The Official MMA Thread

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
I doubt it. I almost hope he doesn't for his sake. He is almost 39 and what does he have left to prove? The guy is one of the greatest fighters to ever grace the planet.

Indeed. And IMO we'll not see any current/new champ dominate for as long as he or GSP has.
Wait, I forgot about JJ. No really I don't see Jones making it quite that many years solid.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SoItGoesRVA

Do You Even Riff?
Reaction score
I think Gustaffson or Cormier will dethrone Jonny Bones. As for Silva coming back? I'm saying that he could, that it wouldn't be completely out of the question. That being said, he doesn't have shit left to prove to anyone. Hopefully he'll start coaching some young prospects and stay involved that way.

wespaul

Octaves of Manhattan
Reaction score
Gladly for Weidman, the accident didn't happen during the first round, which he clearly won. Now he is a credible champion.

That was no accident. That was a beautiful counter to a leg kick that Silva was throwing all of his weight into. A counter that was specifically trained for because of the last fight. Weidman has Silva's number.

IMO, he beats Belfort by taking him down and landing hard GnP and finishing with a sub. I'm more interested in a Machida fight, honestly.

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
That was no accident. That was a beautiful counter to a leg kick that Silva was throwing all of his weight into. A counter that was specifically trained for because of the last fight. Weidman has Silva's number.

IMO, he beats Belfort by taking him down and landing hard GnP and finishing with a sub. I'm more interested in a Machida fight, honestly.
Of course it was an accident! He didn't purposely break Silva's leg. The block was no accident but the break sure was a freak accident.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
I hope he destroys Belfort whenever it does happen.
For some reason I'm really starting not to like that guy.

What was the deal with Vitor's press conference cameo where he didn't even ask a ?
It seemed like he was just there in an attempt to intimidate Weidman with his trt voice and stealy stare:lol:.

wespaul

Octaves of Manhattan
Reaction score
Of course it was an accident! He didn't purposely break Silva's leg. The block was no accident but the break sure was a freak accident.

Are you high? Weidman specifically said he trained to check Anderson's leg kicks this way. He also talks about how his trainer has broken legs in training camp this way, and they even coined this type of leg check "the destruction", which is "knee-on-shin."

So, no, it wasn't an accident, or a even a freak accident. It was a counter that was trained to specifically have this result, and specifically to stop the only offense that Silva had in their last fight.

Source (10:45):

fwd0120

Bipedal Hominid
Reaction score
ugh... This broken leg talk makes me want to give up my lunch.... First, that basketball guy this year, now this.... Blech......

blanco

Reaction score
Career over.

No need to come back he has records, he's always going to be seen as one of the greatest fighters ever. Its not the sort of injury that is going to be ever get back to 100%. Bow out knowing his only real UFC lose being Weidmans knockout.

Props to Weidman though he didn't go over the top, kept out the way and was civil over the whole situation. Rhonda on the other hand, well... we all know what she's like hahahaha.

Chris Leben should probably quit as well, was pretty boring and Leben did the right thing stopping the fight himself but thats four on the trot over the past 2 years. Uriah Hall has just become quite boring fighter. In TUF he was awesome to watch and now i feel he's just a little too cautious. The reason Dana likes guys like him is cause of the knockout potential and its a huge draw for a fight but if he keep walking round he might just find himself not getting booked at all.

wespaul

Octaves of Manhattan
Reaction score

It's okay to admit you're wrong, homie. I enjoyed the depth of discussion you brought to the topic, though.

Back to Weidman --I love his attitude. There was a point where doctors were surrounding Silva and security wasn't letting people in the cage. Weidman went over to push security aside so Silva's corner could get in. Class-act, all the way.

ChrisLettingIn.gif

Rommel

Reaction score
Longo dubbed it "Destruct-shin", according to Weidman. Same thing that Aldo did to Mendez in their title fight.

Hoping Anderson has a good recovery. Whether or not he makes a comeback is for him to decide. Congrats to Weidman, he's got some good challenges lined up.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
To juice or not to juice, that is the question.

Weidman vs Belfort is on for sometime late spring early summer (maybe the 4th), but Belfort is not likely to get his good ole TRT exemption in Vegas where they hope to do the fight (well everyone except Belfort hopes it is there).

He has flunked for steroids before in Nevada which usually disqualifies the exemption being granted.

That surely has much to do with his last three fights being in brazil, where the juice bar is always open.

I hope Weidman destroys him for his stupid hairdo alone :lol:.

SoItGoesRVA

Do You Even Riff?
Reaction score
Dominick Cruz is out of the Barao fight and Faber took the fight on 3 1/2 weeks notice. Thoughts?

Merge

Reaction score
I don't know if Crux will ever fight again. He hasn't fought since Oct. 2011, and has been very injury prone.

wowspare

7String's new kid
Reaction score
He'll probably fight again, but he's wasting his prime years away :(

Barao vs prime Cruz was really a dream match-up, sadly we'll never see it anymore.....

Merge

Reaction score
Faber has looked good in his last few fights, especially against Mcdonald. I'm not sure if he can beat Barao, though.

wowspare

7String's new kid
Reaction score
Faber has looked good in his last few fights, especially against Mcdonald. I'm not sure if he can beat Barao, though.

He seriously needs to start checking low kicks........ You would think that he learnt his lesson after his fight with Aldo, but then proceeds to get his legs smashed by Barao in their first fight. Hopefully, with Weidman and Saffiedine's recent fights he's learnt to check them