The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
But dude, those don't literally even taste good, they're just hot af. Personally I'd much rather buy some Poppamies chips, because they actually have some flavor as well.

Nah, you'll get used to the heat over time. Same with Poppamies. Couldn't taste shit when I first tried but they really are tasty, especially the Habanero ones. Man, I need to grab a bag on the weekend. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I have too much gear to get rid of, and none of it is really worth posting FS ads online, so I'm going to trade it in at my local MGR; feels shitty rolling up with two guitars and a cab, but it is what it is, I'm sure they'll get rid of it quicker than I can.

I think my Talman in addition to those OTHER two, I might just post it as free to good home for someone to learn on, since it's a good guitar and it'll be a solid 5/10 for someone to learn on and have for a while; beats the absolute bottom of the barrel that some might start out on.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Nah, you'll get used to the heat over time. Same with Poppamies. Couldn't taste shit when I first tried but they really are tasty, especially the Habanero ones. Man, I need to grab a bag on the weekend. :lol:

Yeah, you get used to the heat, no problem, but they just didn't taste good to me. Poppamies is a different deal though, they actually taste good too.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
So my boss has me redoing a bunch of trim at work. Not my job, but this is redoing trim, not doing it, so that's where the a/c is, so ya, I'll do it. I learned how to do trim because my dad has a company that was building quarter of a million dollar houses back when that was expensive. Not the best at it, but better than your average moron who youtubed it. Either way, I'm a mechanic/millwright, not a trim carpenter, so I don't have the right tools for it. Boss said they had them, and he was about as right as when he picked out some retarded ass trim that's gonna look like shit.

Because the thing people forget about this
Production_triangle.png

I can do some shit with some bullshit, but that kind of skill falls under paying for my knowledge and they pay some entry level $19 an hour bullshit. It is possible to be so cheap you start to impact the good.

Also...criticizing my boss because of his choice in trim and not knowing the difference in types of saws is the most Ron Swanson I have ever felt. Not to mention, I learned how to do trim when I was like 12.

2ee19867bd42885f11ce14baa593ad26-2985447427.jpg

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Agreed to go to work tomorrow meaning I have work every day of this week. Means €€€ since Sunday is now paid triple but man, I was really looking forward to getting drunk af tonight and sleeping in late tomorrow but what can you do. :lol:

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Agreed to go to work tomorrow meaning I have work every day of this week. Means €€€ since Sunday is now paid triple but man, I was really looking forward to getting drunk af tonight and sleeping in late tomorrow but what can you do. :lol:

I hate overtime. Sometimes it works out and you have 30 minutes of work to do in a 12 hour shift and you spend 11 hours and 30 minutes watching old Wrestlemania in the breakroom in the AC, and sometimes that 12 hour shift turns into a 16 hour shift and you feel like this when you get done.

miaonlyfans-lede-1024x639-1079814773.jpg

I mean, I like money, and it's nice making almost double your car note in one day...but the best way to put it is..

EDIT: As far as a first world problem...googling Mia Kalifa not naked feels like one of the strangest google searches anyone's ever made.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So my ex guitarist and his brother randomly expressed interest in helping with music I'm working on. Whereas they are easily the best musicians I know, they do have the tendency to slack for various reasons. I've wanted to work with other musicians but lack of finding any lead to my current project being a one man show which has worked out great. Mind you this is the same guitarist who was dropped, along with everyone else, for not pulling their weight for live gigs. I know they both CAN do it if properly motivated but I'm not sure. I'm becoming set in my ways in terms of how things are done and even though I know that's not a good thing, it gets results.

Perhaps I'll give it a try and see what happens. Worst case scenario it's just a waste of time, although I hate having my time wasted.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
We had a good day of practice on Saturday, played from 10-1PM, since my teammates decided they were gassed (maybe it was jut me, but I didn't feel like we were pedal to the metal so not sure why), but after getting set up and into the rotos, I didn't want to run to my car to put sunscreen on my neck; so I just kept rolling with it, and now it's sunburnt :(

I was also grossly overdue for shaving my head, and that meant trimming up the neck too! I took one shot back there too, but thankfully that didn't act up at all, but that razor sure did make itself known.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Follow-up on my house drama.

[Recap: lot of my neighbors have moved in the last couple years and pretty much all my new neighbors have been awful. The last of my remaining "old neighbors" put the house up for sale, was concerned about who'd move in

Additionally, theres a property line between us that is disputed.]

In an M Night Shymalan-like twist, the house next door sold to... the people that I lived next to at my OLD house. 😳 And theyre super decent people. Couldn't be happier about that.

Also, the realtor and the old owners were there for the showing and walked the CORRECT property line, which the new owners said they're fine with accepting without getting another survey done.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
So idk if anyone remembers my post about my situation in the relationships thread but I finally made it back to the East Coast after 3 months.

