The latest New Gear Day EVER! (Vetta II + Mesa content).

petervindel

Reaction score
So, I just got around to taking some pics of the new amp + cab i bought last fall. I have it stashed at our drummers studio as we've been recording on and off for 6 months, and I never got around to taking pics when we were there.

I got the Vetta II HD Head dirt cheap on Andertons in the UK, and the Mesa is a 4x12 Rectifier I bought used here in Norway. They sound AWESOME together! :hbang:

You can listen to the recording here: https://soundcloud.com/in_zekt/overman

Attachments

• Gear 1.jpg
    Gear 1.jpg
    639.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Gear 2.jpg
    Gear 2.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Gear 3.jpg
    Gear 3.jpg
    591.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Gear 4.jpg
    Gear 4.jpg
    657.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Gear 5.jpg
    Gear 5.jpg
    525.7 KB · Views: 47

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Nice! Really like the Vetta's and HD147's. Wonder if Line 6 will bring back their high-end modelling into an amp again or if they'll keep their high-end digital modelling for pedals and rack systems.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Nice NAD!!!

^^ what would be cool is if they made an all in one FRFR combo amp. Pod HD, 200 watt power amp, and FRFR monitor.

petervindel

Reaction score
Yeah, I've always loved Line 6. Would be awesome if they'd make another hi-end amp :)

KAMI

Mom's Spaghetti
Reaction score
Well, they've got the DT-25 and DT-50 that you could connect a POD hd to via L6 link. This essentially uses the DT-25 or DT-50 as a tube poweramp. You can also control the 4 channels in the DT-25 or DT-50 with the POD hd (which treats each channel as if it were an amp model).

But I guess that's not entirely the same thing.

SSK0909

Reaction score
I doubt we will ever see a high end amp from Line 6 again.
Back when the Vetta and Vetta II released Line 6 where synonymous with modeling and virtually unrivaled in the field.

Then came the Eleven rack, Axe fx 1+2 and the Kempers who caters more to the high end market.
Line 6 definately had the ressources to match the technology og these devices. But the release of the Pod HD models gave indication to the fact that Line 6 decided to aim for the low-mid priced market insted with great bang for the buck. Business wise I think it was the right descision since it would take a lot of RnD and money to meet the standards of the high end market.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Nice NAD!!!

^^ what would be cool is if they made an all in one FRFR combo amp. Pod HD, 200 watt power amp, and FRFR monitor.

Wasn't that essentially what the Vetta combo amp and the AX 212 before it were? When I read the description of the speakers in my AX 212 it said they were celestian designed FR speakers I thought....:scratch: