The EB MusicMan 7 Club

• Thread starter Norstorm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Svava

Djento ergo sum
Reaction score
Did a quick recording with the BFR this morning. Neck Pickup + Piezo straight into Garageband, and my favorite clean patch to write with "EJ Clean" on the Axe FX 2!

The shoddy piano behind it is my terrible attempt to compliment the chord changes with my 25 Midi Keyboard thing I bought years back, never mind that

That was pleasant! Thanks for postin'!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kzulkeski

You CAN even
Reaction score
the jp7 in tangerine pearl...was hunting for that color for a very long time...i cant wait to get my bear claws on that thing (side note...i owned jpmike's guitar of the month for september...the 8 was just too much, been itching for a real 7!)

Norstorm

Reaction score
the jp7 in tangerine pearl...was hunting for that color for a very long time...i cant wait to get my bear claws on that thing (side note...i owned jpmike's guitar of the month for september...the 8 was just too much, been itching for a real 7!)

Awesome!

Be sure to update up with some heavy 56s post when you get her home :cool:

Norstorm

Reaction score
A crappy picture of my newly spring serviced beauties..

A little wax now, and we're ready for some action :yesway:

1798789_10202589645534679_1794358293_n_zps8303c850.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

nerdywhale

Reaction score
Still at work, so glamour shots will have to wait, but here's a little teaser of what just arrived ;)

I can't quite capture the red hue in the grain!

Bilbone Shaggins

Burglar 4 S8N
Reaction score
A question for those of you who've played both: in your estimation, does the difference in tone with the EBMM JP7 BFR justify the greater expense relative to the regular basswood EBMM JP7, or is it such a small difference that it's more of a vanity thing?

Many thanks!

nicktao

Reaction score
Not really, the difference is negligible. You're paying for aesthetics and prestige, I prefer the JPX out of all the BFRs, and the JP6 out of the whole line up. They got it right with the JP6 in Mystic Dream.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
The Standards and BFR/Anniversary Models do vary quite a bit in tone imo. I'm having the time of my life playing my Basswood JP6 with a Rosewood Neck, Basswood is still one of my favorite tonewoods ever. It weighs very little and offers a balanced tone, the Alder on the BFR's with the Mahogany Tone Block really fattens up the tone quite a bit. It's definitely a chunky large sounding combo, useful for different applications.