The Official After the Burial Thread: All things ATB!

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
If this is in the wrong thread, could a mod please move it? :bowdown:

Anyway... new fucking After the Burial, gangstas. Bought it off iTunes at midnight. It's incredible. Rareform was awesome because every song had a completely different and unique vibe going on. There's a little more of the same vibe from song to song going on in this album, but it's because they seem to be really gelling into their sound.

Also, the Axe-Fx sounds downright nasty. (EDIT: In a good way.) I like most of the tones on the album. Not helping my GAS at all.

Long story short, if you have 7 bucks to your name, buy this shit off iTunes. It's worth it. I promise.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
I agree with you completely. If youre a hardcore Rareform you may not like this album right off the bat. Especially since its very melodic. They really expanded their sound on this album which is awesome :yesway:

Im so disappointed in the tone. It sounds way more digital than it should be. The Axe-Fx can sound MUCH better then that trust me. Go check out I, The Breather. Their tone on their new songs are all Axe-Fx.

I the Breather on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree with you completely. If youre a hardcore Rareform you may not like this album right off the bat. Especially since its very melodic. They really expanded their sound on this album which is awesome :yesway:

Im so disappointed in the tone. It sounds way more digital than it should be. The Axe-Fx can sound MUCH better then that trust me. Go check out I, The Breather. Their tone on their new songs are all Axe-Fx.

I the Breather on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

I think I can say that's my favourite high gain Axe-Fx tone to date. It sounds so thick. Thanks for showing me these guys :yesway:

KoenDercksen

Quantum Realm
Reaction score
Still haven't got mine goddamnit. Isn't the whole purpose of pre-ordering that you get the album on the f*cking day of release...................?

Stupid f*cking dutch webshops. F*ck.

vhmetalx

\m/
Reaction score
The main riff thats stuck in my head right now from this album is the first riff off of your troubles.

Fzau

Unleash the proggies
Reaction score
I actually like In Dreams. It shows they can take different directions as well than just the awesome techy-side.
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the previous ATB albums.

But it's a bit like Justin told me when they played here, they tried something different on the new album. If you don't like it and want the heavy techyness, that's what Rareform and Forgiving A Future Self are for. There's something for everyone. :D

heineken_fretwalker

Team Ibanez
Reaction score
Upon listening to this album three times, i've determined I can never take the word of this forum for anything, ever again. The majority of you people are so far off base it's unbelievable. This album fucking rules, and i'm digging the added elements to their sound. The vocals are the best they've had on any release by faaaaaar.

splinter8451

Reaction score
Upon listening to this album three times, i've determined I can never take the word of this forum for anything, ever again. The majority of you people are so far off base it's unbelievable. This album fucking rules, and i'm digging the added elements to their sound. The vocals are the best they've had on any release by faaaaaar.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion dude :D

In my opinion the guitars, for the majority of the songs, are pretty boring compared to their other 2 CD's. The highlight for the guitar parts is My Frailty and Promises Kept for me. Seeing the pre-production videos and seeing them play My Frailty live twice this year I was really excited for more songs like that. And I didn't really get more songs like that so I'm kinda disappointed :lol:

The vocals are the best they've had though, I agree.

Lon

drop it like its G#!
Reaction score
edit: solid album, but disappoint compared to the absolute greatness rareform was

QuambaFu

Reaction score
cool thanks :) It's an awesome riff! I havent heard low harmonics used in a style like that, so it threw me off a bit, haha.

This got me too last night when I listened to the samples on amazon. I don't think i've ever heard harmonics done like that on an 8 string in the context of a song. It sounds really cool. That is why they are ATB and I'm just QuambaFu.

It's a short but solid album. I like!

RaceCar

Que te jodas.
Reaction score
I think this CD is anything but a disappointment. Obviously they're not going to release another Rareform; they already covered that. Yes, Rareform is awesome. But they are now finally starting to solidify their sound and experimenting with Anthony's new vocals.

1. The production is the best they've ever had. It sounds very full and rich and awesome.

2. I don't understand what some of these people are saying when they say "They lost their heaviness" or "There are less breakdowns"...There are PLENTY of heavy as shit riffs and breakdowns that make me say "Oh fuck yeah."

