The Official Agile ERG Thread

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the main reason I added the part about them working well depending on what you're going for. Gorgeous tones there. I'm kind of on the fence about Q-Tuners. I'm not sure whether or not they'd suit me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i think they´re the ultimate neck pickup, and depending on what you´re after, the ultimate pickup all-over. you can tune their frequency response and stuff by adjusting the pole pieces, and that way seriously change the voicing. and since there are so many pole pieces, you can make the voicing change gradually as you get up to the higher strings.

here´s a decent clip of it in the bridge position:

i don´t think this guy has "tuned" them though, he mentioned in the comments that he switched back to the EMG´s because they had more mids. i told him he should´ve dialed in more mids with the pole pieces though, waiting to see if he responds :p

i´d love to try Q-tuners in both positions on a guitar though, i must say. since they are so unforgivingly accurate and clean though, i´d use them for something other than metal.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Eh, I've heard them sound better than that in the bridge position. I like that he played a Devin Townsend riff, though. :metal: Where's that Q-Tuner thread, anyway?

Santuzzo

Reaction score
i'm freakin excited ;)

intrepid pro 828 blood burst maple
28.62 scale
maple neck
mahogony body

Awesome !

Glückwunsch!:yesway:

I still haven't ordered .... (worried about not having the warranty or return/refund option for Europe, but I still have one week to pay a deposit and order)

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
All right, an idea just hit me a little while ago. I'm not sure if it's a great idea or a horrible one. I already have some BKPs on the way over for my Intrepid, but the thought occurred of routing out a middle pickup cavity for a Q-Tuner. Good idea? Bad idea? Would the magnetic pull on the strings be too much?

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I thought I just heard they weren't much more than a normal ceramic, but there will be three pickups in the guitar if I do that.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
they aren´t unusually strong, no. neodymium is moch stronger than ceramics, but they have much smaller magnets to make up for it.

i´d go for it! i´ve thought about it myself, but i´d rather have one in the neck position myself.

as long as you´re able and willing to route for a middle pickup cavity, i´d go for it. (don´t forget to let us know in the Q-tuner thread, so that we can keep tracks!)

GorillaSalsa

Reaction score
I'd love to get in on the Q-tuner action, but unfortunately my money is diverted elsewhere for a very long time. Hopefully something will cause the Q-tuner people to make them a permanent plan. If not, I'll just get a BL-5 routed into my Agile later...

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I still haven't decided whether or not to order the Intrepid now....I have to decide until the 31, and I'm running out of time.:wallbash:
What should I do?!?!?!?!:nuts::scratch:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
In the large scheme of things, even if it did show up damaged, the cost to repair it is not likely to be much. And the odds of it arriving damaged are pretty low. I say go for it, otherwise you'll be that little head-baning-against-a-wall emoticon every day until the next order period occurs. And you will eventually get one. Just make it now.