The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

olejason

Reaction score
I think the initial deposit covers also shipping and, according to the receipt, shipping is $54, so those $160 comes out of nowhere.:shrug:

Could be shipping but that seems high. Shipping for my Osiris was $30 USD but that is within the country obviously. How many weeks did your build take?

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
I've paid $54 for shipping and build time is 10 weeks .
The custom shop build time was estimated around 10-12 weeks.
Could be shipping but that seems high. Shipping for my Osiris was $30 USD but that is within the country obviously. How many weeks did your build take?

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Just in the last few weeks, if I understand correctly, they ended their flat-rate anywhere-in-the-world promo shipping, and I believe int'l shipping is closer to $150 or might even depend on where it's shipping. Not sure on that.

But, perhaps they goofed and didnt waive the new higher price on already-placed orders?

It's the only thing I could think of.

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
When I placed the order, International shipping was $27, which isn't true since I've been charged for $54.
Now, according to the website, shipping varies depending on country but I won't ever believe that an additional $160 Is required for shipping a guitar in Europe.
Still have to get a response tho.

MatiasTolkki

Burn In Agony
Reaction score
When I placed the order, International shipping was $27, which isn't true since I've been charged for $54.
Now, according to the website, shipping varies depending on country but I won't ever believe that an additional $160 Is required for shipping a guitar in Europe.
Still have to get a response tho.

Dont expect a response without calling them and harassing them. The Kiesel never again thread is proof of that.

olejason

Reaction score
$150 is probably about right to ship it to Europe from California. I'm guessing this happened because you did a deposit instead of the full amount. From their perspective you didn't "lock in" the old discounted shipping rate so now when they run the numbers you're charged the new higher rate. If you complain they might let it slide and give you the old rate.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Anyone have the rundown on scale length options at Kiesel? What's the longest guitar scale they offer and is it relegated to a model or string count? I can slog through a bunch of Guitar Builders but figured I'd ask here first.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
New Model: Theos. I didn't see the whole live "reveal" video yet, but I believe it comes in at least 6 and 7 string, and multiscale.

Think: Delos + their old C66. Like the Delos shape, but no pickguard and square edge of their old C66. Chambering, roasted maple neck and top of some sort (due to chambering) is standard. Will co-exist with bevel-delete Aries.

Definitely looks to target Charvel/Suhr, when it comes to the overall look.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Also, available with a floyd.

FB_IMG_1562701327924.jpg

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Just like the Delos, I think the body and horns are way too chunky. Honestly prefer the Bolt's body over the Delos and now Theos.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Just like the Delos, I think the body and horns are way too chunky. Honestly prefer the Bolt's body over the Delos and now Theos.

Same. The Bolt and GH3 (which is more Bolt-like, event though it's 24 frets) is much more attractive to me...but what do i know. People have been shitting on the Bolt for looking "like a strat, but wrong" for a couple of decades. :lol:

The bolt was definitely boxier. It had a smaller radius around the perimeter, so the body could be more slim around the horn. The Delos has a larger radius, so it has to be wider around the horn, so that it has the space to get flat enough for the pickguard. This is why they said they wouldn't do a "BBE" version of the Delos, even though they did on the Bolt. The body is wider around the horn, and squaring it off would meake it look even wider.

Here was a Bolt, with the squared off perimeter. It looks so much wider around the horn, but it's the exact same body.
034_zpsa6390e54.jpg