The Tube Thread

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sooo, just curious. For ya'll that have a wall of amps, what's the yearly maintenance cost on tubes for them? lol

I'm always tempted to search the used market for some good heads, but the maintenance costs always makes me shy away from going down that road.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Hey, Anybody ever try these cheap Shuguang el34's out? I'm thinking even if they sound half way decent, or are more noisy, don't last as long etc, they'd still be worth it for practicing to save $ on the more expensive tubes, assuming they don't make my amp fry. Maybe they're great too. That would be really cool. They even have dual getters like my =c='s.
- They're only like $40 a QUAD! : )

shuguang el34.jpg

Mourguitars

Reaction score
I bought these in sets of eights.....they test great on my tester and my Tech's

In fact my Tech asked me where i bought them ...he liked the 6L6's...they were dirt cheap on eBay

I had one EL34 go bad, emailed the seller and had a replacement in the mail that day..cant beat that service !

The seller was from Ohio...i closed my eBay account due to a hack

I guess the EHX goes well in the Marshals , so maybe ill pop them in my Ceriatone 800...i bought these when i was trying the fix the BS Series100...i gave up on that ..need a schematic but good luck on that ! Lol

Mike

20210701_091825.jpg

DeathByButterslax

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sooo, just curious. For ya'll that have a wall of amps, what's the yearly maintenance cost on tubes for them? lol

I'm always tempted to search the used market for some good heads, but the maintenance costs always makes me shy away from going down that road.
They barely play any of them so tube life is longer