The Walking Dead Season 3

• Thread starter iRaiseTheDead
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
I didn't think it could be possible, but that episode was so bad I wasn't even happy
that Andrea died. At least she died in the most Andrea way possible - by spending at least a minute of running time just sitting there staring at the dude while he died instead of trying to get out.

I actually laughed out loud at that. Its so true, what a dumb bitch.

Another example

Michonne: "Just trust me, I saved you during the winter. There's something about him that's not right"

Andrea: "Nope I'm going to trust this new dude cause he seems nice and will prolly bang me...."

So glad she's gone... :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thesnowdog

Reaction score
I didn't think it could be possible, but that episode was so bad I wasn't even happy
that Andrea died. At least she died in the most Andrea way possible - by spending at least a minute of running time just sitting there staring at the dude while he died instead of trying to get out.

Yes, I have a truly world-class ability to suspend my disbelief. I can almost watch anything but this stupidity was too much and broke me out of the 'bubble' enough to mutter a FFS to myself for the first time I can remember.

How does no one raise that during filming even if it gets through the writing stage...

EcoliUVA

Not Gifted
Reaction score
Yes, I have a truly world-class ability to suspend my disbelief. I can almost watch anything but this stupidity was too much and broke me out of the 'bubble' enough to mutter a FFS to myself for the first time I can remember.

How does no one raise that during filming even if it gets through the writing stage...

I'm assuming it was an intentional "Ha, they'll be yelling at the screen for a solid 5 minutes" move on the director's/writers' part(s). I know my wife and I certainly were.

Then again, I could be giving them too much credit. :lol:

Rosal76

Reaction score
He never does anything interesting, likable or sympathetic, he always is tromping around acting like a little petulant thug, and most importantly he's always wearing that goddam hat. :lol:

Carl is doing a fine job. He did save Tyreese and his group when they first entered the prison. If Carl is so cold hearted, he could have easily left them to be eaten by the zombies. He doesn't do anything sympathetic??? You mean shooting his own Mom wasn't sympathetic? He risked his life trying to retrieve a picture of him, his mom and his dad together from the bar filled with zombies. That wasn't likable??? He's being human, holding on to his memories. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. He made the quick decision to let Michonne in when Rick and his "we don't take people in policy" almost killed her. That wasn't sympathetic and interesting???

This is a bit trivial, but in one the episodes, Carl finds 2 cans of dog food in a abandoned house and proceeded to open them up and eat them. Rick sees what he's doing and grabs the open can and throws it against the wall in disgust. "Oh, I'm sorry Rick. Sorry that we are in a desperate situation and can't find human food". Carl was just doing what he thought was right to survive. If eating dog food was his last resort, so be it. I would rather be with a kid who knows that human food is scarce and has to resort to what he finds, than someone who is picky (Rick).

I don't think he's doing bad at all. If a group of people came at me with Hummers with .50 machine guns and rocket launchers blowing up where I'm staying, I certainly wouldn't have a problem killing a Woodbury individual like he did.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
The way I see it, Carl is the least of my issues with this season. His development is quite all right so far, I guess.

What bothers me the most is the Governor's apparent immortality. There's always something that saves him in the very last minute to the point of being ridiculous. How the hell did he get away alive from a dozen zombies armed with just a shovel (and no room to maneuver it)? I think they try too hard to portray him as badass.

Like so many others around here, I was very frustrated with the prison x Woodbury final battle. Worst of all was a comment by one of the Woodbury's members - "it was a massacre!" even though I don't remember having seen anyone being shot down :lol:

DjentDjentlalala

Reaction score
The way I see it, Carl is the least of my issues with this season. His development is quite all right so far, I guess.

What bothers me the most is the Governor's apparent immortality. There's always something that saves him in the very last minute to the point of being ridiculous. How the hell did he get away alive from a dozen zombies armed with just a shovel (and no room to maneuver it)? I think they try too hard to portray him as badass.

