The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Hell, I guess I am. Apparently I'm gonna get skin cancer unless it works on the same science covid did.

I wouldn't go that far since there's a lot of variables to it. Chances are just greatly increased.

My dad for example doesn't have skin cancer (yet?) even though he burns himself in the Australian sun all the time. And he burns himself so bad his skin actually turns green and comes off in big, dry pieces. I've done that once and can confirm, it's painful af.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I wouldn't go that far since there's a lot of variables to it. Chances are just greatly increased.

My dad for example doesn't have skin cancer (yet?) even though he burns himself in the Australian sun all the time. And he burns himself so bad his skin actually turns green and comes off in big, dry pieces. I've done that once and can confirm, it's painful af.

Oh hell, IDK. I'm not chronically online like most poeple are.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was gonna say, no legitimate medical opinion to offer here but my understanding is that you don't need to burn to still have an increased chance of skin cancer.

Good friend of mine is fair skinned, loves being out in the sun and he got skin cancer in his early 30s. Specifically areas of the the body that directly face the sky; base of neck and his shoulders.
That's my worst nightmare these days

I'm fairly certain this will be me by the time i'm in my 50's or 60's. I've been battling actinic keratosis since my early 30's. It's become a yearly thing I have to treat, and man does it suck.

Edika

Reaction score
That's a lot man. Though tbh that sounds a lot like my weekends tend to be - I'm basically always with the kids as my wife has all kinds of random events to attend to (mostly work and education related but sometimes also just recreation) and when she's not, she seems to always sleep. She's got a lot of stuff to finish up, so I'm hoping my life will get easier in the autumn when all of it should be done. Also the kids won't need this much maintenance forever.

So yeah, can absolutely relate and all I can say is hang in there!
Thanks man! It's not as hectic as this usually and I do love spending time with my kids. I know most parents go through the same things and some, with more children, have it even worse! And you're right, the older they get the more independent they become and want to do their own thing. Which is cool but then it kind of makes me feel a bit sad when I ask them to play something together and they might not want too!

Fucking hell, this made me exhausted just reading it. Props to all the parents out there who have to do all this.
It is a really rewarding and stressful experience being a parent. It was by choice in our case so I should not be complaining lol! But to anyone considering becoming a parent, enjoy your children free time as much as possible. You can certainly work around hobbies and interests around the family but sometimes the energy is not there! I can also totally understand if anyone chooses not to have children though lol!

Edika

Reaction score
Sunscreen is really important and I'm ashamed to say we're not using it as much as we should. We do live in Ireland though where 90% of the time is overcast though and the few days it is sunny it's a chance to get a bit of vitamin D, another big issue for people with somewhat darker skin living in northern countries. When we visit back home though we do put more sunscreen but maybe we should be more diligent even up here.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
So a thing to make me feel like being 31 might make me old...

I did the whole band thing back in the day, and I"m fairly jaded because of it. But I had some buddies that wanted to jam, and it's been a while since I've played with anybody, should be fun, and one of them learned how to play guitar from a dude that taught someone in a big name country band how to play guitar. Should be great, play some tunes and the wives can hang out.

I get arguing over your rhythm if you're trying to play something technical. It wasn't, it was Seven Mary Three.

I was a little too dundun when the song goes duunduun. To give him some credit, was I playing it to fast...fucking probably. We spent an hour drinking before we decided on a song. On my side, you got 3 dudes who don't play as much guitar as they would like to, without a drummer to keep time to. Even without a drummer, that's the way that works. Somebody starts off out of time and you just lock in with them, it doesn't matter if its a dun or duun. If we all play it the same it doesn't matter.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
My one week of summer vacation started today but right before I left work I did something that could get me instantly fired if anyone finds out so instead of all my stress melting away, it just quadrupled. :ugh:

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
annnnnd i'm now on this indian movie for the rest of the summer at 50%, and tbd on some other 911 if it lands for the other 50%

I am dead horatio.

At least I'll get a paycheck for a while longer though.... I'll need to buy something in the fall once these are over if I survive the insanity. 🤔 I should probably buy a bed instead of sleeping on the floor. (last air mattress died, and I've been trying to wait until I find a better apartment in the fall lol)

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Bought a pack of cigarettes yesterday while I was out partying. Second pack I've bought this year. Smoked half of the pack and gave the rest away and now my esophagus feels like burning.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
Bought some IRN BRU out of curiosity and I hate it. It's like really fake bubblegum flavor+ orange. Maybe I can pawn the rest of the 12 pack on people at work.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Bought some IRN BRU out of curiosity and I hate it. It's like really fake bubblegum flavor+ orange. Maybe I can pawn the rest of the 12 pack on people at work.
I haven't had an IRN BRU in probably 20 years but that sounds like an accurate description. 12 yr old me and his goober friends were like "lol IRN BRU" but 32 yr old me would say "just gimme a fucking Perrier/Lacroix. "

Big Dumb Bitch

Evil trans lady >:3
Reaction score
Getting all my information and documents updated with the right name and gender on them is such a pain in the ass. It's wild how many people will argue with me about what my name is and what gender I am when I just showed them the literal court documents that tell them what to call me and how to refer to me and what name to put on my accounts etc lol.

Metropolis

Reaction score
I just soak the kids in sunscreen and then go all "sunscreen is for pussies" myself :lol: I guess I just haven't been in the sun too long yet to burn myself this summer, but usually I burn my nose and scalp (where my hair splits in the middle) every year.

I was in Greece whole last week and my pale ass nordic skin burned even with 50 spf sunscreen on :lol:

Latest posts