Trade my engl fireball100 for a Diamond Nitrox??

Gmork

Reaction score
Might have a chance to trade my engl Fb100 for a Diamond Nitrox. I'm not too familiar with diamond amps other than that they seem high end. How's the quality and tone? Good deal?

I sure do like my fb100 but I don't hate the ides of switching things up, especially for something unique and interesting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DielonKilo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've never played a diamond, but im still gonna say.... keep the ENGL

Gmork

Reaction score
Was listening to clips online and though it's not the same as in person they sound super wicked! There's definitely something going on i love.

MYGFH

Music your GF hates
Reaction score
Trying to think... If I were trading my FB100, I would go for either another Engl or a Mesa. Something that took pedals better. But I've had mine so long and it works so well. I love that it still sounds great at bedroom volume.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
How easy is it to get another fb100? If its easy do the deal.

Gmork

Reaction score
How easy is it to get another fb100? If its easy do the deal.
NOT easy! It's the only engl I've ever seen sold anywhere semi close to me in a decade besides when I was selling my e530. The FB is just so good illl probably just keep it but it's almost... TOO perfect lol. Wouldn't mind something a bit more unruly and raunchy.

oracles

Reaction score
Absolutely not. Those Diamond amps are horribly unreliable.

Bearitone

Reaction score
NOT easy! It's the only engl I've ever seen sold anywhere semi close to me in a decade besides when I was selling my e530. The FB is just so good illl probably just keep it but it's almost... TOO perfect lol. Wouldn't mind something a bit more unruly and raunchy.
If it’s almost too perfect then don’t let it go.

I still miss my rig that was near “perfection”. Sold almost of all of it assuming what I was going to get would be better. Massive regret.

Keep. The. Gear. You. Love.

ESPECIALLY if it’s discontinued (which I understand doesn’t apply here but, still)

Last edited:

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Had the FB100 and played a Nitrox at Axe Palace for about 4 hours. Just my thoughts...

The FB100 wasnt a versatile workhorse like the SE or a Diezel VH4. But, I've never heard or found an amp better at that tone. If you want different or more than that's a different story.

The Nitrox was more versatile but didn't excel at any one tone. There were no tones that were "it" for me.

But most telling is that there is prob a reason why they're not still sold or highly sought after?

Gmork

Reaction score
Ok NEW Comparison.
Fireball100 VS framus dragon?
Might have an offer to trade

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Just fucking keep it. :lol: Youre 100% gonna regret selling it.

Trust me, I sold my Mesa Mark III and IV thinking I wanted something different... But I didn't. Still regret it.

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
Keep it for sure if you want to try other amps get an HX stomp through the loop or something. If you have to come here to ask if you should sell it than you shouldn't lol.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
OP

Why are you trying to trade something you like for something you've never tried?

It's one thing to add to the stable, but to trade away a known good for the unknown?

At least amps like Diezel, Matchless, Trainwreck, Marshall, are all well respected knowns. But you're looking at unknowns that obviously aren't popular nor still made for a reason.

Tl;dr GAS - the known unknown.

Last edited:

Latest posts