Like so many others around here, I was very frustrated with the prison x Woodbury final battle. Worst of all was a comment by one of the Woodbury's members - "it was a massacre!" even though I don't remember having seen anyone being shot down :lol:

THIS.

The governor is portrayed as a fucking badass guy,while in a true life situation,in a fight between him and a guy like Merle,he would have been beat to death.

MicrobeSS

Reaction score

The massacare was after the "battle" :lol:

AliceLG

\m/^_^\m/
Reaction score
:deadhrse: That sucked

I understand Carl's rationalization for what he did, but he's definitely going to become an even bigger pain in the ass next season.

I wasted valuable time screaming at Andrea to hurry the fuck up. It was the lamest foreshadowing ever. No suspense whatsoever. She was going to die. At least it was by her own hand and not consumed by Milton. Sad about Milton though, but as the saying goes: character development = death.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
Sad but so true.

Except they won't kill Darryl, he's the face of the show, and they'd lose most of their viewer base once they kill him off.

wankerness

Reaction score
Yeah, I think Darryl's the near-unanimous favorite character of both men and women that watch the show. :p

I have to laugh whenever the governor's shooting off that huge assault rifle. Like, there was this great shot of him getting into a car that then drove away andhe just sticks his arm sideways out the window and sort of lopsidedly fires some shots out of the assault rifle at nothing in particular. CGI gun flares are the leading cause of hilariously bad gunplay on this show I think, the actors never seem to be reacting to the way a weapon would kick or anything.

There's also that awesome shot of the governor looking through the scope of his gun with his eyepatch. Fuckin badass.

wankerness

Reaction score
0PPN3v2.jpg

There we go! Classic acting.

flint757

Reaction score
Carl is doing a fine job. He did save Tyreese and his group when they first entered the prison. If Carl is so cold hearted, he could have easily left them to be eaten by the zombies. He doesn't do anything sympathetic??? You mean shooting his own Mom wasn't sympathetic? He risked his life trying to retrieve a picture of him, his mom and his dad together from the bar filled with zombies. That wasn't likable??? He's being human, holding on to his memories. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. He made the quick decision to let Michonne in when Rick and his "we don't take people in policy" almost killed her. That wasn't sympathetic and interesting???

This is a bit trivial, but in one the episodes, Carl finds 2 cans of dog food in a abandoned house and proceeded to open them up and eat them. Rick sees what he's doing and grabs the open can and throws it against the wall in disgust. "Oh, I'm sorry Rick. Sorry that we are in a desperate situation and can't find human food". Carl was just doing what he thought was right to survive. If eating dog food was his last resort, so be it. I would rather be with a kid who knows that human food is scarce and has to resort to what he finds, than someone who is picky (Rick).

I don't think he's doing bad at all. If a group of people came at me with Hummers with .50 machine guns and rocket launchers blowing up where I'm staying, I certainly wouldn't have a problem killing a Woodbury individual like he did.

Carl is annoying simply because of his attitude and the stupid shit he has done through the show. Doesn't mean he doesn't have redeeming moments, but clearly the moments he fucked up had quite a lasting effect on viewers. Rick is far more annoying though.

Basti

not much space to wr
Reaction score
I find almost all the characters annoying to a degree. It's always down to their redeeming qualities whether I actually like them or not. The Governor seems to have the best range of expressions of all the main characters and he's a psycho sum'bitch.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
And a Cyclops.

I keep going back to the comic with the show. Every time. If they'd really wanted to keep them from being parallel to some degree, they should have had Kirkman be a producer, and not a writer.

Yeah, he's doing these stories he threw out of the comic, but there's a good reason why they weren't in the comic.

Because they suck and they're boring.

Can't wait for Episode 100.

Kill fucking everyone.

breadtruck

Reaction score
Well........at least Carl and Beth didn't hook up...lol. The show kind of hinted at them having a possible "thing" together a couple times throughout season 3 and I was just like....c'mon son. I know the world has gone to shit but she looks double his age!

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
Yeah... She's like 27, almost 28..

If only they hadn't killed Sofia, because then it wouldn't be creepy.