Why is this in the First World Problems thread, might you ask?

Because holy fuck it is so god damn hot and humid here, it's miserable. How the fuck do any of y'all deal with this bullshit? This is an uninhabitable wasteland, and NC isn't even as bad as Georgia was. What the fuck

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
So idk if anyone remembers my post about my situation in the relationships thread but I finally made it back to the East Coast after 3 months.

Why is this in the First World Problems thread, might you ask?

Because holy fuck it is so god damn hot and humid here, it's miserable. How the fuck do any of y'all deal with this bullshit? This is an uninhabitable wasteland, and NC isn't even as bad as Georgia was. What the fuck

To be fair, you might have just come at a bad time, I know right now MA is under a heat dome (currently sitting at 88) but this is the first time it's been that high ALL year, and we'll get a week of this and then it'll go back down; it's not going to beat you relentlessly day after day like the dry heats that west coast is experiencing.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Went to watch Babylon 5 with my friends as I do every other week, and when I grabbed some beer from the fridge they were too cold. Not frozen but almost painful to carry.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
To be fair, you might have just come at a bad time, I know right now MA is under a heat dome (currently sitting at 88) but this is the first time it's been that high ALL year, and we'll get a week of this and then it'll go back down; it's not going to beat you relentlessly day after day like the dry heats that west coast is experiencing.
The thing is, dry heat is much more easily escapable IME. Even just standing in shade will drop temps by something like 10-20 degrees, and your sweat actually evaporates to cool you off, whereas down in the taint of the country it just sticks to you and makes you overheat.

Definitely grateful that I have a place to stay during this whole ordeal but I'm def gonna make my way North/Northwest again if/when I have the chance to.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Went to watch Babylon 5 with my friends as I do every other week, and when I grabbed some beer from the fridge they were too cold. Not frozen but almost painful to carry.
DeepestSympathy412_2.jpg

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
In an M Night Shymalan-like twist, the house next door sold to... the people that I lived next to at my OLD house. 😳 And theyre super decent people. Couldn't be happier about that.

Also, the realtor and the old owners were there for the showing and walked the CORRECT property line, which the new owners said they're fine with accepting without getting another survey done.

Isn't it weird when things just kind of work out like that?
Idk about the rest of you but personally I am so used to things going the clear opposite of the way that I want them to that I have become a devout disciple of Murphy. Especially over the last 5 years or so. To the point where nowadays when something actually just....works out- it's actually somewhat disarming.

--
Just as an aside to this, I've got my own neighborhood drama that's started in the last month or so.
My brother and I have been trying to determine for a while now whether or not the folks that live behind us have someone living in the back yard like a full blown feral person, since we started hearing some very strange verbal exchanges from the back patio. The answer appears to be yes.

Some tweaker has started to wander the neighborhood (which for context is a bisected loop off of a somewhat busy street) and harass people for lighters. This isn't uncommon since my town is a shithole with one of the worst meth infestations in the country; but is uncommon for this neighborhood. Which is why I bought into it.
Right when he started showing up my brother made the mistake of immediately answering 'sure!' and holding out a lighter for him without looking, assuming he was one of our neighbors (who are both great), only to discover it was some cracked out tweaker who snatched it out of his hand and skipped down the road. Since then, he's taken a particular liking to my house. He's come up and knocked on my door at 1am, I've come home from work to see him sitting in my front lawn, he's learned my brother's schedule so he's always there to harass him when he gets off work, he'll come up next to my door while I'm waiting for my car to warm up in the morning and start jumping up and down and babbling incoherently at me....and he seems to continually be walking the neighborhood, yelling the same string of random nonsense over and over.

Shortly after this happened we talked with the neighbors, since they leave their garage open a lot, to warn them; and they immediately knew who we were talking about. Guess he's the son of the folks who live behind me, used to be a pro fighter, got hooked on drugs and fried his brain to where he is now a legit crazy person. Cops have been called on him numerous times cause he likes to chase people, especially young girls; and will absolutely go through your car. I guess they recently took him back in. Sure enough over the next couple days, I'm out watering my plants, and hear the folks behind me talking to this guy, which is definitely the same person, and they definitely don't let him into the house. Wild.

So I've been trying to finesse that whole situation. Meanwhile I have my corvette parked in the front because I can't get it onto my driveway (angle's too steep), which he has commented on.....😬

Last edited:

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Yesterday, just as I was ending my work day, I noticed that some band I listen to had released a new song from an upcoming album. So I thought "I'll check that out first thing tomorrow". Well, guess if I can remember which band it was, or even which platform I saw the post on? :lol:

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Waited ten teeth-grinding work days to get to our summer cottage and now when I'm finally here I'm bored out of my mind and it's cold af too so I wish I was back at work. Might as well start the mid-summer celebrations early and get drunk. :drew:

Latest posts