The Epic Phail Picture Thread (TEPPT)

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
345.jpg

they get quite twichy about Joseph, here in Austria....because it was the 2nd bad case in 2 years..or maybe 3 years..but he previous one was relatively "mild" compare to that one..and of course no one knew about his wrong doings....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score
Why did the kid need a good face plant? I'm lost there...

I'm lucky to be at a university with a police department that doesn't have an issue with removing disruptive students - and even luckier that I haven't needed to use them for that, since I tend to scare students with creepy quirks, lectures that leave no room for goofing off or acting uppity, and unusually difficult assignments.

If you need to tell the students (or yourself) that you're smarter than them and that they should take all you say without question or objection, instead of just demonstrating competence and authority through the teaching itself, something is wrong - it's the academic equivalent of obnoxious 'tough guys' who hope that proclaiming that they 'don't take shit from noone' is a valid substitute for confidence and respect.

Jeff

theres a certain way to do things. Doing your best to make the teacher seem like an asshole in front of everyone is obnoxious and it really only makes things alot worse. thats all i mean. they kid was right, the teach was wrong, factually. The kid AND the teacher didnt handle this well.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
I'm just talking from personal experience man. Most older teaches I've had tend to be respected more and as a result can be laid back without getting stepped on, whereas a lot of young teachers I've had go out like they've got something to prove, and end up losing the classes respect and and co-operation as a result. But I have had a couple of younger teachers who were pretty good. Then again we are pretty far apart geologically so I can imagine things being quite different your end. Kids over here are scumbags on the whole, such is British culture mowadays :/ .

This. I had an English teacher in highschool who was a total bitch, straight out of uni and on a mission to prove herself. She was never wrong - "I already have my degree, do you have one?" was her common response to any questioning. Totally OTT with any punishment, an absolute nazi right out of the starting block.

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
theres a certain way to do things. Doing your best to make the teacher seem like an asshole in front of everyone is obnoxious and it really only makes things alot worse. thats all i mean. they kid was right, the teach was wrong, factually. The kid AND the teacher didnt handle this well.

No, fuck that.

If the teacher is insisting on something like this and is unwilling to accept that he may have made a mistake, *he* needs a face plant and a hefty dose of embarrassment in front of the class - and his supervisors, for that matter. The *last* thing we need is to punish children for actually fucking thinking and being right. There's not even any indication that he was 'doing his best to make the teacher seem like an asshole in front of everyone' - only that he was trying to be correct about units of measurement!

Unless you have some other source for this, you're pulling things out of thin air and bashing a student for not wanting to sit through hours of wrong lectures. I am left with no choice to dub this post a 'fail'.

Jeff

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
No, fuck that.

If the teacher is insisting on something like this and is unwilling to accept that he may have made a mistake, *he* needs a face plant and a hefty dose of embarrassment in front of the class - and his supervisors, for that matter. The *last* thing we need is to punish children for actually fucking thinking and being right. There's not even any indication that he was 'doing his best to make the teacher seem like an asshole in front of everyone' - only that he was trying to be correct about units of measurement!

Unless you have some other source for this, you're pulling things out of thin air and bashing a student for not wanting to sit through hours of wrong lectures. I am left with no choice to dub this post a 'fail'.

Jeff

I have to agree with Jeff here, if the student was right and the teacher was wrong then the student should've done what he did. But lets get back to epic fail pictures, k guys?

choptop

Reaction score
i mainly did it to see if i'd get banned considering i was saying a dead guy was a fail and not to mention, he sucked at football.