The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Updates from today's live:

The Frank Fambale FG1 is now available in solid colors. It'll start with an alder body and plain maple top, and then with trans finishes, it starts with a mahogany body and flamed maple top.

The back of the neck is painted even with the solid colors.

You can also get it with the Gotoh trem on the FG1

They said they added some options to the FG2, but didn't go into details. I see there's a bunch of metallic finishes, now, but no idea how newly those were added. It used to just be the yellow.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Per yesterday's live, you can now get:
Floyd Rose on the 22-fret version of the Delos

They've officially built an Osiris 5-string multscale bass (of the bevel twins, that was only available on the Zeus), so it may be on the menu now. Though they may require the Dark Glass preamp and their triple Tritium pickups, since that's how this one was made.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
It was a surprise from the painters to Jeff, if I understood the story right.

He mentioned Jesse Ventura in the film, which amused me because the last few nights, I've been falling asleep to Abraxas, a shitty 90s sci-fi action movie starring him.

The Monster With .

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
That hat is sweet, I ordered one.

Kiesel has cool merch.

Anyone using the Holdsworth pickups for drop A 7 string? Thinking of replacing my Crunchlab.
I have a Holdsworth in the neck position of my Vanquish 7, and it's the creamiest smoothest neck pup I've ever played. Makes me wish I got the Holdsworth over the Lithium for the bridge but I'm happy nonetheless.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
They announced a run today for a bevel-delete version of their A2.

They are doing the three spec tiers, "Stages", with the lowest, Stage 1, starting at $1649. If you opened the A2 builder, and added the included Stage 1 specs, it'd be $1939. If you pick the Antique Ash finish, it's included in Stage 1, but the non-run price for that guitar would be $2039.

As it stands right now:
1) The body style is exclusive to this run
.....A) Yes, it still comes with a forarm contour, similar to their DC or the bevel-delete Aries.
..........1712364836214.png
2) There are 3 colors that are exclusive to this run, named after SoCal beaches
.....a) Solana: a reddish stain/dye orange
..........1712364868288.png

.....b) Imperial: a purple-ish stain/dye finish
..........1712364910906.png
.....c) Malibu: a dark blue-ish stain/dye finish
..........1712364980191.png

3) The highest-spec option includes a matching "top" on the back, something they don't really offer*, so it's also basically exclusive to this run.

*yes, they offer 5-layer bodies as a part of the Kiesel Edition upgrade package, but outside of those 10 or so guitars per year with a 2-year wait list, they don't offer this 3-piece body any other way

spudmunkey

Reaction score
View attachment 142600
GASing again but should probably wait for a sale...
They normally have a "Multiscale May" promo that's $100 off.

Last year, there was also a "May the 4th" sale and Memorial Day sale that both overlapped "Multiscale May"

May the 4th:
free chambering with a top
free swamp ash body (with raw tone)
$50 off Hyperdrive, Leia, Lightspeed, Retro Solo, Solo, Vader

Memorial Day:
Free thinner neck
free chambering upgrade with purchase of top
free acrylic inlays
free Royal ebony fingerboard
$50 off roasted neck
$50 off KTB
$100 off 7-piece necks
free black burst edges
free fade finishes
free swamp ash body with raw tone, $50 off AAT

Though two things worth mentioning:
1) Jeff's stated that this year's sales will likely be scaled back from last year's
2) While they've done "free ash body wood with raw tone" for nearly every promo for the past few years, black limba and mahogany bodies have also been added alongside ash pretty frequently lately as either free or discounted options.

So there's a good chance that sometime in either May, June for Father's Day, or July's independence day that Black Limba body, Royal Ebony FB, multiscale, chambering (which I'd recommend for a heavy black limba body), and some neck wood upgrades will either be free or discounted.

kriff

Reaction score
They normally have a "Multiscale May" promo that's $100 off.

Last year, there was also a "May the 4th" sale and Memorial Day sale that both overlapped "Multiscale May"

May the 4th:
free chambering with a top
free swamp ash body (with raw tone)
$50 off Hyperdrive, Leia, Lightspeed, Retro Solo, Solo, Vader

Memorial Day:
Free thinner neck
free chambering upgrade with purchase of top
free acrylic inlays
free Royal ebony fingerboard
$50 off roasted neck
$50 off KTB
$100 off 7-piece necks
free black burst edges
free fade finishes
free swamp ash body with raw tone, $50 off AAT

Though two things worth mentioning:
1) Jeff's stated that this year's sales will likely be scaled back from last year's
2) While they've done "free ash body wood with raw tone" for nearly every promo for the past few years, black limba and mahogany bodies have also been added alongside ash pretty frequently lately as either free or discounted options.

So there's a good chance that sometime in either May, June for Father's Day, or July's independence day that Black Limba body, Royal Ebony FB, multiscale, chambering (which I'd recommend for a heavy black limba body), and some neck wood upgrades will either be free or discounted.
Oh that's perfect thank you. I'll wait a bit then!

Black limba, I'm not 100% committed to, I just like the look of it. I've got a non-chambered black limba Vader already which is relatively heavy for a headless guitar but not too bad still. So I'll just see what deals there are probably.