The Official MMA Thread

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Just when I thought Bigfoot was done....he did some real damage on the ground in the 2 round. Those guys fought with every ounce of life in them....my hat is off to them both!:yesway:

Yeah that's the kind of shiit that will get the UFC banned again :lol:.
Lucky they were both so gassed they'd lost some power and precision.
A real joy to watch though :agreed:.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wowspare

7String's new kid
Reaction score
A draw was seriously the best decision that could have come out of this. I was rooting madly for Hunt but I thought Silva had done enough to win..... haha

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
I was actually rooting for the draw also at the end. It would have been sad to see one of them get a loss after that.

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
Tonight's Cage Warriors card was excellent. Loads of great, fast finishes, good heel hooks, well timed knees, neck cranks. You should try to find it to watch. You won't miss out. The prelims were really exciting, too!

Merge

Reaction score
The next UFC on Fox looks good, with Johnson vs. Benavidez 2 as the main event. Overall, the card looks good, decent fights on the prelims and main card

Merge

Reaction score
There's a report coming from Ariel Helwani that GSP is taking an indefinite leave from MMA and is vacating the WW title.

blanco

Reaction score
Hunt Vs Bigfoot was awesome, literally two people laying it on the line. Reminded me of Edgar Vs Maynard 2.

Chiba666

Reaction score
So GSP vacating his title and taking a break.

I think hes made a good decision there if his head and heart are not in it then stepping away is the right thing to do. Either that or stay and get hurt.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Good for GSP.
He's still fairly young and is financially secure so why not venture down other avenues.
It's not like he should or would have anything to prove at this point, even to himself in regards to MMA.
There is more to life then fighting, and it's always the second half of fighters careers in which they take most of their damage.

So it's Hendricks vs Lawler now this March for the vacant golden strap!!!

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
Good for GSP.
He's still fairly young and is financially secure so why not venture down other avenues.
It's not like he should or would have anything to prove at this point, even to himself in regards to MMA.
There is more to life then fighting, and it's always the second half of fighters careers in which they take most of their damage.

So it's Hendricks vs Lawler now this March for the vacant golden strap!!!

I feel so old, I remember when Lawler was just a wee lad.....:(

Merge

Reaction score
Ill go with that.

Sounds like UFC have suspended GSPs contract giving him chance to come back.

I don't think we will see him back in UFC

I agree, I don't think he'll be back. He sounded like a athlete saying goodbye to his sport.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
I feel so old, I remember when Lawler was just a wee lad.....:(

Yeah I remember when Dana and Randy had hair :lol:.

edit; Also, it seems inevitable now that Condit will get Tyrone Woodley next, now that Diaz has said no to another schooling at the hands of Carlos.
It's really too bad in the short-term for Condit that this timing has worked out so badly for him this time. Even though he lost to Hendricks it was far from a defeat.
Who knows though, Lawler or Hendricks either one might have to withdraw and then it might work out perfect for Condit to step in for the belt.

SoItGoesRVA

Do You Even Riff?
Reaction score
I'm hoping Matt Brown gets healthy. Brown v. Lawler would be a ridiculous slugfest. That being said: in that match, I'd take Lawler winning by first round decapitation.

Merge

Reaction score
I hope Lawler thrashes Hendricks. Ever since the GSP fight, all Hendricks has done is show how classless he is.

blanco

Reaction score

Is this what women meant when they said gender equality???
Generally wetting myself at this comment on the bleachers report.

It will be a huge event if it goes ahead but he's going to lose either way. Gets beaten by a women, never lives it down. Beats her, forever made out like he has to fight women to win and gets forever dragged into the whole "he should never have taken the fight" argument.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Along with spray tanning, I believe this is considered an official ceremony for retiring your "man card".

IF the fight actually happens ("if"), it might be pretty interesting. While it's known that men are well favored in the horrible scenarios where they most frequently battle women (ie: domestic disputes, abuse, etc.), the guidelines of MMA and 'fair-fighting' level the playing field quite a bit. Generally speaking, a man is expected to have more upper body strength than a female but, since they both have to be in the same weight class, hip/leg strength could work in her favor and hold/submissions are pretty much even territory.