The Shotgun thread (all firearm owners welcome)

Politics of Ecstasy

OG Shredder
Reaction score
So I thought I’d start this off

shooting is fun. It’s a lot like playing a guitar, but instead of creating you’re usually destroying lol

now that means targets at a range, posted outside in the woods, skeet/clay disc shooting, and I’m not a hunter but I wouldn’t mind giving it a shot if it was to eat it

my cousins in rural areas so they hunt to eat, a deer can last them almost through the winter , so they encouraged me to get something

now I took my cue from John wick lol which wasn’t maybe the best way to go about choosing but anyway I got the 12ga with VFG and 450 lumens tac

Threw on mbus flip ups and I’m in business

I’m thinking about a reflex for my picatinny rail now since I just shoot slugs all day

So what do you guys carry and do you have any recommendations on an inexpensive good reflex or Eotech deal/sale?

Kel-tec
KSG Compact™

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Trainwreck

Reaction score
This thread is right up my alley. My two hobbies are guns and guitars. I too love to shoot and I find it to be a nice fun way to relieve some stress.
I carry one of three guns, a .40 Kahr, a .45 Kahr or a Springfield. 40. Depending on what I'm doing and what time of year it is decides what I grab going out the door.
Hunting is another stress reliever. I bow and gun hunt deer and turkey. I'm not a sport hunter as I eat everything I take. Hunting is something that is so hard to describe to someone who hasn't done it or who doesn't appreciate being in the outdoors. I love to hunt. There is something so primitive and yet satisfying about taking an animal and putting it on your table for your family. Its the most nutritious and hormone free meat you can find. Being in the woods with a bow and not even seeing anything is still so relaxing, yet at any given moment a shot of adrenaline while sighting in a huge buck is the most exciting thing in the world.
Sorry bud, didn't mean to go off on a rant, its hunting season here and I'm fully wrapped up in it.
As for the Eotech, not gonna come cheap anywhere but you get what you pay for. Check out Cheaperthandirt.com. they always have some good deals on sights and scopes.

Trainwreck

Reaction score
The nice thing about cheaper then dirt is they have real user reviews. Being that your using a 12 gauge check the reviews of anything your considering, that round hits hard and a lot of flimsy gear just can't take that kind of beating.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I bow and gun hunt deer and turkey. I'm not a sport hunter as I eat everything I take. Hunting is something that is so hard to describe to someone who hasn't done it or who doesn't appreciate being in the outdoors. I love to hunt. There is something so primitive and yet satisfying about taking an animal and putting it on your table for your family. Its the most nutritious and hormone free meat you can find. Being in the woods with a bow and not even seeing anything is still so relaxing, yet at any given moment a shot of adrenaline while sighting in a huge buck is the most exciting thing in the world.
Sorry bud, didn't mean to go off on a rant, its hunting season here and I'm fully wrapped up in it.
As for the Eotech, not gonna come cheap anywhere but you get what you pay for. Check out Cheaperthandirt.com. they always have some good deals on sights and scopes.

I've never had much interest in a bow, but after handgun hunting, using a rifle is boring. One of my buddies just missed out on a nice 8 because he got excited and clanged his bow against his tree stand.

But fuck cheaper than dirt. They've screwed up everything I've ordered from them, and after I quit ordering from them they start price gouging every time somebody mentions gun control.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
marinesonthefiringlinewiththeirshotguns.jpg

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
I always wanted a gun but everytime I get cash I'd rather buy guitar sor studio stuff. I figure if I get a choise to go shooting or paly guitar I'm playing guitar. I do want one of those lasers you can burn things with though. I could burn little holes in people if I get in a situation and then run away.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Also grabbed a few Mossies a couple of years ago. 830 and the std pump with the 2nd turkey barrel. That 830 has sold itself to 3 if my friends lol.
It's like a ground defense weapon when shooting skeet. Skeet skeet.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
I'm Inuit, I grew up hunting in the Canadian Arctic. I own a Remington 870 Express pump action shotgun. I've bagged a lot of Canada Geese and white swans with it.

