The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
No thanks. Friction tires are a total scam when it comes to really harsh conditions.

Tbh the way the climate is going these days the way to go would probably be to get 3 sets of tyres. So you'd put friction tyres on before and after the spike tyres, then there's no hurry to swap them when the weather changes all of a sudden...
Of course then you'd also need to get proper tyre changing equipment, doesn't make sense to pay someone to change them 4 times a year.

I don't think the authorities would approve of such things over here :lol:

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Gotta get up at 4am tomorrow to fly to the east coast for the weekend to go to a wedding. I don't want to get up at 4am. I wish I hadn't had to shell out a bajillion dollars to travel. Flying out of San Diego feels like going home from vacation. Also I don't want to get up at 4am
Seriously, early morning flights are the worst. At least there's a lower probability your first flight is delayed.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Travel really is pay to win isn’t it. Pay 40/day and you can park right in front of the terminal instead of having to arrive 30min earlier to take a shuttle. Pay for pre-check and skip the security line. Pay for a nicer seat or early check in and board the plane at the front.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Travel really is pay to win isn’t it. Pay 40/day and you can park right in front of the terminal instead of having to arrive 30min earlier to take a shuttle. Pay for pre-check and skip the security line. Pay for a nicer seat or early check in and board the plane at the front.

Yeah, also these days no luggage is included in ticket prices, so you gotta pay extra to put a suitcase in the cargo hold. You're always allowed to have one bag that fits under the seat though, so that's what I'm bringing most of the time. When I'm traveling with my wife we'll just pay to have one shared suitcase in the cargo hold because there's just no way my wife can survive a few days without EVERYTHING :lol:

Parking in general is atrociously expensive these days. If you go to a bigger city that is. In my town you can park just about anywhere for free, so what I'll do is just park the car at the train station and go to the airport/harbour/whatever by train. It's almost free if you buy the tickets early, and still a lot cheaper than fuel+parking when you buy last minute. For example it's cheaper to fly to Gdansk (Poland) from here than to park your car in one of the bigger cities for a day... And then consider what you get for that money. You get to leave your car somewhere, mostly not even under any kind of surveillance or anything and then you just hope it's still there when you come back...

Last edited:

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I'm signed up for this 19 mile "mtb" ride event later today. Realized after actually seeing the schedule and finding the route is like 50% pavement just to add mileage, I hate the route plan and the schedule, there is zero fun for me in this. Fuck it I might just show up to collect my paid for swag.

I hate stationary pedaling, and long ass climbs where I'm stuck sitting forever, esp on a mtb. Need dirt, trail, variance, not fucking pelotonning for miles on knobbies.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
so my tax return i sent with fedex is getting to where it needed to be today

the one i had to send via USPS since fedex wouldn't deliver to a PO Box..... It's still sitting there as saying "Label Created. Not yet in system"

Who the heck knows if it even left the post office yet. ....sigh...

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
There's this fat manlet that works at my local USPS now and he's a total goblin about using the tape gun "WHICH IS PROVIDED TO TAPE MY PRIORITY BOXES CLOSED YOU FEDERALLY FUNDED OVERGROWN PLACENTAL BYPRODUCT".

Long story short I've had to clown him about it entirely too many times in front of the old guard (who all just retired) at that station to trust my packages ever getting where they need to go anymore lol. The local UPS store is better in every single way and it's inside an auto parts store to boot.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
There's this fat manlet that works at my local USPS now and he's a total goblin about using the tape gun "WHICH IS PROVIDED TO TAPE MY PRIORITY BOXES CLOSED YOU FEDERALLY FUNDED OVERGROWN PLACENTAL BYPRODUCT".

Long story short I've had to clown him about it entirely too many times in front of the old guard (who all just retired) at that station to trust my packages ever getting where they need to go anymore lol. The local UPS store is better in every single way and it's inside an auto parts store to boot.
lol

If this package hasn't budged by tomorrow morning I may send another copy through another store. I'm not sure if that'll confuse the CRA if they get two copies, but getting 2 is better than getting one 2 months late (at the rate this thing seems to be moving)

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
lol

If this package hasn't budged by tomorrow morning I may send another copy through another store. I'm not sure if that'll confuse the CRA if they get two copies, but getting 2 is better than getting one 2 months late (at the rate this thing seems to be moving)
I feel like if you have a receipt/tracking # with a date you sent it to the CRA then that would be enough to cover your ass, no?

Maybe better safe than sorry. Doesn't matter which country, the taxman is a prick.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I'm signed up for this 19 mile "mtb" ride event later today. Realized after actually seeing the schedule and finding the route is like 50% pavement just to add mileage, I hate the route plan and the schedule, there is zero fun for me in this. Fuck it I might just show up to collect my paid for swag.

I hate stationary pedaling, and long ass climbs where I'm stuck sitting forever, esp on a mtb. Need dirt, trail, variance, not fucking pelotonning for miles on knobbies.
Fuckin A that was br00tz.

vark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Life is pay to win

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Triple butter burger and a tall concrete have been prescribed by my AI doctor to recover. I'm sore af.

artworks-QG7LNLy9tZPej8hb-Ddqdog-t500x500.jpg

I'm kinda in the same boat, trying to fix the bad parts about my work and diet. I've been trying myoreps to fix my shoulders and tricpes from growing. I can't pick a cup up high enough to drink out of it at the moment