The HAARP Machine Megathread

Exchanger

Reaction score
I was about to make another attempt at third rate humor, but you guys need to realize that you can't argue somebody out of mental illness. It's pointless.
I dunno man, that's not nice to people who actually suffer from mental illnesses. It seems I'm neurotic myself (can't even deny it to be fair).
But more seriously, there are lots of people who have to live with mental illness and they don't deserve to be lumped with other people who just behave inappropriately.
I may also be overly naive and hope that people can change, but yeah some discussions can slip into a dead end real quick and stop being constructive (not blaming anyone there).

How I handle failure? hmm... before going further I ask you to review what your true intention is in asking this question.
There's no question, it's just an observation. You often come back with vague excuses tinted with blame, or turn things around in a way that makes you look good...again, what I said about internalizing vs externalizing, there can be too much of one but too much of the other and it comes across as dishonest. It's nice to be 'positive' about everything, but you can't just endlessly skew reality to fit your point of view.
If you know in your heart that it's all true and that it's just circumstances shining a bad light upon you, then all is fine...I'm just saying this is not what transpires.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Al Mu'min

Reaction score
So you don't give two shits about fans who gave you money to see jack shit result. It's about your freedom to deliver crap.

You go on stage without any singing skill and then you try to point the finger and say others have been crap yet set the bar so high?

Yeah. No self-awareness whatsoever.
train a pidgy ffs

Al Mu'min

Reaction score
I don't try to indulge in Schadenfreude, I don't think it's healthy. But goddamn sometimes life just delivers it, doesn't it?
spoken like a true djent pig :guns:

overall think im gonna just keep the faith tbh

Musiscience

Reaction score
I dunno man, that's not nice to people who actually suffer from mental illnesses. It seems I'm neurotic myself (can't even deny it to be fair).
But more seriously, there are lots of people who have to live with mental illness and they don't deserve to be lumped with other people who just behave inappropriately.
I may also be overly naive and hope that people can change, but yeah some discussions can slip into a dead end real quick and stop being constructive (not blaming anyone there).

I didn't mean it that way, sorry if I came across as being insensitive. I myself have been suffering from mental illness for many years (and being treated for it). Most of the times, your cognitive distortions are very well anchored and there is no amount of arguing that will rid you of them. The change needs to come from inside, therapy and realizations about yourself. I suspect there is a bit of that at play here, as no sane person can completely deny reality in favor of cognitive distortions and be completely sane.

It just feels like a pointless endeavor (from my personal experience and knowledge in the field) to try and confront him over and over. Also, narcissistic people tend not react well to confrontation, so it's not a productive approach. Ignoring and moving on just feels like the right thing to do. Just thought I would share to save a bit of time to everybody involved.

Aumann

Reaction score
It just feels like a pointless endeavor (from my personal experience and knowledge in the field) to try and confront him over and over. Also, narcissistic people tend not react well to confrontation, so it's not a productive approach. Ignoring and moving on just feels like the right thing to do. Just thought I would share to save a bit of time to everybody involved.

Meh, it's not like i expected him to change. Just wanted to understand his mind a bit more as i can just not figure out how it works. And i saw my expectations pretty much confirmed.

Anyway, i have to go train a pidgey.

Musiscience

Reaction score
Meh, it's not like i expected him to change. Just wanted to understand his mind a bit more as i can just not figure out how it works. And i saw my expectations pretty much confirmed.

Anyway, i have to go train a pidgey.

Good luck, may he one day be a Pigeotto!

Obsidian Soul

Reaction score
Is this supposed to be a reference to Misha's girlfriend?I'm confused by this "keep the faith" joke.

Al Mu'min

Reaction score
this isn't about music... or art... or virtue... the impulse behind these posts is 'down with Al' - elaborated in different angles which reveals something broader... this isn't just about musicians competing. this is about the game of life and struggling to compete in the real world with women and work also i.e. life and resorting to attacking those who are doing better to 'level the playing field' or better yet, flip the whole thing upside down and see how things fare like that.

You don't need to do that shit bruv. you can be better. #faith

Last edited:

MiPwnYew

Reaction score
this isn't about music... or art... or virtue... the impulse behind these posts is 'down with Al' - elaborated in different angles which reveals something broader... this isn't just about musicians competing. this is about the game of life and struggling to compete in the real world with women and work also i.e. life and resorting to attacking those who are doing better to 'level the playing field' or better yet, flip the whole thing upside down and see how things fare like that.

You don't need to do that shit bruv. you can be better. #faith

dec9ab7f8bd612934429b685d8842e74.jpeg

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
Shout outs to noise gates and whammy pedals.

Kinda sounds like the contortionist to me...