The "NAMM 2021" Thread

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dunno if there's even gonna be one but I figure this would be the hub for all new product lines for 2021.

I saw this and figured some of you may be into it. Multi scale, Kahler loaded 8 string Dean? Interesting.

dg-countdown-1.jpg

ESP already has stuff being revealed.

Any news on stuff?

Reaction score
I'm kinda hoping they do lots of their models with Kahler bridges. I've been wanting to try one as I feel like it'd be a better Floyd. It was weird that they weren't offered on most production lines. I'm hoping to get lucky and they'll do a Modifier with a Kahler.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
WHY ARE THERE NO FUCKING LINKS?

Post up what you’ve found :lol:

They (NAMM) are doing some online interactive stuff, and as mentioned, a bunch of companies have already started releasing things. PRS has an event online on Jan 15th, I believe. New SE’s, new colors, etc.

mitou

Reaction score
I don't know if this one's EU only but it's the new RG5320C. Chrome hw, TZ/AN, new color. Not really crazy about the finish, but it's growing on me. And it looks like there will be a 7-string AZ as well.

ibanez-rg5320c-prestige-deep-forest-green-1184840.jpg

Mathemagician

Reaction score
If Dean does a proper round wing Flying V body (like the Karl sanders, etc etc) with a NON-fork headstock I’d be interested in that.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
I don't know if this one's EU only but it's the new RG5320C. Chrome hw, TZ/AN, new color. Not really crazy about the finish, but it's growing on me. And it looks like there will be a 7-string AZ as well.

ibanez-rg5320c-prestige-deep-forest-green-1184840.jpg

I can confirm the AZ seven string. Only Prestige though, I believe.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
That 8 string Dean looks interesting. I didn't expect that. Not a fan, but it's interesting to see.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Usually there’s an Ibanez thread! Something is off with the year, it seems.

Anyway, hoping to see more development in Ibanez RGDs and multiscales.
Xyphos 7 strings, multiscale 27"-25" with no triangle at nut, 27 frets, offset dots, chamaleon finish, Bare Knuckle Pickups (never going to happen)

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
Usually there’s an Ibanez thread! Something is off with the year, it seems.

Anyway, hoping to see more development in Ibanez RGDs and multiscales.

I really dig my MS RGD (apart from the finish anyhow) and would specifically love to see an RGD 8 - even though I have no business whatsoever buying anything right now. :p

DEUCE SLUICE

Reaction score
Their current lineup is so close to having what I want in my 7-string, I'm excited / worried they'll hit on it and I'll be powerless to resist.

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
I would absolutely love to see an Ibanez AZ 7 string lefty. That’d close my gas for awhile.

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
If there's no headless Ibanez guitars this "NAMM" I'll chug a bottle of ketchup on livestream. You can quote me on it.

Two things:
1. Would a headless bass guitar count? ‘Cause we’ve already got several (not enough, but several nonetheless).
2. I’ve been watching Ola Englund’s YouTube channel for the last two hours and immediately envisioned someone playing “chunky heavy rhythm”... on a ketchup bottle (wrong kind of “chug” but hey, they’ll make guitars out of anything these days). :lol: