The Official Agile ERG Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
My Agile is going to have a 30" scale :hbang: and I was going to use the leftover strings from my Agile Baritone (13, 18w, 26w, 36, 46, 60) and I will use a 10 for the high E.

Does this mean I should also use a 72 for the F#?

I was going to get an 80 but, after reading this, I'm not quite so sure.

With the 30" scale and the gauges of the other strings you're going with, you'll probably be fine with the 72. I've got a 72 on my 28" now. I may possibly end up settling on a 74

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I dont know how anyone makes it through this......it hasnt even been 3 months and still about 3 to go before we get our orders. Its driving me nuts!! I was lucky enough to order an extra in stock intrepid when I got my first.

Right there with you, man. I feel kind of nerdy and childish and the same time to be this jazzed about waiting for this multiscale. The most surefire way to get a strange look is tell a non-guitarist how you just can't WAIT for "this guitar with slanted frets from this cool builder.":lol:

xmetalhead69

Unexpected Ally
Reaction score
:eek: now I'm thinking about selling the 8 I just got and ordering one of these. Would anyone be interested in an Intrepid pro with an ebony fretboard? :ugh:

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
just got my 30" scale intrepid back from the guitar workshop with BKP installed, new (more balanced) strings, and a complete setup job. a .74 for low E tuning sounds and feels really good, with a tension that isn´t tight, but isn´t sloppy. very guitar-like overall. i´m pleased, and can´t wait to try it with the pod :D

chimpinatux

Reaction score
Hey guys, you know where it says on rondo that international orders should be bought with a case? will i have to add one to the cart manually and if so which case is it to fit the intrepids?

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
i´ve recorded a quick video to how off the intrepid with the BKP, and i´m editing as we speak. wee!

[action=TomAwesome]taps his foot and waits.[/action]

Hey Morten, did you run into any trouble when installing the BKPs? I'm trying to put my Pigs in now, and the tabs are more than slightly too long.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
there were issues with the BKP tab sizes, but you can just cut those short and file/drill the holes so they are longer (different mounting screw spacings). mine are seated into the same pickup route, with the baseplate cut and filed a bit.

and the video won´t be ready for a while, it´s rendering. and if any of you have ever done video editing, you´ll know that shit takes FIFTEEN AGES.