Tune o matic bridge

Wilton13

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 335 copy with a tune o matic and tailpiece. I used to have a Babitz (spelling?), which I liked on another guitar, but it seems to deaden this one. The thing is that I loved the fact that I could rest my hand on the bridge without deadening the strings. I haven't found another tune o matic replacement that doesn't expose the strings right at the top, preventing me from resting my hand there. Has anyone seen one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
The Babicz is the only one I am aware of - what problem are you experiencing exactly using it on this guitar?

angl2k

Reaction score
I also tried a Babicz tom replacement and it totally killed the sustain of the guitar.. not sure why this happened but it did :(

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 335 copy with a tune o matic and tailpiece. I used to have a Babitz (spelling?), which I liked on another guitar, but it seems to deaden this one. The thing is that I loved the fact that I could rest my hand on the bridge without deadening the strings. I haven't found another tune o matic replacement that doesn't expose the strings right at the top, preventing me from resting my hand there. Has anyone seen one?

They're not really designed for that, but any tech can slot the saddles deeper if you want.