The Shotgun thread (all firearm owners welcome)

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The general issue is that people have trouble communicating with others or even just ignoring people on issues they don't agree on. If everyone stays civil and doesn't do anything either against the rules or to provoke an argument, this thread is perfectly fine. I have my doubts but as of now, y'all have fun.

:agreed:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Politics of Ecstasy

OG Shredder
Reaction score
The general issue is that people have trouble communicating with others or even just ignoring people on issues they don't agree on. If everyone stays civil and doesn't do anything either against the rules or to provoke an argument, this thread is perfectly fine. I have my doubts but as of now, y'all have fun.
Thank you mod Randy
That was very eloquent of you
We will respect the rules and make sure no one says anything out of line (outside of the context of guns, accessories, and the sport/hunting)

I hope I speak for everyone as the OP when I say we’ll respect your wishes

but out of courtesy for the individuals :

y’all fellas agree to this very cool dude????

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
So it IS true
You can live off hunting in rural areas in America
Imagine no food bills or just like essentials like condiments, seasonings, and of course if you got a god damn farm u got the veggies too shit

what a way of life

when my cousin gets his bucks, it’s in there for the whole winter. I don’t know how you’d butcher a huge animal like that lol

It's really easy once you know how to butcher a full grown caribou. It takes about 15 minutes to cut the fur hide off. It takes another 20 minutes or so to butcher all the meat and cut the body into segments.

My people, the Inuit used caribou, musk ox and polar bear for our clothing and summer tents.

This is my grandfather in the 1960's with a caribou skin parka and polar bear skin pants.

25788_372984222503_2614376_n.jpg

Politics of Ecstasy

OG Shredder
Reaction score
It's really easy once you know how to butcher a full grown caribou. It takes about 15 minutes to cut the fur hide off. It takes another 20 minutes or so to butcher all the meat and cut the body into segments.

My people, the Inuit used caribou, musk ox and polar bear for our clothing and summer tents.

This is my grandfather in the 1960's with a caribou skin park and polar bear skin pants.

i am so proud you are keeping the old ways

the elders warned us the old ways may become lost and if they are, we forget our way because we forget where we come from

I think natives (I’m 2% Iroquois) who are young like yourself but continue it in their own ways is very inspiring

I would hate for the old traditions of how men really bonded and learned the value of survival and the codependent relationship you build with your hound and making friends and sometimes saving lives

there’s more to it than just a bullet(or arrow) all I’m sayin ....lol

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
So it IS true
You can live off hunting in rural areas in America
Imagine no food bills or just like essentials like condiments, seasonings, and of course if you got a god damn farm u got the veggies too shit

what a way of life

when my cousin gets his bucks, it’s in there for the whole winter. I don’t know how you’d butcher a huge animal like that lol

@BornToLooze hell yeah brother BLS NYC and Th Dd official chapter member , how much is your Eotech ? Wanna sell it?

I’m getting a glock next year, don’t know which model is best...I like the 19 and 23 but I kinda want the baby glock

I sold it a couple years ago, it helped finance the Leupold. But if you want to get one,I'd recommend joining a gun forum and picking up a used one.

As far as Glocks go, make sure you shoot one first. I had a 19, and while I liked the gun itself, the finger grooves just didn't line up with my fingers. It doesn't fit with my preferences for a pistol, and I have no desire to own another Glock, but I still think it's one of the greatest pistols ever made.

Politics of Ecstasy

OG Shredder
Reaction score
Hey man
It could be THE most reliable handgun on earth, I agree with you on that as well ... the 19 is open box , unfired for $500)

what do u think of baby glock

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Hey man
It could be THE most reliable handgun on earth, I agree with you on that as well ... the 19 is open box , unfired for $500)

The 19 is the only one I've shot, so I don't want to give you any advice beyond that. But I might be misremembering how much I paid for mine, but $500 sounds high for a used Glock.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey man

The 19 is standard size... the 26 and 40 are the baby glocks. They are super reliable (fire every time), easy to clean, decently accurate, and for the most part easy to shoot (i.e. no extra step with a de-cock or thumb safety). Only issue I had transitioning from a Sig P229 was the increased wrist break angle of the Glock grip. I found my natural grip from 20+ years of shooting caused me to have a slight inclined angle of the muzzle. I had to retrain my grip to accommodate. But FWIW you can get a really forward-pointing thumb grip without riding the slide and causing feed failures like I had with the Sig occasionally. Therefore it is an extremely fast and accurate draw IMO. Pay the $40 or whatever the civilian up-charge is to get the better sights, because the stock factory one is garbage.

If you get a 26, buy 19 mags. The gun has a tiny grip (3 fingers, but you should only apply pressure with 2 or 3 anyways) and it is much easier to shoot with the larger mags IMO. Also, the obvious benefit of more than 10 rounds. Not sure what your reason is for purchasing, but the 26 won't be as accurate with the shorter barrel, and you won't be as accurate with the smaller grip. It is mainly for concealed carry to have less printing than a full size. If you're looking for a better target weapon, the 19 is much better IMO... as is a Sig or Kimber. YMMV.

