The Ibanez J. Custom, LACS and Prestige thread

• Thread starter ZeroSignal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
That 7 on the right is fantastic, as is the red on the left! Gorgeous set man! :)

I'm snapping pics of mine tomorrow so I can just be done with it haha, I love Photoshoots but getting around to them is a pain. And I've been using a relatively cheap Sony NEX-5 for all my guitar pictures, little thing is a beast in well lit areas haha.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
That 7 on the right is fantastic, as is the red on the left! Gorgeous set man! :)

I'm snapping pics of mine tomorrow so I can just be done with it haha, I love Photoshoots but getting around to them is a pain. And I've been using a relatively cheap Sony NEX-5 for all my guitar pictures, little thing is a beast in well lit areas haha.

Thanks! I definitely already feel spoiled with these two, buuuut more guitars never hurts, right? :D

Can't wait to see the pics of yours! I should probably borrow a camera and do a shoot of my own too so I can actually do this pair some justice haha.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Apparently the sale JUST ended on the 20th that they were having on these J Customs Chain-wide. Man I feel lucky right now :rofl: prices were incredible though, 2nd J Custom I've had so far! :D

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Apparently the sale JUST ended on the 20th that they were having on these J Customs Chain-wide. Man I feel lucky right now :rofl: prices were incredible though, 2nd J Custom I've had so far! :D

Congrats. :yesway: Not sure if you guys are avoiding posting how much they went for during the sale in the hopes of flipping them on here, but it would be great if you wouldn't mind sharing what the sale prices were as a couple other folks on here were also curious. It might still be possible to get the pricing if you know folks at GC who will give you the hook up, that's why I'm asking. :wavey:

Orzech

Reaction score
My j.custom JCRG7-1 :)
jcustom1.jpg

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Since there seems to be several of you gents with JCRG6's, what's your take on the "Super Wizard" carve? It is like RG550-skinny or does it have a bit more meat to it? I've seen that Ibanez has had different carves on the RG 6'ers over the years ranging from Wizard-like to asymmetrical, so I'm trying to figure out what the ones produced in the last few years with the Super Wizard carve actually feel like. Are they uber skinny or a little thicker than standard fare for Ibby stuff? :scratch:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Forgot to attach my another j custom ...

jcustom2.jpg

HighGain510: I'm not sure what my guitar's neck profile is so... :(

What year is that one? Could likely figure it out from the year and model name but I don't recognize all the J. Custom models as I haven't followed them all closely. :( Do you find the neck on that one to be on the skinny/thin side?

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
I'm no expert on Ibanez so take this with a grain of salt, but ones I had played in the past were too skinny and thus I was never a big fan of their guitars. Not that I have particularly large hands or any issues that made them hard/painful to play, they were just kind of uncomfortable.

I'd still say the neck on my 8570Z (2013 model) is skinny in comparison to my other guitars, strat types mostly, but this one is the most comfortable for me. Again, not an expert, and I've never had the chance to A/B them, but working off of memory it reminds me of some of the more recent Jems I've played.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Congrats. :yesway: Not sure if you guys are avoiding posting how much they went for during the sale in the hopes of flipping them on here, but it would be great if you wouldn't mind sharing what the sale prices were as a couple other folks on here were also curious. It might still be possible to get the pricing if you know folks at GC who will give you the hook up, that's why I'm asking. :wavey:

:rolleyes: You could have honestly PM'd me and I would have told you instead of including me into some kind of flipping accusation. I've only successfully sold one guitar this entire year here for well under my actual asking price, and traded away the others. And just because I got mine at a great price doesn't mean I should value it as such when it's clearly worth far more.

I personally don't share information like that publicly anymore, I used to flaunt stuff like that but have no reason nor desire to now. If you want to find out, contact Guitar Center and ask, it's not like my answer will be any different :rofl:

And the neck profile is thin, thinner than any other guitar I currently own. Not my favorite neck profile since I too, prefer a little more to play with, but it's definitely nice to have at least one of these around. Knowing how you don't mesh with thin necks, you probably won't enjoy these too much, thinner than that JP12 Bali I remember talking to you about.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I thought they were on sale for something like $2,500. That what I remember seeing. Not sure if they went on an even deeper discount.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
:rolleyes: You could have honestly PM'd me and I would have told you instead of including me into some kind of flipping accusation. I've only successfully sold one guitar this entire year here for well under my actual asking price, and traded away the others. And just because I got mine at a great price doesn't mean I should value it as such when it's clearly worth far more.

I personally don't share information like that publicly anymore, I used to flaunt stuff like that but have no reason nor desire to now. If you want to find out, contact Guitar Center and ask, it's not like my answer will be any different :rofl:

And the neck profile is thin, thinner than any other guitar I currently own. Not my favorite neck profile since I too, prefer a little more to play with, but it's definitely nice to have at least one of these around. Knowing how you don't mesh with thin necks, you probably won't enjoy these too much, thinner than that JP12 Bali I remember talking to you about.