3. The guitar leads sound extremely clean and are very melodic and blow my mind just as they always have (especially the Rusty Cooley on in Encased in Ice - HOLY BALLS)

4. Although I personally dislike the vocals in general (they remind me of Hatebreed and a lot of his screams sound generic), at times he meshes with the band very well. I think he adds a unique flavor to their music. The only problem for me is that I really dislike chantings, at the times the vocals are entirely too loud, at times Anthony needs to learn when to just shut up and NOT sing and let ATB do their thing. But, sometimes he sounds just like the old guy on Rareform, and that makes me happy. :yesway:

5. The drum production is fantastic. I think it's the best they've ever sounded.

6. Encased in Ice is my favorite song. Yep, it's nu-metal, and I LOVE nu-metal with harmonics and all, especially when its in drop F.

7. The singing experimenting is fine with me. It's fresh and new and adds another dimension to their sound.

8. The melodies are fantastic on this album.

9. Sure, the breakdowns and chugging riffs are SLIGHTLY more mainstream and may not be as complicated and insanely mathmatical as they were on Rareform, but that's okay, again thats what Rareform was for, and, they still groove like crazy. And they're still mathmatical INDEED.

10. I feel now they have a better chance at getting their name out there and getting some of the recognition they deserve. They JUST got a wikipedia page finally for the first time. Overall, I personally am very satisfied with the album and am excited to let it grow on me.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
I think this CD is anything but a disappointment. Obviously they're not going to release another Rareform; they already covered that. Yes, Rareform is awesome. But they are now finally starting to solidify their sound and experimenting with Anthony's new vocals.

1. The production is the best they've ever had. It sounds very full and rich and awesome.

2. I don't understand what some of these people are saying when they say "They lost their heaviness" or "There are less breakdowns"...There are PLENTY of heavy as shit riffs and breakdowns that make me say "Oh fuck yeah."

3. The guitar leads sound extremely clean and are very melodic and blow my mind just as they always have (especially the Rusty Cooley on in Encased in Ice - HOLY BALLS)

4. Although I personally dislike the vocals in general (they remind me of Hatebreed and a lot of his screams sound generic), at times he meshes with the band very well. I think he adds a unique flavor to their music. The only problem for me is that I really dislike chantings, at the times the vocals are entirely too loud, at times Anthony needs to learn when to just shut up and NOT sing and let ATB do their thing. But, sometimes he sounds just like the old guy on Rareform, and that makes me happy. :yesway:

5. The drum production is fantastic. I think it's the best they've ever sounded.

6. Encased in Ice is my favorite song. Yep, it's nu-metal, and I LOVE nu-metal with harmonics and all, especially when its in drop F.

7. The singing experimenting is fine with me. It's fresh and new and adds another dimension to their sound.

8. The melodies are fantastic on this album.

9. Sure, the breakdowns and chugging riffs are SLIGHTLY more mainstream and may not be as complicated and insanely mathmatical as they were on Rareform, but that's okay, again thats what Rareform was for, and, they still groove like crazy. And they're still mathmatical INDEED.

10. I feel now they have a better chance at getting their name out there and getting some of the recognition they deserve. They JUST got a wikipedia page finally for the first time. Overall, I personally am very satisfied with the album and am excited to let it grow on me.

1. Are you listening on good earphones and to the actual CD? Just curious, maybe it's just me?

2. I for one don't claim they have less breakdowns, but the ones they have aren't as interesting as the old ones in general, and my heaviness critique comes from the songs being slow and the guitar tone sounding empty (imo).

3. I find the leads to be very sparse, but the ones that exist, while minimal and not really technical, are indeed nice.

4. The vocals aren't too bad imo. They sound more forced and compressed than ever, but I cand eal with that.

5. I just dislike the toontrack sound in general.

6. Matter of taste.

7. I like it too.

8. When they actually exist, and aren't repeated slooowly 100 times.

9. They're kind of numbing when they're slow and all over.

10. They DID have a wiki page, it got deleted by deathcore haters.

All in all, it's mostly just opinions. I'm glad that at least some people like it, more recognition for ATB can't be a bad thing. It's not a good album by my tastes, but then again I don't run the world so who am I to say :D

Latest posts