The Walking Dead Season 3

• Thread starter iRaiseTheDead
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
Yeah, last night's wasn't too bad though. Really setting up how psycho the Governor is.

Word, and i did REALLY enjoy that part, but what I'm saying is the last few weeks seem like they've all been psychological setup. I'm ready for some shit to go down. I mean, I know it's coming, but I'm cancelling cable as of Friday so this is the last I'll see of it for a bit, so dammit, cater to my needs :scream::lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Word, and i did REALLY enjoy that part, but what I'm saying is the last few weeks seem like they've all been psychological setup. I'm ready for some shit to go down. I mean, I know it's coming, but I'm cancelling cable as of Friday so this is the last I'll see of it for a bit, so dammit, cater to my needs :scream::lol:

Yeah, I'm ready too! Hope it's not a letdown, ha!

Been contemplating cancelling cable too. I don't have time to watch anything anymore, and you can rent these episodes for like 1.99 in HD on iTunes or on my PS3 (and tons of other places for that matter) so all I need is the interwebz and I'm good.

flint757

Reaction score
The setup for the battle is not very realistic. Way too much time has passed in the show or at least it feels like it. They decided the battle would be the finale and they needed X amount of episodes is what it all comes down to. The longer a show goes on the more shit like that happens it seems...

soliloquy

Reaction score
i kinda find it weird that the last episode they only showed rick for a minute, and no one else from the prison...

it would be interesting if a civil war breaks down in woodberry. that, to me, would be far more interesting than the war between the cell and woodberry. a 'civilization' being destroyed from within? brilliant!

Dehumanized

Thumprentice
Reaction score
It kind of feels like they are really making a stretch out of the material they have for the show. I love the show like crazy but it hasn't made any mind-boggling progress for quite some time. I have to assume that we're supposed to draw clues from flashbacks and other bits of the show to try to figure out where it is heading..

I really thought mister mayor was screwed for a while, I really hoped so.. but seeing how that situation played out actually annoyed me quite a bit since this means the endless yapping story won't end for at least the rest of the season. Please Walking Dead, don't ruin the finale <3

I guess I get frustrated because they're in that damn prison all the time and there is no conclusion what..so..ever.. I NEED ACTION BABY!!

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
I think it makes sense for them to use the pace that they've been using on the show. By putting the 'final battle' at the end of the season, it allows them to have the entire next season for something even bigger (which you'll know what it is if you read the comics). It would be silly for them to end the Woodbury conflict in the middle of the season then start on something new, only to get a few episodes in and have to take a huge break.

soliloquy

Reaction score
well, the good news is that the next season would start in fall...so thats not too far off and it would be a nice way for them to start a new story line rather than leaving in an ugly cliff hanger like they did mid season of season 3...

flint757

Reaction score
I don't think the battle should have been mid-season, I think there should have been fewer overall episodes. Quality over quantity.

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
the next two episodes better be ACTION PACKED!

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
Just one of the things to consider, is that these actors are only paid to shoot for so many days. Last Talking Dead episode I saw, the guy that plays the govornors doc said he'd never even met the prison cast before they shot their first scene together, and that kind of puts in perspective how the show is shot, so there are bound to be some episodes where a few characters arent even seen. That's the main difference between the comic and the show: utilizing real people with real constrictions vs the total freedom of writing the comic allows.

That said, I'm not totally disappointed with the show. Even for filler, the stuff they're presenting is fairly psychologically moving, and honestly that's missing from a lot of decent shows. When the action kicks up again, it'll be worth the wait, methinks.

soliloquy

Reaction score
so apparently this game was released yesterday. its following daryl and merl from the show and their adventure. its also given the 'worst game of the year title' across the board

The+Walking+Dead+Survival+Instinct.jpg

Randyrhoads123

Got a 7
Reaction score
I just finished catching up with the episodes so far, and just recently started looking online at people discussing the show... I can't believe how many people I see are criticizing the show for not being 'action-packed' enough. Most of the problems you're gonna have in an apocalypse are gonna be from the people around you and that doesn't necessarily mean violence 24/7. The show is about the characters, the situations are interchangeable and only serve to test those characters. I hate when I see people saying they only want more action, because it's not about that, and the story is just as interesting!

On another note, the action is awesome when it's there and I'm sure the final showdown will be great.

flint757

Reaction score
While I agree, that is not why they have dragged things out this season IMO. They've got time slots to fill.

wankerness

Reaction score
I hate when I see people saying they only want more action, because it's not about that, and the story is just as interesting!

No it's not, many of the characters are so thinly characterized that it's impossible to care about them (who else had to look up the guys that were arguing with Tyrese cause you had no idea who the hell they were supposed to be?) and some of the episodes have almost no progression of any sort. I sorta liked that one with Michonne and Rick and Carl on the road trip cause it progressed character relationships, but for example the last episode where Andrea tiptoed around like she was in a scooby doo episode had nothing good about it at all and at the end of the episode nothing had been learned or progressed except "now the governor likes andrea less."

Robtheripper

Reaction score
yes the story is that interesting. It isnt boring at all. Yes the t.v show caters to the comic fans more, but then again if your that into the walking dead you should have read the comic already...Also understand that AMC loves to make their shows have cliffhangers littered throughout (which im sure all of you know)