The FREE IRs, Amp sims, and boosts post.

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Themistocles

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's very cool because I love the sound of a Soldano and I don't think i have ever heard a Laney and I'm not sure if I came across IR's of it although I might even have some, very curious now.

Unfortunately it's only for Win10 so it's of no use to me yet and the pressure to upgrade is getting very real because many plugins are going with Win10 or higher. Now smaller companies and freebies as I'm seeing here now too. Damn, man.
well they are new so they are trying to build a following with the widest array of users, mac might come along eventually. Soldanos really do kill, especially on leads

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's very cool because I love the sound of a Soldano and I don't think i have ever heard a Laney and I'm not sure if I came across IR's of it although I might even have some, very curious now.

Unfortunately it's only for Win10 so it's of no use to me yet and the pressure to upgrade is getting very real because many plugins are going with Win10 or higher. Now smaller companies and freebies as I'm seeing here now too. Damn, man.
Crap I just downloaded and didn't see that lol

I've been hesitating to going to Windows 10 machine as well but figure it needs to happen at some point.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
Reaction score
it was free yesterday . i read that it on the feed, but now looking at it today its just a link to their website . maybe it was a limited time? idk. i was going to get it but if its not free anymore forget it. if i'm going to pay it would be for a greenback or g1275
Greenbacks and Gs are in the folder, btw..somewhere.

TornAnus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Are there any Peavey sims that aren't modeled after 5150/6505? A VTM or butcher would be fun

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@BMFan30 FYI I installed neurontube on my windows 7 machine and it works. The only issue I have is the Soldano head image is too large for my monitor and I can't resize the plugin to fit and see the entire head in Reaper.

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@BMFan30 FYI I installed neurontube on my windows 7 machine and it works. The only issue I have is the Soldano head image is too large for my monitor and I can't resize the plugin to fit and see the entire head in Reaper.
Oh cool thanks for the info, I'll go ahead and grab it then! I bought Reaper earlier this year but I don't know my way around it as well, yet.

But in Fl Studio has a detatch feature that lets you detatch a plugin from your DAW that keeps it tethered to it's window and lets you keep the plugins view up even when you minimize Fl Studio which sometimes resizes the plugin.

There may also be some options under the hood of the plugin window which lets you resize things if the daw supports that sort of thing. Not sure if Reaper has something like that yet as I've not dove into it as properly as I should've.

Sometimes a graphics card needs an update to it's drivers and firmware if there's one out on your model which will fix any resizing issues.

Reaction score
Oh cool thanks for the info, I'll go ahead and grab it then! I bought Reaper earlier this year but I don't know my way around it as well, yet.

But in Fl Studio has a detatch feature that lets you detatch a plugin from your DAW that keeps it tethered to it's window and lets you keep the plugins view up even when you minimize Fl Studio which sometimes resizes the plugin.

There may also be some options under the hood of the plugin window which lets you resize things if the daw supports that sort of thing. Not sure if Reaper has something like that yet as I've not dove into it as properly as I should've.

Sometimes a graphics card needs an update to it's drivers and firmware if there's one out on your model which will fix any resizing issues.
FL STUDIO GANG!

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
First, this thread should be stickied.

Second, for you guys that use Amplex, check this out. Some extremely awesome individual made a CRAP TON of preamp presets from the actual schematics. Note that they are only preamps and see his notes on that.

As is typical, the names are variations of the real thing. I've figured out what most of them are but a few are mysteries. So if someone was inclined to match up the model name to the real amp name that would be awesome. There are a TON of them.

https://github.com/MARKTHERENCE/Amplex-MK-Presets

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Looking forward to trying the JSX one
It's good. As are the CAE 3+, Soldano X88, Yerasov Soldier, Triple Giant, JVM and others. A few I've tried have issues (no/low output, immediate clipping) but those are generally ones I wasn't too interested in anyway.

I don't know what the "mixture" model is based on but it's good too (I'm still trying to decipher some of the names).

Honu_Audio

Reaction score
New update for VTarAmps Jambi

Reaction score
New update for VTarAmps Jambi
The Jambi is by far my favorite Vtar amp. I got the update a day or so ago. I haven't run it through its paces yet but I already miss the purple design. I wonder if Vadim can make me a custom one