I've also shot a lot of caribou with a Remington 223. Rifle as well. My people relied on the land to eat since we didn't have grocery stores until the mid 20th century. Before we got rifles from the white men, we used primitive bows and arrows.

Here's a couple of pics of caribou I've bagged.
Male caribou bull, July of 2012.
529519_10151871763955174_290699157_n.jpg

Female caribou cow, August 2019.
67580311_10162104442810174_5448043062947217408_o.jpg

Politics of Ecstasy

OG Shredder
Reaction score
Finally: THE REAL MEN EMERGE - Guitarist gunners welcome, welcome!

@Trainwreck no worries my man, this is where rants are allowed, this is where anything NSFW is going to be celebrated, most of all, this thread is a tribute to the (1st and) SECOND amendment....Eotech is pricey, i cant justify $3-400 for a red dot reflex when my flip up MBUS sights are actually what I prefer.....i just would get one if it was $200 or less

I found , the craziest thing.....there is a dude in the next town who makes a muzzle brake for my KSG Compact! It’s only $100! Any reason NOT to get a muzzle brake on my KSG?

I always wanted to try bow, but archery is tough to practice in the urban areas i live. I bought a bow and arrow and was quite into it, but i saw how much they get and how complex they get, and i just respect (like my inuit friend, i have native blood, very little but its there) the traditional way, and I respect tradition bows.....I HATE the idea of a crossbow, like it kinda bothers me....i think you either get a fuckin gun or a bow and arrow, no in between....but no rant, if you gotta crossbow, sorry lol!! Really , maybe its because of that fuckin Joffrey Lannister Borathean bastard

Do you guys belong to a range? I joined my range, $1000 a year! But worth it my man.

Trainwreck

Reaction score
No crossbows here, I just have a compound bow. The crossbows work well for older or handicapped people but they're not for me.

I live in the city so I just frequent whatever local range I feel like. I have about five options that are open to the public. My father also has a farm where I hunt and sometimes I'll load up and go out there for some fun.

I didn't know about cheaper than dirt price gouging anyone. Whenever a gun control scare sweeps the nation I just refuse to participate and don't buy anything until it calms down.

Those are some beautiful caribou, congratulations on those. I bet they were delicious.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I found , the craziest thing.....there is a dude in the next town who makes a muzzle brake for my KSG Compact! It’s only $100! Any reason NOT to get a muzzle brake on my KSG?

I have a P&W muzzle brake on my AR. It made sense when I was just going to range because it has zero recoil, but it doesn't make sense on a practical use gun. If you have to shoot something without ear pro on, a brake makes your gun unbearably loud, plus if it's close to dark or dark, the fireball will screw your night vision.

If it's going to be a range only or competition gun, then go for the brake, otherwise, you're better off with a flash hider.

Politics of Ecstasy

OG Shredder
Reaction score
@BornToLooze I absolutely agree, which is why i was thinking to get it...at the same time, I’m using MAINLY mini-slugs (1 3/4” slug) so there isnt much recoil with those.

But regular Federal: shit my shoulder actually is bruised for the day, almost to the point i was thinking of buying the improved rubber stock

I totally agree on both points - range : muzzle, outdoor: flash

Thanks dude

AGAIN, does anyone use Eotech reflex? Or any reflex site

(BTW my favorite BLS song, that and Low down, sonic brew is the best album)

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lot of guys I know rock Vortex sights. Haven't got one yet, but my friends/coworkers love em to death. EOTech is pricey for a reason. Same with Trijicon.

+1 for Magpul and their MBUS. Love mine, and all their furniture I use.

All past firearm threads ended up locked quickly, so don't be shocked if it happens.

Politics of Ecstasy

OG Shredder
Reaction score
He’ll yeah PIGI
The mbus is so awesome , only when you feel the flip as the easy pull down can you feel the true value of those little knotches and line!!!! I love using my own eye to target you know

Like I said, THIS THREAD IS A CELEBRATION ANS TRIBUTE TO THE FIRST AND SECOND AMENDMENT, and we are responsible consenting adult firearm owners speaking simply of the gear and sport ....nothing political besides our right to speak on such matters!!

