The Les Paul thread

• Thread starter budda
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
Is this a Gibson? Looks really cool but quite unusual, especially the inlay in the 12th fret.
No it's an Epiphone. It's called an Epiphone Nightfall...basically a LP studio but with an FR and an ebony fretboard. They come stock with EMG HZ which sound like high pitched fart so they went and were replaced with EMG 81/85. I had a het set in but they sounded too good for this guitar (not worthy) so I put them in something else and this got the something elses 81/85 as hand me downs. As guitars they are on the low side ok....you could get them for about $250 USD used before pandemic inflation raised the price up to about $700-$1000 used which is stupid overpriced.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
I sold my LP recently but I had it for 15 years so i'll post pics:

FMUshdDWQAEet8_
FMUsnaNWYAM7udp
FMUtRaHWYAEYUey
FMUtnzNXIAYfdtI
FMUtn0PXwAU0oLX

owlexifry

Reaction score
Damn that looks nice for a kit guitar

What kit?
thanks! many coats of danish oil went into this one.

bought from this website in April last year.

loganflynn294

I don't feel good
Reaction score
Oooooh I like this thread! I've whittled down my main Les Pauls to just three. Had a few other good ones over the years but these are the three I'll never part with:

First is a 2000 Custom. The white has turned a nice yellowish cream color, it's also got tons of rear wear and mojo. I'm assuming it had a headstock break at some point since the back of the neck and headstock have been re-sprayed. It has a Motor City Pickups Afwayu in the bridge and is easily the most resonant guitar I have; you can feel the notes vibrating in the neck while playing, only other guitars I've had that resonated like that were some high end PRS'.

RIMG_E1391.JPG
RIMG_1392.JPG

Next is my Les Paul Halcyon Bill Kelliher model. It's basically just a Standard with a 60's Slip Taper neck profile and a killer goldburst finish. I swapped out the cream plastics for black and replaced the pickups. There's a Motor City Pickups Hell Baby in the bridge and whatever random uncovered pickup I had lying around for the neck :lol:

RIMG_E1393.JPG
RIMG_E1398.JPG

The one that gets the most play time right now is a 2020 Standard 50's goldtop. The neck size and profile is the closest thing to a Historic I've played, it's thick and meaty but fits in my huge hands perfectly. I'm not big on the stock pickups so I replaced the bridge with a Motor City Pickups alnico Nuke and installed the stock pickups cover on it. I hate shiny nickel hardware so I gave everything more of a brushed nickel finish. Also replaced the gross pinkish cream pickup rings with Historic rings. Those actually looked worse at first since they were so shiny and bright white. After some work aging them they look much better. Just waiting for a new poker chip for the toggle switch and It'll look almost identical to an R7 from a distance :lol:

RIMG_E1395.JPGRIMG_1397.JPG