Trusted builder to make “highly” custom fender replacement neck

• Thread starter Bearitone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I’m looking for a custom neck with these specs
- fits a fender strat neck pocket
- 28.625” scale length
- flat fretboard (no radius)
- Zero fret
- SS Frets
- richilite/ rocklite fingerboard

Warmoth said no :(
Any suggestions as to who could build a neck like this for me? I’d prefer bigger, trusted names, not small luthiers if possible

Bobro

Reaction score
28 and 5/8ths! yeah that's a pretty serious scale, just the idea of it sounds awesome and heavy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Did you ask USA Custom Guitars?

Yes about a year ago, they also said no. I also didn’t have a good experience with USACG last time so I’d like to keep them as a last resort. I started looking again this year and reached out to warmoth and FAST guitars. Still waiting on a reply from fast.

I sort of don’t know where else to look :/

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Yea finding someone to make a richlite fretboard neck is near impossible from a "company".. I found a local luthier to help me who I hopefully trust, but its still been over a year for my richlite neck tele.. "should" be done next month but man is it a hassle to find richlite builders lol

Bearitone

Reaction score
Yea finding someone to make a richlite fretboard neck is near impossible from a "company".. I found a local luthier to help me who I hopefully trust, but its still been over a year for my richlite neck tele.. "should" be done next month but man is it a hassle to find richlite builders lol

The rocklite and richilite isn’t a “must” but preferred. Really more than anything i want the zerofrey and flat fretboard

Jason B

Unbanned
Reaction score
Tragically, the company most likely to respond with “no problem” (Moses Graphite) closed last June. Over the years, Steve made me several flat, phenolic-boarded necks with zero frets and different scale lengths. In the end, they were too niche to survive.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Might need someone to modify a war moth neck for you. They should be able to get you 80 percent of the way there

Bearitone

Reaction score
Tragically, the company most likely to respond with “no problem” (Moses Graphite) closed last June. Over the years, Steve made me several flat, phenolic-boarded necks with zero frets and different scale lengths. In the end, they were too niche to survive.
Fack!
I would have loved a graphite neck!

Last edited:

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Please be sure to post what you find/dig-up. Even if it's an "Asked ... they said they couldn't do the scale length.", etc.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Try to ask https://www.bestguitarparts.com/ . I just received my tele neck with specs Warmoth wasn't able to provide and it's great quality. Rumours say many from USACG left for BGP.

Asked. They said they could do everything but the zero fret.

Going to try to see if i can have them not file a nut slot and have it sent to someone who can/will do the zero fret

Bearitone

Reaction score
Scratch that. Found a guy to build the whole neck. His name is Ed Laing. Will post a NND “new neck day?” When it arrives

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Scratch that. Found a guy to build the whole neck. His name is Ed Laing. Will post a NND “new neck day?” When it arrives

Does he have a site?

Bearitone

Reaction score
Nope. He is not a known and trusted builder.
I was looking for a trusted bigger name builder. Couldn’t find one :/

I’m trying my luck with an independent guy which isn’t what i wanted to do but, appears to be my only option

Last edited:

Latest posts