The official Sabre Guitars Thread

• Thread starter sabreguitars
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Halffarmer

Reaction score
Hey,
does anybody know if it is possible to change the neck profile on the stock series?
I know that the idea behind these guitars is not to have to much options so the costs can kept low but the specs of the syren 6 sound great, especially for the price.
It's just that i don't like D-profiled necks too much.

TuffyKohler

sawdust generator
Reaction score
Any updates from Sabre land? Build progress, new guy working in the shop... this thread and facebook are Ghost towns.... (see what i did there?)

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I got my Ghost 6 over the weekend, going to re-string it now and set it up since it got stuck in a warehouse for a few cold nights.

eclipze1

Reaction score
I am awaiting for my Sabre Syren 7 production to arrive. Previously, I was told that I would be receiving it in September 2014 period. By it is already end of October.

Send an email but no reply yet. Still waiting.

Wingee

Reaction score
Yup tumbleweed for me too. Sent a couple of emails, no reply. Nothing off facebook either. Personally feel like this is a terrible buying experience - really dissappointed. Only thing I've noticed is the build list date has gone back but have heard nothing from Sabre about the guitar I ordered for months.

Drapes

Banned
Reaction score
I got one of the first run production models and have been in contact with Christian now and again since. I understand that he's actually been in hospital for recently as he broke is Jaw. I am sure you won't kept waiting too much longer!

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I've been in contact every few weeks or so with Chris. He said he's really busy and is trying to get things back and track. I'm still waiting on a 7 string from last year.

eclipze1

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, guys. I believe Christian is doing his part and recovering. Let's be patient and give him his best & support.

Shaynos

Reaction score
This is a tough wait. Mine was finished in July. It got sent, and was returned to sabre due to incorrect customs paperwork for the wood. But it's been about 9 weeks since it was supposed to be sent a second time and still no sign of it, and I can't get in contact with Chris. So I don't actually know if it has been sent :(

(I'm not trying to badmouth the brand, and Chris seems like a top bloke. I just really want to get my hands on this guitar)

eclipze1

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten their Production Syren ?
I ordered since April 2014 and it has been more than 6 months.
And there is no reply.

TuffyKohler

sawdust generator
Reaction score
From what I understand, the production build takes roughly 4-5 months once it starts. I made my payment in May, and was told the building would start, and ash and wenge were in hand and blanks were being cut. I was later told the last slot was taken in June, and the materials were being ordered at that time.

Since Chris did have a little issue with his jaw, there has been delays which I was informed of.

The most recent reply I got around 2 weeks ago was that the bodies and neck have been cut and carved, fingerboards attached, I think the endurnecks are still being carved... The bodies were due to start getting oiled as well. All hardware is on hand.

So, if you count the production build as starting mid June, we are at about 6 months. Then allowing some time for his medical issues...

I'm hoping to see mine sometime around the new year.

I did express my opinion to Chris that one of the reasons I went with Sabre was that their previous runs were documented on his blog, and here on SS.org, and that I was disappointed in the total lack of posting anywhere since early 2014. (Pretty much right after I placed my order)
I was just recently promised some pictures of mine in progress, and Chris mentioned he was going to try to get a build list on his site for the production models as well as his current list of his custom builds.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I've messaged Chris a few times over the last month with no reply. Getting very fed up at this stage.

TuffyKohler

sawdust generator
Reaction score
new bass posted on facebook... and according to comments, he's talking to people interested in builds...

Lorcan, is yours a custom 7, or production?

JuliusJahn

Luthier
Reaction score
When was the last anyone has heard from them? I was under the impression they were shut down until I saw they snatched up Bernie (from Crimson Guitars) and had a video up of a sanded fretboard on facebook.

FIXXXER

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
I've messaged Chris a few times over the last month with no reply. Getting very fed up at this stage.

same here man, this is really getting ridiculous,
all i ever got from sabre was either promises or excuses,
just no results.

i am now waiting like 7 months for a few god damn pics of my guitar.
i was told that i'll get pics the next few days and that my guitar will be done in not later than 4 weeks...this was 3 weeks ago...

sabreguitars

Banned
Reaction score
Chaps - I have to hold my hands up here and apologise for the unacceptably poor communication recently.

I'm not going to wax on about circumstances or excuses because I should have done better and I apologise to everyone who is worried or concerned about the delays we've had this year. They're the opposite of what I want and of course what you guys want as customers.

I will say though, is that we're doing literally everything to fulfil all our responsibilities to you guys. Taking on Bertie was a massive commitment for me but something I knew I had to do whilst I was unable to work for a period and now he's come on full time we're literally working around the clock and doing a fearsome amount of making up.

I've already spoken to a number of guys who've posted above. - shayne, Lorcan, jimmy etc. And hopefully you're reassured.
Unfortunately as a small compan I've found out this year I'm way more susceptible to outside situations than is acceptable - and the addition of Bertie to the team is my answer to that.

We are still behind, but making up time incredibly fast. There are 6 guitars almost at the point of final assembly with another 5 close behind (not including the stock series) which will all go out before Christmas and they represent a huge proportion of our build list.

I really don't want this thread to descend into hysteria because of my poor communication. Especially when even despite all the disruption this year I've managed to deliver almost 30 guitars, so it's terrible that I may have let down a few customers and again for that I apologise, especially to Lorcan who's been such a supporter of ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.