The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Demiurge

Reaction score
^Yeah, those services can be trash. My in-laws' wedding anniversary is around the same time as ours, so my wife and my mother-in-law each got the other floral arrangements delivered. In each case, the online services subbed-out the delivery to a local florist that they specifically keep anonymous. The received arrangements did not resemble at all what was ordered, and it seems like the deliverer just picked-up the cheapest thing at the grocery store and boxed it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
^Yeah, those services can be trash. My in-laws' wedding anniversary is around the same time as ours, so my wife and my mother-in-law each got the other floral arrangements delivered. In each case, the online services subbed-out the delivery to a local florist that they specifically keep anonymous. The received arrangements did not resemble at all what was ordered, and it seems like the deliverer just picked-up the cheapest thing at the grocery store and boxed it.
That was my guess. Some local hack grifting through the day. Anonymous. Wouldn't send photos.

Edika

Reaction score
I ordered a collection of children books from an online store. First time I use this called world of books. It was supposed to be 10 books in a bus type case. I received one small book from the series. It seems like a small format too. I contacted them via their contact page this morning and I'm waiting for a reply but probably will get one on Monday. Good thing I paid with PayPal and depending on the answer I'll file a dispute. It wasn't too much money but too much for a single tiny book.

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I wanna do a kickass costume for Halloween for once since we can't go out this year but all of my ideas mean I gotta grow my hair longer. It's long now but there's no way to get it long enough in time and I don't want to wear a wig so idkkkkk

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
I am trying to travel (my favourite thing in the world) but Corona is acting up. Not sure if I should try Lithuania. Anyone been to Vilnius?

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
This is such ass. I hate it when companies do this. It’s a less than 1lb package, chuck it in the mailbox for fuck’s sake.

The picks showed up in a pedal sized box while another order for guitar hardware shipped USPS in a padded envelope at half the price with half the shipping time. :djent:

Proper emoji ^

gnoll

Reaction score
I wanna do a kickass costume for Halloween for once since we can't go out this year but all of my ideas mean I gotta grow my hair longer. It's long now but there's no way to get it long enough in time and I don't want to wear a wig so idkkkkk

This seems counter intuitive to me. Wouldn't a costume make more sense if you were going out? If you're at home how is anyone gonna see it?

Btw there's lots of costume ideas that don't require long hair.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
I finally have all the gear I’ve wanted for years to record an album, taught myself how to engineer/produce it and wrote 95% of the material already, however, my job (which provides the money to allow such purchases) has me so tired and just stretched to my breaking point on a daily basis that I do not have the mental capacity or drive to do anything.

I wake up in the morning with enthusiasm, but by 4pm I’m ready to hit the couch and fill my head full of bullshit TV shows.

Edika

Reaction score
I am trying to travel (my favourite thing in the world) but Corona is acting up. Not sure if I should try Lithuania. Anyone been to Vilnius?

I've been to Vilnius but it's been a decade back. Nice city and there are several things to do. It has a more classic element and a modern element to it. It was relatively cheap back then, not sure now. I'd say if you're taking a taxi, get one from the big companies and avoid any freelance one. Ask your hotel to recommend one and get a card to call them. They're relatively good with English so you'll be able to communicate. Not sure what will be open.
It is a very green city and country, if you want to go aight seeing, but it's also really really flat.

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This seems counter intuitive to me. Wouldn't a costume make more sense if you were going out? If you're at home how is anyone gonna see it?

Btw there's lots of costume ideas that don't require long hair.

Pictures and just for the fun of it, gotta have something to look forward to. It's my favorite holiday so I like to do something.

gnoll

Reaction score
Pictures and just for the fun of it, gotta have something to look forward to. It's my favorite holiday so I like to do something.

Makes sense! Halloween rocks for sure, my favorite holiday as well. Fun costumes, parties (unless virus apocalypse), horror movies, celebrating everything spooky, can't be beaten!

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Called the "acute number" for my local healthcare. Waited 30 minutes until I gave up since no one picked up.

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Latest posts