The EB MusicMan 7 Club

• Thread starter Norstorm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I am proud to be a member of the club now :)

I got my JP7 about 10 days ago, have not had time to post a NGD-thread yet, but will do that right now.
For now I will just leave this here:
3_zps78220b79.jpg

this is the first EBMM have ever played, one word: amazing!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
Put my final payment down on my pearl white jp7 standard. Cannot wait for it to be in my possession!

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
My JPX7 will be my sole 7 string in the collection for the time being, but I'm tricking her out with some white Illuminators :cool:

I have some beauties headed my way soon, can't wait to get my hands on them! :D

c4f9a1f2a8ab11e38ba20ea1e883313e_8.jpg

NeoTheMaggot

Reaction score
My JPX7 will be my sole 7 string in the collection for the time being, but I'm tricking her out with some white Illuminators

Looks sweet in white!

I was thinking about throwing some white or green d activators into my jp7 myself, The crunch lab just isn't my thing.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
do you guys ever lubricate the nut and/or the bridge saddles on your EBMM Petrucci guitars for tuning stbility?

I noticed my low b-string comes back sharp when I do a dive on the trem.
But since the guitar is new, it just could be the strings needing to be fully stretched in?

Svava

Djento ergo sum
Reaction score
do you guys ever lubricate the nut and/or the bridge saddles on your EBMM Petrucci guitars for tuning stbility?

I noticed my low b-string comes back sharp when I do a dive on the trem.
But since the guitar is new, it just could be the strings needing to be fully stretched in?

It's probably that- the newness.

Check to make sure the string is properly locked in/the string was put in correctly on the other end.

Unless they made the nut too small or your strings are too big or something it shouldn't be doin' dat.

nicktao

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure EBMM uses Earvana Graphtech nuts on all their guitars now, lubrication shouldn't be an issue.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
My JPX7 will be my sole 7 string in the collection for the time being, but I'm tricking her out with some white Illuminators :cool:

So what's your honest opinion on the Illuminators? I was looking to change the stock CL/LF because I have been-there-done-that with a previous 7 string. It was for me either a SD Nazgul/Sentient set or the Illuminators in a zebra color scheme.

jdpogan

Reaction score
Joining the club myself, friends! :)
I've had this beauty since August last year but just recently got some decent pictures.

Attachments

• bfr1.jpg
    bfr1.jpg
    518.8 KB · Views: 50
  • bfr2.jpg
    bfr2.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 23
  • bfr3.jpg
    bfr3.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 26
  • bfr5.jpg
    bfr5.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 23

jdpogan

Reaction score
I am proud to be a member of the club now :)

I got my JP7 about 10 days ago, have not had time to post a NGD-thread yet, but will do that right now.
For now I will just leave this here:
3_zps78220b79.jpg

this is the first EBMM have ever played, one word: amazing!

This one is amazing! I want it haha!
That finish is spectacular; IMO it would look amazing with gold hardware as well!

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Looks sweet in white!

I was thinking about throwing some white or green d activators into my jp7 myself, The crunch lab just isn't my thing.

I actually quite dig the Crunchlab but I feel like I want something different, and from a good friend's recommendation I chose to go with them. I have to say the D-Activator is also on of my favorite pickups if you're looking for a tight and organic sound, that pickup is the literal definition of that. The Crunchlab is looser and I find it works better for a wider spectrum of things, but the D-Activator is probably my go to for Metal.

So what's your honest opinion on the Illuminators? I was looking to change the stock CL/LF because I have been-there-done-that with a previous 7 string. It was for me either a SD Nazgul/Sentient set or the Illuminators in a zebra color scheme.

I'll be sure to post a review and clips of them once I get them installed, they're just sitting in there currently since I haven't had the time. I love the Crunchlab in the JPX as well, but I wanted to something different since all my other guitars have Crunchlabs haha. I'll also be installing a Titan in an upcoming JP.

7stringsearcher

Reaction score
I actually need some advice guys! I'm super excited to announce that I'm getting a JPXI-7 any day now from a super cool dude on here.
I got really lucky and it's already got an Aftermath/liquifire setup. BUT I've got a set of Blackhawk 7s that I'm trying to decide a destination for.
Anyone have experience with that combo?

Svava

Djento ergo sum
Reaction score
I actually need some advice guys! I'm super excited to announce that I'm getting a JPXI-7 any day now from a super cool dude on here.
I got really lucky and it's already got an Aftermath/liquifire setup. BUT I've got a set of Blackhawk 7s that I'm trying to decide a destination for.
Anyone have experience with that combo?

I've heard people whine about the crunch lab, but never about the liquifire.

Those things are legit- and if I were in your spot I would probably leave that as is and save the blackhawks for another day.