The Fishman Fluence Thread

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Fractal still sells plenty of Axe FX don't they?
Amps, pedals, cabinets, speakers, etc. and their respective models in a unit impact tone a hell of a lot more than pickups. And a Fractal unit makes them much more money per sale I’m sure. With pickups, you have more to gain out of smaller, individual transactions in pursuit of the next “big thing”.

jvms

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question about the 3 voice Modern pickups. How close is the output of all three voices? I would probably get one if they were all similar and I could change between all of them using the same patches without having to worry too much about noise gate and drive settings.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SJShinn

Reaction score
I have a question for those more in the technical know about these Fluence pickups. I just got my first set of them in an E-II Eclipse, I like both voices on the bridge, but I am not a huge fan of Voice 1 for the neck pickup. Voice 2 for the neck however it's awesome. My question is, Is there some kind of wiring wizardry I can do to make voice 2 the default for the neck pickup with the pot down? So that I don't have to pull a pot and go for the pickup switch? Or is that not something that is doable?

The Monster With .

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yep this is totally doable and dead easy.

You just need one of the little jumpers that connects to pins on the back of the pickup. It just grounds a pin that selects the voice.

I have a question for those more in the technical know about these Fluence pickups. I just got my first set of them in an E-II Eclipse, I like both voices on the bridge, but I am not a huge fan of Voice 1 for the neck pickup. Voice 2 for the neck however it's awesome. My question is, Is there some kind of wiring wizardry I can do to make voice 2 the default for the neck pickup with the pot down? So that I don't have to pull a pot and go for the pickup switch? Or is that not something that is doable?

SJShinn

Reaction score
Yep this is totally doable and dead easy.

You just need one of the little jumpers that connects to pins on the back of the pickup. It just grounds a pin that selects the voice.
Cool! I haven't had the pickups out of the guitar yet, is this jumper something that is already existing on the bottom of the pickup, or do I need to buy a part from Fishman? Or is it a solder joint? I saw something about solder pads on the user guide I downloaded. I don't know if it matters but these are the open core classic set.

The Monster With .

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
1000001660.jpg
It's these pins on the back of the pickup. Just check out the manual for your specific model. Fishman may give you some of the jumpers if you ask. I've used beardboard jumpers off Amazon to do different wiring with Fishmans.

Basically you just need to ground the pin for your selected voice. Easy👍 You can do it at the push pull pot as well, by switching the wires around for that pickup, you can tell which ones my the colors that corespond to that pickup/voicing.

Hopefully that makes sense, I'm at work so kinda distracted.

SJShinn

Reaction score
View attachment 142652
It's these pins on the back of the pickup. Just check out the manual for your specific model. Fishman may give you some of the jumpers if you ask. I've used beardboard jumpers off Amazon to do different wiring with Fishmans.

Basically you just need to ground the pin for your selected voice. Easy👍 You can do it at the push pull pot as well, by switching the wires around for that pickup, you can tell which ones my the colors that corespond to that pickup/voicing.

Hopefully that makes sense, I'm at work so kinda distracted.
Excellent, good info. I don't have anything to jumper at the pickup, but I can certainly try it at the pot when I get home. Thank you! 👍

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Something more jerry rigged that may work is just jumping the two pins with aluminum foil. It'll ground the pin like a jumper would