/end speech

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
No crossbows here, I just have a compound bow. The crossbows work well for older or handicapped people but they're not for me.

I live in the city so I just frequent whatever local range I feel like. I have about five options that are open to the public. My father also has a farm where I hunt and sometimes I'll load up and go out there for some fun.

I didn't know about cheaper than dirt price gouging anyone. Whenever a gun control scare sweeps the nation I just refuse to participate and don't buy anything until it calms down.

Those are some beautiful caribou, congratulations on those. I bet they were delicious.

The caribou was amazing! I shot my last caribou when I was home this past summer for a vacation. I actually live in British Columbia now. My entire freezer is FILLED with caribou meat!

My older brother and I drove 30 miles south of Kugluktuk with ATV quads. It's always a blast driving along the Coppermine River! Here's some pictures of that trip (got just a little muddy :lol:) and my absolute favorite view of the Coppermine River south of the Bloody Falls!

67773952_10162104445135174_3185688341362245632_o.jpg

67663356_10162104443235174_6811578725683953664_o.jpg

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
@BornToLooze I absolutely agree, which is why i was thinking to get it...at the same time, I’m using MAINLY mini-slugs (1 3/4” slug) so there isnt much recoil with those.

But regular Federal: shit my shoulder actually is bruised for the day, almost to the point i was thinking of buying the improved rubber stock

I totally agree on both points - range : muzzle, outdoor: flash

Thanks dude

AGAIN, does anyone use Eotech reflex? Or any reflex site

(BTW my favorite BLS song, that and Low down, sonic brew is the best album)

I used to have an Eotech on my AR, but I have something going on with my eyes where the dot on them looks like a starburst which makes it hard to use for me. I used to have a Primary Arms red dot, and that didn't do it, but the Eotech did.

I've upgraded to a higher end Leupold scope (I don't remember the model) that's a 1.5-5x with an illuminated reticle. Even though it was a little magnification it's still completely usable like a red dot if you shoot with both eyes open.

But as far as shotguns go, I'm more of a sixgunner, so the extent of my shotgunning has been less than stellar results on flying things, and shooting things with slugs. My shotgun is an 870 with wood police furniture on it, so it's heavy enough even with slugs the kick isn't too bad.

Also, thank you. You're the first person that's guessed BLS. Usually it's Johnny Thunders and Social Distortion.

Politics of Ecstasy

OG Shredder
Reaction score
The caribou was amazing! I shot my last caribou when I was home this past summer for a vacation. I actually live in British Columbia now. My entire freezer is FILLED with caribou meat!

My older brother and I drove 30 miles south of Kugluktuk with ATV quads. It's always a blast driving along the Coppermine River! Here's some pictures of that trip (got just a little muddy :lol:) and my absolute favorite view of the Coppermine River south of the Bloody Falls!

67773952_10162104445135174_3185688341362245632_o.jpg

67663356_10162104443235174_6811578725683953664_o.jpg
So it IS true
You can live off hunting in rural areas in America
Imagine no food bills or just like essentials like condiments, seasonings, and of course if you got a god damn farm u got the veggies too shit

what a way of life

when my cousin gets his bucks, it’s in there for the whole winter. I don’t know how you’d butcher a huge animal like that lol

@BornToLooze hell yeah brother BLS NYC and Th Dd official chapter member , how much is your Eotech ? Wanna sell it?

I’m getting a glock next year, don’t know which model is best...I like the 19 and 23 but I kinda want the baby glock

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
All past firearm threads ended up locked quickly, so don't be shocked if it happens.

The general issue is that people have trouble communicating with others or even just ignoring people on issues they don't agree on. If everyone stays civil and doesn't do anything either against the rules or to provoke an argument, this thread is perfectly fine. I have my doubts but as of now, y'all have fun.