Thinking of maybe creating my own EP, thoughts? (Vid inside!)

• Thread starter LivingTimmy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LivingTimmy

Timmy!!
Reaction score
So yeah, as the title and the video will state, I want to start writing my own stuff and releasing it :D . In the past I've only like written two songs and put them up on YouTube. But, this time I feel like putting in a lot more effort into something that I can release a little more officially. The style of music will probably be rather Meshuggah/Vildhjarta based (I hope to add my own unique style into it too, I just need to find that style :lol: ), so I was wondering if people would be interested in hearing my own material! Of course it would be free, or donate if you wanted! :p

So here's a rough clip of what I've been writing recently!

Enjoy :p

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
People (American people) always get us mixed up :lol:

If you wanna do it, do it, people aren't gunna know if they like it or wanna hear it til it's there in finished condition.

Just go for it!

DarkWolfXV

Excised n anatomised
Reaction score
I normally totally despise djent, but that "melodic djenting" at 0:55 really touched me. More stuff like this and it would be beyond awesome.

mike90t09

Reaction score
That was cool. I definitely encourage you to record and release an EP. Personally I love the fact that more and more guys are taking the "one man bedroom band" to the full lol

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
Sounds good. And yes, record an album/EP. Its a great way to get yourself on radio and other media. And with the technology available today, there's almost no reason not to.

Orgalmer

Chuggasaurus Rex
Reaction score
I did much the same thing and managed to form a live band out of it, should start gigging soon. It's a good way to start up a band quickly, because all the deciding about what music to play, who does what, etc isn't an issue. The downsides (possibly an upside?) are that you have to do everything yourself. You also have to be really critical and set the bar high so you're cranking out the best stuff you possibly can.

I wish you luck! I'll have a listen to the tracks linked here when i'm off work.

Latest posts