The Laney Ironheart Owners Thread

Sgt_teppo

Reaction score
Hello, I have laney irt60h and harley benton G212vintage cab. How i had to use cabels between irt and G212 for stereo sound?
I have used 1 cable from irt:s 1x8ohm output to G212 what is switced for mono sound.
When i use "stereo" mode from G212 have i use 2 cables from irt 2x16ohm outputs to cab?

thanks..

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

theBob

Reaction score
Newbie here..hope you guys could help me out on this..i plan to buy a irt15h for home and jamming usage...can this little 15watter be use on small gigs with approx below details:

cabinet : 412 cab
genre : metal
room size : 80 feet x 30 feet x 14 feet height

meantime got no budget to get the 60w. please enlight me.

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
^ if you can get the Studio instead go for that. it's superior to the IRT15H in every way. for small gigs with a 4x12 it should probably do fine right guys? if it's mic'ed up ?

Petar Bogdanov

Reaction score
^ if you can get the Studio instead go for that. it's superior to the IRT15H in every way. for small gigs with a 4x12 it should probably do fine right guys? if it's mic'ed up ?

The regular 15-watter isn't missing much, IMO. The Lead channel, with the EQ knobs pushed in, is the only truly excellent sound the Studio makes. It's "pretty good" at the other stuff, but so is rolling your volume knob down... On the other hand, the pedal-friendly clean channel and extra recording options on the Studio totally make sense, if you can spare the extra bucks.

theBob

Reaction score

the price of studio and 15h over here is way lot of difference despite its in the same wattage. mic'ed up is another option to go for sure. thanks

theBob

Reaction score
The regular 15-watter isn't missing much, IMO. The Lead channel, with the EQ knobs pushed in, is the only truly excellent sound the Studio makes. It's "pretty good" at the other stuff, but so is rolling your volume knob down... On the other hand, the pedal-friendly clean channel and extra recording options on the Studio totally make sense, if you can spare the extra bucks.

thats true. i'm so worried of the hard hitters drummer of mine. will it cut through good enough.:bowdown:

AussieTerry

Reaction score
How does the boosted gain of the studio sound compared to ab Orange Dark Terror 15w? Im thinking of selling my Dark Terror for the clean channel

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
Based on my impression from owning the Micro Terror and having tried the JR signature, the Oranges have a fuller gain sound, with more colorful mids and a slightly darker tone overall, compared to my Laney IRT Studio. The Studio's mid and high gain sounds i feel are slitghly dry and uninspiring in comparison. The onboard boost helps thicken it and tighten it but only by a bit. I have also tried it with an SD 805 which pushed it well, bringing the mids forward again, but it also cut off way too much of the low end in my opinion.

marcels87

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm a proud owner of the Laney Studio IRT. There's only one thing bothering me. I want to switch channels with my Joyo Looper. I soldered a Y-Cable(Mono) onto a Rean DIN Connector. I used the Pins for Clean/Rhythm and Lead. Now I have a Problem. As long as the Lead Channel is not activated (manually on front of the amp), I can switch from Clean to Rhythm and back. As soon as the Lead Channel is activated via Frontswitch I can't change anything.
The Triggers of my Looper have several working options, I can choose from Latch and Momentary Mode and I can change the Polarity. Do you guys have an Idea what the cause of the problem might be?

Or do some of you a Looper for switching channels too?

Thank you,

Marcel

GÜMERSINDO

Reaction score
Hello, I´m considering to get an IRT Studio either for home recording and practicising. For recording I´m able to use IR´s from WoS III, but for practice, how does sound the emulated cab output?

Thanks.

Petar Bogdanov

Reaction score
Muddy and fizzy. Like every other analog cab emulation.

On the other hand, you can run an AMT Pangea or Logidy out of the DI, with no speaker connected. And that sounds flippin nice.

GÜMERSINDO

Reaction score
Muddy and fizzy. Like every other analog cab emulation.

On the other hand, you can run an AMT Pangea or Logidy out of the DI, with no speaker connected. And that sounds flippin nice.

Thanks a lot. Maybe I should invest in some two notes device first and eventually get the IRT.

skmanga

Reaction score
Hey guys!
I've been finding my Ironheart 30 combo makes a high pitched squeal sound when using my delays in the effects loop.

I've read on this forum that the ironhearts are known to have a FX loop noise issue.
Is the noise im finding in my amp consistent with the issues others have had with their Ironhearts. I also read that it is an issue that people have had serviced by Laney.

Any info would be appreciated, I am still under warranty and am thinking of having my amp serviced.

Thanks!

Petef2007

Reaction score
Ok guys, still loving my Ironhearts (although moved from a 60W head to the awesomeness of the studio now).

I'm curious about trying this thing with impulse responses, and no actual physical cab.

Am I right in thinking that in order to actually play this in real time with this setup i need:

- IRT Studio connected to interface
- Studio monitor pair connected to interface
- Interface connected to PC
- Impulse loader in DAW

Or is it much more simple than that?

Also, has anyone used any multi FX in 4CM with impulse responses? Considering a Fractal FX8 for the studio is all.

EmaDaCuz

Brutal yet soulful
Reaction score
IRT Studio --> USB --> PC

This should work just fine. I don't remember if the IRT accept the process signal back. If it doesn't, then select the IRT as input and your other interface as output in your DAW.

Petef2007

Reaction score
So if I ran the Ironheart as the input, i'd get Ironheart tone, and then connect the monitors to another interface, set IRT as input and interface as output, and use an IR loader on the output bus? That would let me hear the ironheart and the IR through the monitors without needing a speaker cab?

skmanga

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Ironheart 30 watt 1x12 combo owner here.

Looking for some suggestions for a replacement 12 inch speaker for my combo.
I replaced the stock HH speaker early on for a 16 ohm Eminence Cannabis Rex.

The speaker is giving me issues so I am looking to swap it out for something around 80 watts/8 ohm preferably, to match the specs of the stock 8 ohm/80 watt HH speaker.

I am into a modern metal sound and I am looking for a speaker that can suit that style. I primarily play 7 strings tuned standard, also a step or 2 down.
I would prefer something that wont produce shrilly ice picky highs, with a smooth mid range that isn't too honky and a nice tight low end to keep things defined with overdrive, low tunings, and/or 7 string guitars.

Thanks guys.

EmaDaCuz

Brutal yet soulful
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Ironheart 30 watt 1x12 combo owner here.

Looking for some suggestions for a replacement 12 inch speaker for my combo.
I replaced the stock HH speaker early on for a 16 ohm Eminence Cannabis Rex.

The speaker is giving me issues so I am looking to swap it out for something around 80 watts/8 ohm preferably, to match the specs of the stock 8 ohm/80 watt HH speaker.

I am into a modern metal sound and I am looking for a speaker that can suit that style. I primarily play 7 strings tuned standard, also a step or 2 down.
I would prefer something that wont produce shrilly ice picky highs, with a smooth mid range that isn't too honky and a nice tight low end to keep things defined with overdrive, low tunings, and/or 7 string guitars.

Thanks guys.

Eminence Swamp Thang for a bit of more aggressive sound, Governor for something more balanced that rolls off at 4-4.5 kHz