I didn't "accuse" anyone of anything, so no need to get snippy. I wanted to know how much they were going for on sale so if I found one I liked that was still in stock at GC, I might be able to request they honor the recent sale price, nothing more to it than that. You'll note my original question didn't mention anything about anyone trying to resell/trade them for more than they paid as that's not what I was getting at. The fact that your immediate reaction is to get defensive about flipping/trading for profit is saying more about your intentions than you think though, blowing up like that certainly won't make anyone remember that you got yours on blowout sale or anything... would have been easier to just give a ballpark number or a window and leave it at that! :lol:

Thanks for the info on the neck, I'll likely pass on these after all as I know I can't deal with uber skinny necks so no point in buying one and having to immediately return it! :yesway:

I thought they were on sale for something like $2,500. That what I remember seeing. Not sure if they went on an even deeper discount.

Thanks for the helpful information on the pricing! :yesway: If they discounted beyond that, that's pretty sweet, would be nice to have concrete pricing as that always helps when dealing with GC, but that is good to know at the very least, I appreciate the help! :D

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I didn't "accuse" anyone of anything, so no need to get snippy. I wanted to know how much they were going for on sale so if I found one I liked that was still in stock at GC, I might be able to request they honor the recent sale price, nothing more to it than that. You'll note my original question didn't mention anything about anyone trying to resell/trade them for more than they paid as that's not what I was getting at. The fact that your immediate reaction is to get defensive about flipping/trading for profit is saying more about your intentions than you think though, blowing up like that certainly won't make anyone remember that you got yours on blowout sale or anything... would have been easier to just give a ballpark number or a window and leave it at that! :lol:

Thanks for the info on the neck, I'll likely pass on these after all as I know I can't deal with uber skinny necks so no point in buying one and having to immediately return it! :yesway:

No problem, yeah the necks are super thin and shreddy.

And like I said you can message me and I don't mind sharing information privately. I had a friend who works at Guitar Center OFFER to get me a slightly better price than even the already suggested clearance price, hence why I can't divulge that information publicly. Who knows who's reading this, and if I post a price it might trace back to him and get the guy in trouble.

Not sure if you guys are avoiding posting how much they went for during the sale in the hopes of flipping them on here.

That's a pretty snide remark to make at two people instead of, like I said just messaging either of us. And knowing how people feel about flippers on here, I felt the need to say what I did so I don't have any association with that term nor what it entails. So yes, I did get a little defensive over you saying that, but I had proper reason to.

I feel like me saying nothing and ignoring that comment would have had more of the effect you're implying to reveal negative intentions behind my purchase. Either way, hardly what I or anyone would classify as "blowing up", if you'd like to continue talking about it feel free to message me. This isn't the place for this conversation.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
No problem, yeah the necks are super thin and shreddy.

And like I said you can message me and I don't mind sharing information privately. I had a friend who works at Guitar Center OFFER to get me a slightly better price than even the already suggested clearance price, hence why I can't divulge that information publicly. Who knows who's reading this, and if I post a price it might trace back to him and get the guy in trouble.

Only issue with what you posted is that you were free to post the GC SALE PRICE, which is all I was asking for and was previously public information if you knew about the sale. That has nothing to do with the extended sale price your friend at Guitar Center offered you and wouldn't have gotten anyone in trouble. See, had you just provided the information I asked for in the first place (I didn't ask you to give me a copy of your receipt and show me what YOU actually paid for it beyond the sale price GC was offering anyone buying one of these) the entire conversation never would have even taken place. :rolleyes: You don't see the irony there? :lol:

Enough said on that topic, back to your regularly scheduled J. Custom discussion/picfest... :D

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
^ PM'd because not the time and place for this :lol:

And I'll be a bit of a tease :cool:

14728022675_6e3cc1c523_h.jpg

14541362010_bee86fd989_h.jpg

Interesting, looks way more like a Quilt than a Flame but I'm not complaining! :D

Orzech

Reaction score
What year is that one? Could likely figure it out from the year and model name but I don't recognize all the J. Custom models as I haven't followed them all closely. :( Do you find the neck on that one to be on the skinny/thin side?

It's this one, I believe :) It's not THAT skinny, I find it better than many new Ibbys, but, the hell I know ;)

Timelesseer

Reaction score
That purple looks intense Jonathan! My first J Custom arrived earlier this week and I'm thoroughly impressed by it. I had high expectations for it and it blew all of them away. By far the smoothest and fastest neck I've ever played. I like it more than the JP12-7s I've owned. If it wasn't for the piezos on the JP, I'd probably try to move it for another J Custom. Going to do a full NGD post for it here in a few days when I get around to taking some good pics and a video review of it.

Orzech

Reaction score
I have similar setup, 2 j.customs + MM JPXI-7 BFR, I should do a comparison one day... But don't you think the JP sounds more... massive, I don't know. Definitely different :)

Anyway - purple j.custom looks stunning

Timelesseer

Reaction score
I have similar setup, 2 j.customs + MM JPXI-7 BFR, I should do a comparison one day... But don't you think the JP sounds more... massive, I don't know. Definitely different :)

Anyway - purple j.custom looks stunning

I think they both sound massive lol. I like the PAFs in the JC a lotttt more than I was expecting to. Still planning on switching them out for a set of white Juggernauts though. My JP came with a BKP Rebel Yell in it when I got it, and it's okay..not really suiting my needs with my band though so I'll probably switch it out as well. At this point though, I'm just being overly picky with them. They both sound fantastic as is.