The ultimate list of Ibanez 7 strings

• Thread starter Xaios
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FooBAR

n00bling
Reaction score
I own an AX-7521 (in the infamous "Cherry Fudge" finish too!), and I've played an AX-7221 many years ago.

The 7521 is, in no way, a higher "quality" guitar than the 7221...as a matter of fact, it feels like it is of the exact same "quality". :scratch:
Never really had much to complain about it, though, as I had gotten it for free! :shred:

I have since parted out the 7521.
Not sure if I still have the neck, but I still have the body.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

armdias

Reaction score
I don't know if someone pointed out, but there's missing the new Universe UV70P

Here

Reaction score
Hi, nice list here, good job!

Just noticed that the info on RG2027XVV does not say it has a Flamed Maple top, (not veneer). I think mine is a 3 piece top, but I am not sure since I do not have it with me by the moment. This guitar is the production version of the RG7CST if I am not mistaken. Original Pickups were those v77 and v88. Also to be noticed, the mag/piezo switch only had two options. I do not know if the RG2127x features the same specs. The finish is vintage violin and is not a burst, more like a stained dark orange with clear varnish over it.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice list. But wasn't there a glaive 7 string?

Yeah, yeah, I've gotta update it. I know. :lol:

tmö;3681551 said:
Hi, nice list here, good job!

Just noticed that the info on RG2027XVV does not say it has a Flamed Maple top, (not veneer). I think mine is a 3 piece top, but I am not sure since I do not have it with me by the moment. This guitar is the production version of the RG7CST if I am not mistaken. Original Pickups were those v77 and v88. Also to be noticed, the mag/piezo switch only had two options. I do not know if the RG2127x features the same specs. The finish is vintage violin and is not a burst, more like a stained dark orange with clear varnish over it.

While the RG2027X is as close to the RG7CST as we're likely to see, it's not an exact copy. It doesn't have a flamed maple top, but the VV finish is clearly a burst:

RG2027XVV.jpg

Reaction score
While the RG2027X is as close to the RG7CST as we're likely to see, it's not an exact copy. It doesn't have a flamed maple top, but the VV finish is clearly a burst:

RG2027XVV.jpg

You are correct sir, I had incorrect info. After I wrote that post, I have played mine for a while and can I confirm the subtle burst and the simple maple (not flamed one) top, but there is a maple top. Sorry for the miss directions.

octavarium7

Cloud Constructor
Reaction score
Why not Ibanez S5427 2013 7 string prestige?

First ibby S w/ 24 fret prestige?

right? Please clarify if im wrong

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Why not Ibanez S5427 2013 7 string prestige?

First ibby S w/ 24 fret prestige?

right? Please clarify if im wrong

Holy crap, do people not read? I've already said a bunch of times, IT'S OUT OF DATE. It hasn't been updated since 2011.

SlipknotKoRnfan

Airline Pilot. Ibanez Afficionado.
Reaction score
You are correct sir, I had incorrect info. After I wrote that post, I have played mine for a while and can I confirm the subtle burst and the simple maple (not flamed one) top, but there is a maple top. Sorry for the miss directions.

If I'm not mistaken, The RG2027X is actually just an all mahogany body-with no top. The RG7-CST does have a flamed maple top, but the 2027 is just mahogany. I know the finish "appears" to have a top, but I think that's just in the paint/stain. Here's a pic of a chipped finish on a 2027X showing that it's actually just one type of wood :)

Attachments

• _MG_7896.jpg
    _MG_7896.jpg
    747.2 KB · Views: 39
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, The RG2027X is actually just an all mahogany body-with no top. The RG7-CST does have a flamed maple top, but the 2027 is just mahogany. I know the finish "appears" to have a top, but I think that's just in the paint/stain. Here's a pic of a chipped finish on a 2027X showing that it's actually just one type of wood :)

Damn, I am sure I read somewhere (a lot of time ago) it had a maple top. So, I went looking for details on Ibby old catalogs and found this from 2000 EU print versions (the same as in the USA print, but with a different layout):
3.jpg

and this from the EU 2001 (not showing on the USA one):
6.jpg

You may be right on this... maybe it was a mistake, for most VintageViolin finishes do have a maple top...

Well, nevertheless, mine plays like a charm...

takotakumi

Reaction score
I wanna get an Ibanez 7 string (shortly in the future) with a tremolo and a maple fretboard(a MUST for me), would that mean I'm stuck with the RG 1527M, and the universe 7?

Thanks for this useful thread :D

aesthyrian

Reaction score
Pretty much. They did just release the RG652AHM though. That's 2 whole choices!! :lol:

And I don't think there was ever any Universe's that came with maple fretboards though.

takotakumi

Reaction score
Pretty much. They did just release the RGDIX7MPB though. That's 2 whole choices!! :lol:

And I don't think there was ever any Universe's that came with maple fretboards though.

I was considering that one because of the scale, rgd body,maple board and top...but I've had very bad experiences with iron labels (sharp frets, unglued binding, cracked fretboard).

Also with that same cash I could get a used 1527 instead and guess have to dismiss the maple fretboards since there are barely any models :(

My other only option would be save up for the new RG752AHMNGB :eek: :idea:

TMatt142

vagitarian
Reaction score
Pretty much. They did just release the RG652AHM though. That's 2 whole choices!! :lol:

Sure they did. The LNG Universe has a maple board.

Status
Not open for further replies.