Tosin Abasi Auctions Off Guitars

• Thread starter nightlight
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Masoo2

Reaction score
interesting to see that he swapped the pups on the white LACS for Cycfi pickups

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightlight

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't even get to see what was on offer cause it was US time. Damn.

stinkoman

Reaction score
My hand hovered over the buy now button for the white LACS, but I didn't go through with it. Being an adult sucks :\
My hand is currently doing that for his Aristides 080, but then I keep looking at these medical and house repairs I need done and makes it a little easier to justify not shooting an offer on it.

nightlight

Reaction score
Some really good prices on those. He even listed his True Temperament Strandberg at a lower price than I had my Sweden custom shop selling for. Silly me, I just delisted because I doubt I'll get anywhere close to what he sold his mint condition instrument for. It was even cheaper than all the Strandberg Js, some of which are going for $5k.

The Mayones was the standout imo. Super cool options with that one, loved the idea of 8 string midi. That said, I can't think of any synths that will go down that low, my hex pickup struggles with B tuning as is.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
My hand is currently doing that for his Aristides 080, but then I keep looking at these medical and house repairs I need done and makes it a little easier to justify not shooting an offer on it.

haha yeah, we just did a ton of work on the house :/

Boofchuck

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
Hm, maybe I'll spend literally all of my money on the Strandberg, drop out of school and harness that Abasi mojo to become a highly successful artist.

Just kidding, I doubt all of my money would even touch the price of that thing.

But if it did....

Update: Oh fuck I could totally do it. Somebody buy it before I ruin my life.

Last edited:

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
For real, if anyone here bought that LACS, I'll buy it off you if you ever decide to let it go.

AmoryDrive

Reaction score
Got the Matrix power amp, me and my buddy were hoping that somehow the Ibanez Laradas would be available hahaha

AmoryDrive

Reaction score
Uh, sorry for the ignorance, but what happened to Dave Mustaine's gear?
One guy bought literally all the guitars from the Mustaine store for his studio so people could pay studio time to play them, and then eventually resell. Seriously. Got a 40k bank loan for it iirc.

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
One guy bought literally all the guitars from the Mustaine store for his studio so people could pay studio time to play them, and then eventually resell. Seriously. Got a 40k bank loan for it iirc.
Sounds like a huge loss. Wonder how many hours he has booked because of those guitars. I am guessing zero. Hopefully I am wrong.

nightlight

Reaction score
Sounds like a huge loss. Wonder how many hours he has booked because of those guitars. I am guessing zero. Hopefully I am wrong.

All that talk about buying them and allowing people to try in that infamous video was just bullshit. The person that bought it, who goes under Essex Studios iirc, is notorious for buying things and then jacking up prices.

Which normally isn't an issue, free market and all that. But considering that Dave priced these reasonably, there was an expectation that some real fans could own a piece of history.

Instead, no one saw anything because everything was bought in under a minute.

Personally, I wouldn't do business with that guy if he was selling the EVH guitar buried with Dimebag. His bad karma might rub off on me.

Of course, plenty of people who would and I really don't have the money, so ymmv, sour grapes and all that sh*t.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
All that talk about buying them and allowing people to try in that infamous video was just bullshit. The person that bought it, who goes under Essex Studios iirc, is notorious for buying things and then jacking up prices.

Which normally isn't an issue, free market and all that.
This notion is ridiculous. Justifying anything with "eh, free market" is a hiding to nothing. People shouldn't buy and resell stuff they have no interest in just to take advantage of other people. I shouldn't have to say this. Obviously there's a difference between buying things at one price and them appreciating, but taking advantage of people is immoral.

nightlight

Reaction score
This notion is ridiculous. Justifying anything with "eh, free market" is a hiding to nothing. People shouldn't buy and resell stuff they have no interest in just to take advantage of other people. I shouldn't have to say this. Obviously there's a difference between buying things at one price and them appreciating, but taking advantage of people is immoral.

Sadly, that's how a free market works. Profit first, ethics after for almost everybody.

I don't like it anymore than you.

bzhang9

Reaction score
Mustaine and company saw what was happening and could have limited sales to a few per person, he could have easily cancelled the sales but he didn't care enough so whatever