The Fishman Fluence Thread

Chris Bowsman

Nu-Metal Apologist
Contributor
Reaction score
Did some things that helped a lot yesterday evening.

The biggest was adding the mic bundle on AmpliTube. Having a second mic and placement options is a game changer. Apologies for the “no shit, Sherlock” revelation, but I’m new to the iPad amp game.

I’m also trying out a bunch of different amps and cabs from my usual. I think the Powerball accentuated the wah tone, as the 5150 with a Mesa cab is much better.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

elkoki

Reaction score
Did some things that helped a lot yesterday evening.

The biggest was adding the mic bundle on AmpliTube. Having a second mic and placement options is a game changer. Apologies for the “no shit, Sherlock” revelation, but I’m new to the iPad amp game.

I’m also trying out a bunch of different amps and cabs from my usual. I think the Powerball accentuated the wah tone, as the 5150 with a Mesa cab is much better.

I bought the Tosin set on Amazon and thanks to Prime I got them in 2 days and installed them as soon as I got them. I LOVE the bridge pickup on this set. After using the KSE set for a few months I gotta say I like the Tosin's way more. The KSE bridge had SO little bass, lots of output and treble that it sounded a bit harsh and thin to me.. Tosin's bridge sounds a bit fatter, bit less aggressive and sounds "richer" I dont like using those kinds of words but it's the only way to describe it. It's easily my favorite Fluence bridge so far, I'm way happier with it than I was for the KSE set. The cleans are much nicer too imo. Only thing is the neck pickup sounds a little low output to me ? The bridge sounds more saturated and brighter in comparison, switching from the neck over to the bridge the difftence in high end and saturation is obvious.. the pickup heights are about equal. Don't know if this is how it's supposed to be, or if my neck pickup has a defect, it still sounds good though .. just makes me wonder .... none of the other Fluences I tried were like this

Chromatizm

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Aren't they active by default? If so, don't even connect the Voice 2 wire. Connect the Single Coil wire where you'd install the voicing switch on the push-pull pot.

Thank you for the idea!
(Un)Fortunately, they are Voice 2 by default. You have to pull potentiometer to get Voice 1.
What do I do if I want to have both voices on the neck pickup plus Voice 3 "tele neck" option, but replace the rest of them with the custom wiring? I've asked Frank on the Fishman TA thread here: https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/tosin-abasi-fluence-sig-set.318417/page-12#post-5326873, but if you have any suggestion, please chime in! :)

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Thank you for the idea!
(Un)Fortunately, they are Voice 2 by default. You have to pull potentiometer to get Voice 1.
What do I do if I want to have both voices on the neck pickup plus Voice 3 "tele neck" option, but replace the rest of them with the custom wiring? I've asked Frank on the Fishman TA thread here: https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/tosin-abasi-fluence-sig-set.318417/page-12#post-5326873, but if you have any suggestion, please chime in! :)

The Fluences should have came with little black jumper clips. Insert that on the Voice and GND pins under the pickup and that will change the voicing without needing the pot. If you don't have the jumper clips, just any way to bridge the Voice and GND pins together will do the job

Not sure about custom wiring. That's way out of my league. :lol:

IwantTacos

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thank you for the idea!

if you ground the v3 jumper the pickup will automatically be in v3 all the time. switching to different coils on the Abasi bridge is bit complicated and I'm not actually sure if I've figured it out yet.

Chromatizm

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Fluences should have came with little black jumper clips. Insert that on the Voice and GND pins under the pickup and that will change the voicing without needing the pot.

Do I understand you correctly: just switch "Output" and "Voice 2" switches to have the "Voice 1" as the default voice (push-pull in lower position)? Correct? https://img.kytary.com/eshop_co_uk/...in-abasi-7-string-pickup-set-black-nickel.jpg

f you ground the v3 jumper the pickup will automatically be in v3 all the time.

