The Happening

• Thread starter DevinShidaker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
Ok, so I haven't seen this movie yet...and usually I would reserve judgement on a movie untill seeing it. But M. Night Shyamalan has completely failed at directing good movies on far too many occasions for me to trust him... so if anybody saw this, I would like to know your honest opinion. Because I want to see it because I think Mark Wahlberg is an awesome actor...but I can't get past the atrocities that were Signs and The village...not to mention his other crap.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

K7_Munky

Serial Thriller
Reaction score
Dude I agree with you he hasnt directed a good movie that i've seen but wahlberg is a good actor maybe it will be a good film.

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
yeah as of right now I'm going to assume that the true title of this film is "A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT FEATURING MARK WAHLBERG". I mean ugh...anytime I think about signs I get so pissed because people actually like that movie. It has so many fatal flaws that would totally ruin the movie if they were addressed. The Aliens can not tolerate water, it obliterates them, but they can around outside fine. Apparently there is no humidity on that farm whatsoever. And they can figure out how to travel through space to our planet, but they manage to get locked in A PANTRY and they can't get into the fucking basement. god damn I hate that movie so much.

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
yeah that's M. Night for you... the first half at least of his movies are usually pretty good, then they start getting dumb or stop making logical sense, and then he adds a horrible twist. I just really hope he stops making movies.

oh and to whoever, please don't spoil it for anybody that wants to lose two hours of their life!

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
yeah as of right now I'm going to assume that the true title of this film is "A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT FEATURING MARK WAHLBERG". I mean ugh...anytime I think about signs I get so pissed because people actually like that movie. It has so many fatal flaws that would totally ruin the movie if they were addressed. The Aliens can not tolerate water, it obliterates them, but they can around outside fine. Apparently there is no humidity on that farm whatsoever. And they can figure out how to travel through space to our planet, but they manage to get locked in A PANTRY and they can't get into the fucking basement. god damn I hate that movie so much.

:agreed:

I watched Signs because some people told me it was good, but... it wasn't. Even if I discount the ridiculousness and illogicality of the whole film, it still wouldn't be a good movie.

And The Village was pretty horrible too. The commercials for it looked promising, but when I actually saw it, it was horrible.

Unbreakable? Ugh. That movie was pretty bad too. I mean, seriously. It had a horrible idea to start out with and then horrible execution.

I actually liked The Sixth Sense, but it's the only film he's made that I liked.

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
Yeah I can't stand any of his stuff. The Happening looks like it's a film version of Stephen King's "Cell", which was awesome, and I'm not usually into his books. But I've been drawn into shitty movies of his by good trailers too many times. And the Sixth Sense was the most decent thing hes made...but it still doesn't make sense with the part about "ghosts only see what they want to see" so he didn't want to see the table in front of that door...but he DID want to see his wife with some other guy. makes sense to me.

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
ok so I just watched this piece of shit just to be sure it was bad. I'm not going to give anything away.....but seriously this is the worst movie I've seen in a long time.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
1. I loved 'Signs'
2. I loved 'The Sixth Sense.' Alot.

3. This movie...? Eh. It was OK, I guess. Not as good as I hoped, but not bad, either. I've definitely seen far, far worse. Universal Soldier 2, anyone?

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Absolutely horrible. Christine and I walked out saying, "That was the ending?"

:noway:

thadood

'Das brootal.
Reaction score
Worst. Movie. Ever.

There was no twist, it was the plot. The worst acting, the worst lines written ("Cheese and Crackers!" .. SERIOUSLY?), and no character development to make you care.

Jongpil Yun

Contributor
Reaction score
Just caught the 10:30 showing of this (me and two of my friends were in a practically empty theater) and man, what a shit movie. We were cracking jokes the whole time, but 9/10th of the science was just downright cringe worthy. There's willfull suspension of disbelief, and then there's this shit.

And Mark Wahlberg? Sucked. And he killed off two of the only good characters within seconds of eachother.

Devin was right in that it was essentially a slightly different take on Cell. I was half expecting the survivors to gain psychic powers a la Alive, but, sadly, I was disappointed.

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I liked "Signs" up until the end. When it just got stupid with the "Swing Away Merril" thing...So these aliens that were plaguing them and scaring the shit out of them for so long were not only able to be beaten up by one guy with a baseball bat; but also had a weakness to a substance that covers 70% of the planet they were invading and would have clearly been able to see that whilst on their merry way to our planet. This also killed the "Priest loses his faith" part of the storyline...it doesn't get concluded...it gets set in stone when no miracle happens, his brother just basically beats up the intruders :noway:

I liked "The Sixth Sense" now that had an absolutely brilliant twist...or at least I think so.

After that it seemed M. Night was trying too hard to come up with twists as a way of surprising the audience, and obviously it hasn't always come across as entertaining...or for the most part, logical :lol:

I'm still open to his new film, but seeing interviews conducted with him he seemed way too excited about what people are going to make of the twist as if it was the most important aspect of the movie.

Jongpil Yun

Contributor
Reaction score
Not to mention these fucking aliens who can travel interstellar, if not intergalactic distances, are running around in the middle of the night like a bunch of pussy bandits.

Anyways, the "miracle" was supposed to be that Gibson's kid had a bad asthma attack preventing him from breathing in some alien toxin shit.

Latest posts