steel cat-back for the Focus ST, and went to change it tonight. Bolts and nuts to the downpipe were so rusted I couldn't get them to move, and obviously me or the place I was renting didn't have an angle grinder to cut those off. Drove back home with just a downpipe, I hope police don't pull me on the side of the road tomorrow when I drive to work or to the store where I can get an angle grinder :lol: Noise is really terrible inside the car and it vibrates like hell. Just have to avoid over 2k rpm and it will be fine...

Would definetly look better under the car where it belongs... :wallbash:

focus-catback.jpg

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
More car troubles with the Focus ST. It was washed a week ago and then came colder temperatures. Electric power steering started acting on cold starts that steering wheel or wheels don't move at all. When engine temperatures get warm and battery gets some voltage and current from alternator it starts working again. I hope it's just a battery going bad and it drops the power steering out. I did check the fault codes yesterday, there was couple from symposer plugged off and fuel pump module not getting signal.

My old Focus ('99) used to do that when it was cold, and swapping the battery fixed it.
Current one is surprisingly good in the winter, the only actual problem I've had is that the 3rd party carpet on the driver side freezes and then the clutch gets stuck to it :lol:

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Last September one of my actual worst nightmares happened and I got t-boned on the driver side coming home from a D&D game. We both claimed we had a green light (no witnesses, I swear I did but also I was in shock so honestly who the fuck knows). Anyway nobody was hurt, I had gap coverage, and the arbitration found me not-at-fault due I assume to testimony from the trooper who arrived on the scene, so aside from some mild trauma I got out of my predatory loan scott-free with a few decent-sized checks to show for it.

The moral of the story is gap coverage is the shit, and also fuck cars.

Anyway, last week a friend found my car (same bumper sticker) on CL under a recon'd title. It looks all shiny-new, but the frame definitely took some serious damage in the process of protecting me from being turned into meat jelly, god have mercy on anyone who gets into an accident in that thing.

Metropolis

Reaction score
My old Focus ('99) used to do that when it was cold, and swapping the battery fixed it.
Current one is surprisingly good in the winter, the only actual problem I've had is that the 3rd party carpet on the driver side freezes and then the clutch gets stuck to it :lol:

Could be the battery, though current battery is only almost two years old. Some cars can be notorius how whole electrical system works and how components affect to each other.

Metropolis

Reaction score
Got a 3" stainless steel cat-back for the Focus ST, and went to change it tonight. Bolts and nuts to the downpipe were so rusted I couldn't get them to move, and obviously me or the place I was renting didn't have an angle grinder to cut those off. Drove back home with just a downpipe, I hope police don't pull me on the side of the road tomorrow when I drive to work or to the store where I can get an angle grinder :lol: Noise is really terrible inside the car and it vibrates like hell. Just have to avoid over 2k rpm and it will be fine...

Would definetly look better under the car where it belongs... :wallbash:

View attachment 138359

Focus ST exhaust(ing) saga continues. I did cut bolts/nuts off with the angle grinder and original exhaust fell out. It was a hassle because it's not easiest place to work on with somewhat big electric tool. Once I got it installed general fitting is pretty good. Though the double ended sleeve kind of section between resonator and muffler pipe was way too loose and 83mm clamps were too big for the 3" pipe. So I got to buy better exhaust clamps because I broke two out of four when tightening them and a 3" sleeve.

tips.jpgclamp.jpgsleeve.jpg

I'm thinking a band clamp like this has much better design and bolt it has doesn't bend while you tighten the clamp.

3'' band_clamp.jpg

7stringDemon

Reaction score
I am absolutely GIDDY with excitement right now. Im visiting family out west, and my Grandpa let me drive his Corvette!

It's a 2003 50th Ann. Special Edition. He even got the museum delivery! Only 2800 miles. Everything in this car is mint, the paint is stunning, and everything still works. Its hard to tell, but it even has the gold wheels. Its not the fastest car on Earth, but its a ton of fun and definitely puts you in your seat. Dont tell my grandpa that I know that, though :lol:

20240305_101924.jpg

Later this year, Ill be picking up my own C5. Im looking for a 2001+ coupe in Quicksilver with a manual and less than 60k. For the price, I just dont think you can get a cooler sports car than a C5 Corvette.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Later this year, Ill be picking up my own C5. Im looking for a 2001+ coupe in Quicksilver with a manual and less than 60k. For the price, I just dont think you can get a cooler sports car than a C5 Corvette.

I'm still pissed I didn't go Vette over my Z. I thought the insurance would be way to high because I forgot I'm not in my 20s anymore.