If I'm reading Fishman manual correctly, V3 always takes over other two voices. So in this case will I have only V3 and not being able to use V1/V2? I'm afraid this is not what I'm looking for, I think I need to keep that sweet but biting Voice 1 neck+bridge humbucking option!
This is how it is wired currently in my guitar: https://www.fishman.com/wp-content/...in-Abasi-Rev2-1xV-5-way-Otax-Super-Switch.pdf

I'm actually OK with dropping Voice 2 completely (not really a classic rock guy) if I could get different single-coil options instead (those not used/available by using this particular wiring)

Strobe

Reaction score
Do I understand you correctly: just switch "Output" and "Voice 2" switches to have the "Voice 1" as the default voice (push-pull in lower position)? Correct? https://img.kytary.com/eshop_co_uk/...in-abasi-7-string-pickup-set-black-nickel.jpg

If I'm reading Fishman manual correctly, V3 always takes over other two voices. So in this case will I have only V3 and not being able to use V1/V2? I'm afraid this is not what I'm looking for, I think I need to keep that sweet but biting Voice 1 neck+bridge humbucking option!
This is how it is wired currently in my guitar: https://www.fishman.com/wp-content/...in-Abasi-Rev2-1xV-5-way-Otax-Super-Switch.pdf

I'm actually OK with dropping Voice 2 completely (not really a classic rock guy) if I could get different single-coil options instead (those not used/available by using this particular wiring)

If you put the jumper on Voice 2, voice 2 will always be engaged instead of Voice 1. The jumper is essentially a little piece that makes something be always switched on. If you had zero switching on your guitar, you would always have voice 1 on. If you had the jumper on voice 2 or 3, you would always have voice 2 or 3 on. It is true that voice 3 overrides 1 or 2, so if you had a jumper on voice 3, it would always be on regardless of whether 1 or 2 was switched on with a jumper or not.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Okay I'm confused, not sure how to jumper THOSE abasis. I was looking at these.

xe9IhvEgJ1QqtklHJywZpL2cfzmu-Nhid7nMH840NQ6dT1L9FfIis1cZ4I_SF8TRC_62EU-JYbFJMspeFd9Uyx-_8qTnw-d1VKhXHPaTH7Tq-BwxPmJmJsRlUUMwMEjBbPz8I4yyS08c2z771XD0NqVDklvLqolloFg7

And yeah, I'm not sure which is true with the Abasis; I'm going to assume whoever wired your Abasis made it to where Voice 2 is pushed in, but by default (with no pot or jumper) is voice 1, so jumping the tabs on the Abasi should give you Voice too.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Question for you Fluence owners with pickups that have the Voice 3 single coil option: How noisy under gain is Voice 3?

Strobe

Reaction score
Question for you Fluence owners with pickups that have the Voice 3 single coil option: How noisy under gain is Voice 3?

My classics do not have the voice 3, but my Abasi set does. There is a very small increase in noise on the single coil setting, but it is not a lot - nothing like a true single coil. Even with gain, it is barely there.

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
Are you using a noise gate? because single coil mode for me is definitely noisier than full humbucking
Now that you mention it, I don't even know :lol:
I've dialed in my tone a while ago and didn't change it ever since. What I can say tho is that I don't treat the single coil voice differently than the humbucking voice and I can easily use my high-gain-setup pretty much noiseless when using the single coil mode. I'm using the 5-way-switch setup which either activates both inner (I think at least) single coils or the neck as single coil alone and both work fine.

Strobe

Reaction score
Now that you mention it, I don't even know :lol:
I've dialed in my tone a while ago and didn't change it ever since. What I can say tho is that I don't treat the single coil voice differently than the humbucking voice and I can easily use my high-gain-setup pretty much noiseless when using the single coil mode. I'm using the 5-way-switch setup which either activates both inner (I think at least) single coils or the neck as single coil alone and both work fine.

I turned off all my noise gates. Single coil mode on my Abasi set is as I mentioned definitely noisier with high gain - but it is probably 1/4 of what I get with an actual single coil. It is not quiet, but for whatever reason it is not that bad.