Last edited:

Trainwreck

Reaction score

This is my grandfather in the 1960's with a caribou skin parka and polar bear skin pants.

That is so amazing that you have an opportunity to hunt out in the tundra like you do, guys would pay a lot of money for a trip like that. Sounds like a true once in a lifetime experience.

Have you ever tried the golf ball hide removal ? I finally tried it a couple years ago and I will never go back to the old way again. You have two ATV's so you could do it easily. I'm terrible at posting links but Youtube golf ball hide removal, its so easy and saves a bunch of time.

Politics of Ecstasy

OG Shredder
Reaction score
The 19 is standard size... the 26 and 40 are the baby glocks. They are super reliable (fire every time), easy to clean, decently accurate, and for the most part easy to shoot (i.e. no extra step with a de-cock or thumb safety). Only issue I had transitioning from a Sig P229 was the increased wrist break angle of the Glock grip. I found my natural grip from 20+ years of shooting caused me to have a slight inclined angle of the muzzle. I had to retrain my grip to accommodate. But FWIW you can get a really forward-pointing thumb grip without riding the slide and causing feed failures like I had with the Sig occasionally. Therefore it is an extremely fast and accurate draw IMO. Pay the $40 or whatever the civilian up-charge is to get the better sights, because the stock factory one is garbage.

If you get a 26, buy 19 mags. The gun has a tiny grip (3 fingers, but you should only apply pressure with 2 or 3 anyways) and it is much easier to shoot with the larger mags IMO. Also, the obvious benefit of more than 10 rounds. Not sure what your reason is for purchasing, but the 26 won't be as accurate with the shorter barrel, and you won't be as accurate with the smaller grip. It is mainly for concealed carry to have less printing than a full size. If you're looking for a better target weapon, the 19 is much better IMO... as is a Sig or Kimber. YMMV.
thanks for the great reply dude

And I totally agree, jelly of that open wilderness and atv access!!!! @Trainwreck

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Lot of guys I know rock Vortex sights. Haven't got one yet, but my friends/coworkers love em to death. EOTech is pricey for a reason. Same with Trijicon.

Vortex makes some really nice high end stuff as well as budget optics, so there is plenty to choose from. While the red dot/prism end of the lineup is nice for the money, it’s not on the same level as Aimpoints. I’ve got a few Strikefires, a SPARC AR, a magnifier, and a Diamondback. All are very nice for the price point, the best thing is the customer service and warranty though. My original SPARC was about 7-8 years old and stopped turning off, the button just quit working. So I emailed them with the issue, they gave me a return number and replaced it with a brand new SPARC AR free of charge. I also had an issue with a stripped screw on a mount that came with the magnifier, they replaced it for free and it wasn’t even made by them, it was an American Defense Manufacturing mount.

You get what you pay for with Trijicon, the ACOG I have is so clear. I also have a few Primary Arms that are good budget optics for the price point as well. I understand the same factory that makes the Vortex red dots produces them as well.

Last edited:

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score

Politics of Ecstasy

OG Shredder
Reaction score
Just got back from the range man
I really enjoyed it

I am thinking about looking the muzzle brake for the recoil, it says 70% reduction which would be huge and its too much to believe but he assured me its 70% from regular Federal 12ga standard ammo

But thats only after i see the mini slugs with low recoil performance in a couple of days

Going back to the range as soon as the FFL receives em

PS Thank you for clarifying for me and everyone else, but i was just throwing out jargon, without being non inclusive, of course i meant mags too! All firearms welcome!

tedtan

Reaction score
I am thinking about looking the muzzle brake for the recoil, it says 70% reduction which would be huge and its too much to believe but he assured me its 70% from regular Federal 12ga standard ammo

My advice regarding muzzle brakes is to avoid them unless you need them for recoil reduction, and you'll know if you need them. They're great for recoil reduction, but definitely have their side effects as mentioned above.

Politics of Ecstasy

OG Shredder
Reaction score
Well thats the thing ted
I’m just range shooting
And i mean, i dont know if you know the KSG Compact Bullpup
But all of the gun is in the back, so the force travels STRAIGHT back into my shoulder.....recoil so hard sometimes my check feels a little push if I’m not too careful

But thats why first I’m trying the low recoil mini slugs
If they work, forget the muzzle brake

Otherwise what do you think? I mean with standard federal slugs, my gun recoils so hard I lose sight of my target after the trigger is pulled (NOT BEFORE!, and i am a marksman if i may say so, according to the fellas at the range....I’m hitting bullseyes from 10 yards out my first time ALONE on the range....meaning no help)

I love it man

So yeah, ill wait on the muzzle brake. ALTHOUGH the dude is offering me $25 off for Black Friday, since the shop is next door andi can pay cash (in other words 100-10%-8.5%= 90 cash lol

Anyway, nov 26, they should arrive and ill go test them out and report back

HAS ANYONE ever tried 12ga MINI SLUGS (1 3/4”)??