Tosin Abasi Auctions Off Guitars

• Thread starter nightlight
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightlight

Reaction score
I hope these don't go the way of Dave Mustaine's gear, but I have a feeling they will.

Want a Fractal AxeFX II XL with Tosin Abasi's Animals As Leaders sounds still dialed-in or an AX8 with his personal presets he used on world tours? These are just two of the storied pieces of gear you can find in his upcoming artist shop on Reverb.

The Official Tosin Abasi Reverb Shop, which opens February 26, will include 100 guitars, pedals, pickups, and amps owned and used by Abasi, the Animals As Leaders lead guitarist and the founder of guitar brand Abasi Concepts.

As you might expect from a player who has done so much to popularize extended range guitar techniques, many of the guitars featured are high-performance models from brands like Ibanez, Aristides, Strandberg, Mayones, and more.

These include an Ibanez Custom Shop Prestige 8-String, an Ibanez TAM100 8-String, an Aristides 080 8-String, a Mayones Tosin Abasi Custom Regius 8-String, and a Strandberg Boden 8-String.

The Mayones was a custom build Abasi requested to replace a stolen guitar. "[Mayones owner] Dawid [Dziewulski] and the guys at Mayones have always been great to me," Abasi says. "The quality of the buckeye burl is fantastic. The red Bare Knuckle pickups in this are a great touch and sound fantastic. It even has a removable ramp for fingerstyle players. This is about as custom as it gets."

Abasi used the Strandberg extensively on Animals As Leaders' The Madness of Many. "Ola Strandberg and I have been friends and collaborators for almost 10 years. This particular guitar came my way during a visit before NAMM a few years ago," Abasi says. "The multi-scale wenge neck, flamed-maple top, true-temperament frets, and Lundgren pickups makes this one of the best-spec’d Strandbergs around."

gjbjdhxlrywock2ssdv0.jpg

Ibanez Custom Shop Prestige 8-String

udjxbrsuprrhoguoawhu.jpg

VIK Duality Tosin Abasi 8-String

z8w9tlqcgcxrv07vh5fm.jpg

Fractal Audio AxeFX II XL w/ MFC-101 MKII Midi Foot Controller

gjbjdhxlrywock2ssdv0.jpg

z8w9tlqcgcxrv07vh5fm.jpg

ozmonpqiyatwpbprkg9z.jpg

gm1cqqwvavn1wiw4jkou.jpg

jup3lnas0itanq43yarn.jpg

um8fa4hhtp1nsxw5viko.jpg

jon6l6fdg6tigi3ya8nh.jpg

wgc6flhozqqpke8z0czb.jpg

oil7obntzmpwrqgbptvt.jpg

bbcw2anymuk6oqon94gb.jpg

zlgbilzi3mp4ofnuoctc.jpg

njnbsnomrfom01cyspjy.jpg

udjxbrsuprrhoguoawhu.jpg

The Fractal Axe FX II XL mentioned above contains the patches Abasi used in the studio and on stage during The Joy of Motion era. "I’ve been a heavy Fractal user since 2009," Abasi says. "This unit was my main touring and recording rig for the entire The Joy of Motion writing, recording, and world-touring cycle. It contains the exact album and stage tones I used as well as some personal patches."

Of his AX8 Amp Modeler & Effects Processor, Abasi says, "It’s literally like having an AXE FX that fits into a carry-on. It includes my personal presets for stage and more" that he used on tours for The Joy of Motion and Madness of Many, as well as the Generation Axe tour with Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, Zakk Wylde, and Nuno Bettencourt.

Effects pedals in the shop will include those from Brimstone, Wampler, MXR, and more.

https://reverb.com/brand/abasi-guitars

Attachments

• ibanez-custom.jpg
    ibanez-custom.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
That's some awesome stuff! And a good reminder of why I hate in-line headstocks on 8 strings. Both the Aristides and the Mayones are beautiful till you get to those dumbass headstocks, lol. Edit: I don't think the other in-line one is a Mayo.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
That's some awesome stuff! And a good reminder of why I hate in-line headstocks on 8 strings. Both the Aristides and the Mayones are beautiful till you get to those dumbass headstocks, lol. Edit: I don't think the other in-line one is a Mayo.
I dunno about the Mayones, but it kinda works on the Vik.

ockis23

Be Excellent to Each Other
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm curious why he's decided to do such a huge sell-off. Possibly getting some funds to invest into some production equipment for Abasi Guitars?

G_3_3_k_

Probably diddling an Oni
Reaction score
I'm curious why he's decided to do such a huge sell-off. Possibly getting some funds to invest into some production equipment for Abasi Guitars?

Any number of reasons. The recent production models have sold out. He may be seeing bigger demand then anticipated and wanting to invest in raw materials since they aren't building to order, but selling inventory.

ockis23

Be Excellent to Each Other
Contributor
Reaction score
Any number of reasons. The recent production models have sold out. He may be seeing bigger demand then anticipated and wanting to invest in raw materials since they aren't building to order, but selling inventory.

Well I hope he does well with this big sale, I really dig him and his guitars, they are not quite my style but I can appreciate them.

mastapimp

Reaction score
Most likely he's just accumulated a lot of stuff that takes up space and is no longer in use. Artists sell off their gear all the time and often live in modest houses/apartments.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I'm surprised he's selling the TT strandberg which is presumably a good guitar, and not the cherry topped, S7G made prototype he has. Unless that's already long gone.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score

I feel personally attacked.

nightlight

Reaction score
I think the Aristides looks funny because the picture has skewed ratios.

I'd love to snag the Strandberg, but the fact that it's Abasi's 'berg and has true temperament frets and is MTM is going to shoot the price into the $10k category, just going by the other MTMs listed on Reverb.

I'd also love to own the TAM100, but I think the amount of interest in that is also going to be insane.

I hope he lists crazy unreasonable prices on those guitars, because he's more than likely to have them matched.

I mean, I'm sure it will piss off some studio owner somewhere that was planning a youtube video about how rich he is and how poor we all are.

btbg

Reaction score
Just cause someone has to...

...that’s not an Axe FX II XL. It’s an Axe FX II Mark II

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I think the Aristides looks funny because the picture has skewed ratios.

I'd love to snag the Strandberg, but the fact that it's Abasi's 'berg and has true temperament frets and is MTM is going to shoot the price into the $10k category, just going by the other MTMs listed on Reverb.

I'd also love to own the TAM100, but I think the amount of interest in that is also going to be insane.

I hope he lists crazy unreasonable prices on those guitars, because he's more than likely to have them matched.

I mean, I'm sure it will piss off some studio owner somewhere that was planning a youtube video about how rich he is and how poor we all are.
It's not a Made to Measure Strandberg, it's a Swedish Custom Shop.

nightlight

Reaction score
It's not a Made to Measure Strandberg, it's a Swedish Custom Shop.

Ah lovely. I have a Swedish custom shop one too, would love to try out the True Temperament frets. So as a Swedish custom build used by Tosin Abasi, maybe in the 4-5k range.

Pietjepieter

Contributor
Reaction score
Really some awesome guitars.

Love the mayo with the red pickups, does anyone has some more info on that one?

Maybe trying to get the mayo or the strandberg, but i am sure there will be people with deeper pockets than me... but can try :)

Latest posts