The GTA V Thread

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Servers work now but I think I lost my character for good so I made another one. At least all my money from the first character were recovered.

Tyler

Reaction score
logged in and lost 60k and was set back some ranks. immediately got ganked and lost another 2k from that alone.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Made a new character today. Was back at rank 12 in less than 12 hours. Races are an awesome way to get money and RP. :)

Dooky

Reaction score
Made a new character today. Was back at rank 12 in less than 12 hours. Races are an awesome way to get money and RP. :)

Yeah, I don't know if I'm just unlucky, but I find it hard to find people wanting to race. Most people seem to want to do death-matches all the time and I actually find the death-matches pretty boring really. The races are really fun and like you said, the best way to earn money and rank up.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know if I'm just unlucky, but I find it hard to find people wanting to race. Most people seem to want to do death-matches all the time and I actually find the death-matches pretty boring really. The races are really fun and like you said, the best way to earn money and rank up.
I just get stuck in races with assholes who would rather knock me off a cliff and .... around once I get a lead...or that ............ who will just trap you in a corner and you both end up with DNF's and get no cash :mad:

Dooky

Reaction score
I just get stuck in races with assholes who would rather knock me off a cliff and .... around once I get a lead...or that ............ who will just trap you in a corner and you both end up with DNF's and get no cash :mad:

Yeah, I gotta say, there is no shortage of dickheads that play GTA5 and it's amazing the patience some of these dickheads have.
Like this one guy who, for no reason, just started chasing me for 5-10minutes so I went to the safety of my 'owned garage'. I knew he'd probably hang around outside for awhile so I had a break from GTA; but left it running while I went and made a coffee, watched a bit of tv etc. Came back to GTA, left my garage and the dude was still waiting outside to kill me (which he did)!

And I've had a few races where some Ass Clown finds it way more fun to drive around the track the wrong way than to actually race and earn points/money.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I gotta say, there is no shortage of dickheads that play GTA5 and it's amazing the patience some of these dickheads have.
Like this one guy who, for no reason, just started chasing me for 5-10minutes so I went to the safety of my 'owned garage'. I knew he'd probably hang around outside for awhile so I had a break from GTA; but left it running while I went and made a coffee, watched a bit of tv etc. Came back to GTA, left my garage and the dude was still waiting outside to kill me (which he did)!

And I've had a few races where some Ass Clown finds it way more fun to drive around the track the wrong way than to actually race and earn points/money.
Oh yeah, bounties just seem to get put on me for no ....ing reason, I'll go off and do something in the real world while my character is in my apartment and some dickhead will be waiting outside my door to run me over.

I also walked out of my apartment today after just turning the xbox on to a 2 star wanted level....hadn't even left my apartment yet, or played today. wtf :lol:

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Was able to play for a while this weekend, it was pretty fun. Even had the message "New World Record" or something alike after a race, dunno if it was some glitch or legit, either way someone probably already beat my time.

For the record, it was the race "Through the Grapevine" with a Cheetah, 2:47:972 was the time (got a screenshot of it, but not of the "New world record" thing since it just poped and dissapeared before I could take a picture of it)

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
^I'm pretty sure that was just a glitch. I also got the world record on the first race with Lamar. I don't think the scoreboards were up yet during the weekend.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
^I'm pretty sure that was just a glitch. I also got the world record on the first race with Lamar. I don't think the scoreboards were up yet during the weekend.

Yeah thats what I figured, reason I didn't go batcrazy "OMG!!!!11!!ONE IM BETTER THAN YOU ALL BIIIIIITCHES!" :lol:

Rosal76

Reaction score

I didn't read into it in detail but my brother told me that Rockstar is developing something that will deal with problematic players on-line. Like I said, I didn't read into it so I don't know the details of it. :cool:

Being a bad sport for playing GRAND THEFT AUTO? – Rockstar Support

Edit: I guess whatever my brother was talking about, Rockstar already has it in games.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
.... this shit!
On the heist where
you take out the van with the pickup truck[spoiler/] I put my getaway car on the top floor of a multistory car park, at the end of the mission, you leave in the bin lorry/trash car and drive to your getaway car. I could not fit it in the car park!?!?!

Dooky

Reaction score
I didn't read into it in detail but my brother told me that Rockstar is developing something that will deal with problematic players on-line. Like I said, I didn't read into it so I don't know the details of it. :cool:

Being a bad sport for playing GRAND THEFT AUTO? – Rockstar Support

Edit: I guess whatever my brother was talking about, Rockstar already has it in games.

Yeah, this is what I thought (there was an in-game pop up about it). But I still can't figure why I seem to find myself in games with total douchebags - because I'm always a good sport and to date I haven't killed a single player in free roam or co-op missions (purely because I want to be able to play the game with non-douchebags).
I dunno, maybe the player data just needs a little more time to be collated to workout the bad-sports from the good-sports.

Rosal76

Reaction score
I dunno, maybe the player data just needs a little more time to be collated to workout the bad-sports from the good-sports.

Could be. I can only imagine it would be a complex thing for Rockstar to develop because even good honest players can accidently slip up. When I race (solo game) against the AI, I try to keep it clean but I sometimes accidently lose control of the car and run into other AI player's cars. The acceleration on the Infernus (Lamborghini) is just too much for me. :ugh:

And plus, I really shouldn't try to change radio stations while racing. :lol:

Rosal76

Reaction score

Nicely done. Not too be picky but he could have used the Imponte Ruiner which looks a lot more like KITT than the Sedan that he used for his Knightrider reference. :idea:

I actually tried to replicate a scene from Die hard (1988) in the game. I landed on the skyscraper across from the Weasel plaze (Fox plaza in real life/Nakotomi building in the movie) and threw a bunch of sticky bombs on the building and blew them up. I was trying to replicate the scene where Hans Gruber blew up the roof with C4. :cool:

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
Yeah, this is what I thought (there was an in-game pop up about it). But I still can't figure why I seem to find myself in games with total douchebags - because I'm always a good sport and to date I haven't killed a single player in free roam or co-op missions (purely because I want to be able to play the game with non-douchebags).

Yeah, I was labelled a "bad sport" for killing dickhead players who were chasing me for the sole purpose of killing me. I got fed up dying constantly that whenever they were chasing me I just threw down a sticky bomb then blew each and every one of the twats up.

Turns out people aren't so good at avoiding booby traps. Also turns out the game punishes you for destroying "personal vehicles".

Guess what most people use to chase other people? Their personal vehicles.

Moral of the story, kill the player as much as you want. Just don't blow their shitty vehicle up doing it.

2 days of banishment and empty rooms for defending my shit to the best of my ability. GG Rockstar.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score