Tim Henson(Polyphia) shows off his studio

• Thread starter Lorcan Ward
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I kinda want to see a collaboration between them to see this forum going wild :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Liebach

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Where do I sign up?

(I was trying to reply to someone, but didn't manage to quote, and didn't realise this tab was probably many hours or days old... and now I can't figure out how to delete this comment either).

Last edited:

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Wait Polyphia and Periphery sound the same? To who???

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I bet if we had to record one of their solos ourselves before talking shit on either of those bands this thread would die pretty quick. They can all play like the dickens, it's not like they haven't put work in on the instrument, which is a lot more than I can say for most popular artists.

People like it and it's not Ariana/Cardi B. That's a win in my book- unless the Polyfia collabs keep going down hill or Tim gets plastic surgery to complete his feminine elf transition.

T_Gobbs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I bet if we had to record one of their solos ourselves before talking shit on either of those bands this thread would die pretty quick. They can all play like the dickens, it's not like they haven't put work in on the instrument, which is a lot more than I can say for most popular artists.

People like it and it's not Ariana/Cardi B. That's a win in my book- unless the Polyfia collabs keep going down hill or Tim gets plastic surgery to complete his feminine elf transition.

Yes, but their job as musicians is to write music that isn't psychological torture...

Reaction score

I just wanna be "that guy" a minute and point out that people like Ariana and Cardi still work.
Arianna in particular was a studio nerd before she got popular. I was surprised to learn that she'd been a bedroom producer before she took off and producers and engineers were shocked to know she knew her way around ProTools while in the studio and was very proficient.

And the "feminine elf" thing is funny...cause he does look like it, doesn't he?

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
I bet if we had to record one of their solos ourselves before talking shit on either of those bands this thread would die pretty quick.
This is the most bollocks reasoning around. If Gordon Ramsey makes dick on toast, you can still have an opinion on the freaking meal without having to become a chef first. And I would much rather watch Ariana than some dudes playing to a midi track.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Nobody is paying Ramsey for dick on toast though, or most of us to cook anything lol. Personally I can respect their technical ability on guitar, even if it's not my style.

I know guitarists aren't the most humble or logical creatures, but if it were easy to be so popular I think a lot of people would do it, regardless of their taste.

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
Nobody is paying Ramsey for dick on toast though, or most of us to cook anything lol. Personally I can respect their technical ability on guitar, even if it's not my style.

I know guitarists aren't the most humble or logical creatures, but if it were easy to be so popular I think a lot of people would do it, regardless of their taste.
Not a single person has said Henson can't play. The arguments against him range from him playing shitty music to wearing slippers to making boomers upset about bends - but no one said the kid can't play.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Not a single person has said Henson can't play. The arguments against him range from him playing shitty music to wearing slippers to making boomers upset about bends - but no one said the kid can't play.

Maybe it needed to be said, seems like a lot of the issues people have with him are just as superficial as they're accusing him of being.

I get it, the guy is grating. You don't have to be his room mate though. 14 pages of people not getting the fuck over it either way and I just thought that input might be relevant lol.

sylcfh

Reaction score
I have the same issue I have with lawyer blues. The tone is too pristine and makes me feel like I'm waiting at a doctor's office or a shopping mall. It's not even Tim or his band. It's the majority of prog/shred/tech/etc players today. Slap, pop, ping, PRING!