Uff...beer. NDGD

• Thread starter Captastic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Captastic

Reaction score
Soooo....last Saturday I was sitting around drinking beer. For you Micro-brew guys, New Holland Brewery is in my home town. I picked up a 4-pack of New Holland Poet, which is their oatmeal stout. Now the latest trend (at least around here) is peanut butter flavored beer. So that's what I got. I didn't know the special edition was reformulated to ~11% ABH. So after a few I feeling pretty good and surfing the net (1st mistake). Then I jumped on Reverb (2nd mistake). Then I filtered by Caparison (3rd mistake). Came across this beautiful Caparison Horus M3 MF in blue sponge w/maple neck. In a hazy maneuver I hit the "Add to cart" button. A few key strokes later I was $$$ poorer.

The guitar was sold by Sam Ash. Monday I had tracking and Wednesday I had delivery.

I had previously owned a Caparison Applehorn HGS Horus, and I remembered not liking the neck profile. I remember the profile having a flat spot on the back of the neck behind the first 4 frets for your thumb, and was too thick for me. Loved the black ash look and the Devil Horn cutout, but I ended up trading it even for my 96 Iceberg TaT.

The neck on this guitar f'en smokes! It feels thinner (than I remember), and I don't feel that flat spot. I can only find 4 or so small dings on the body. The PO "upgraded" the trem to a real Floyd Rose with titanium block screws, saddle screws, and nut block bolts. I think they're maybe a brass block on the OFR. The guitar plays really nice, and the fretwork is A+. I'll be honest I recently also acquired a Suhr Modern, and this Cap kicks its ass. Maybe I'm a brand loyalist, but I was not expecting to like this guitar this much. I have a set of Daddario 12-54 I'm gonna throw on it in D standard. I suspect it will then kill large animals and stop traffic.

Ohh....the Reunion Blue "soft" case is really nice. It has some armor built into plus padding where it feels very robust and safe.

Sooo...the lesson for today: Drink beer buy guitars. Carry on...484ED1D2-F1C4-4E65-AA79-BE292B72FC66.jpeg A6D0DAAF-DB10-4340-AE53-C60C406C07EB.jpeg DBEAAD0A-F786-4F0D-903D-B248D60568AF.jpeg 05F6947E-EAFF-4517-92FF-22D97AF824B7.jpeg 18AF1534-1C71-4244-A7F4-4AC9364253D8.jpeg 86C20E01-A7F5-43D4-AAEF-D82E549C3F42.jpeg F4F30E8D-A54A-4062-801D-929407EAB9CF.jpeg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sleewell

Reaction score
home town??? mine too. small world indeed.

awesome beer and great looking guitar, congrats!!!

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Peanut butter beer? That's well, odd. But then again, my favorite beer is Sleemans Honey Brown, a Canadian honey lager which is quite tasty. And nice guitar! I'd oil that fretboard ASAP though, looks a little dry.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Peanut butter beer? That's well, odd. But then again, my favorite beer is Sleemans Honey Brown, a Canadian honey lager which is quite tasty. And nice guitar! I'd oil that fretboard ASAP though, looks a little dry.

My friend co-owns a brewery, we had one that was chocolate/brownie/peanut butter/vanilla? It was good but intimidating by title :lol:.

mbardu

Reaction score

No don't do that. Don't oil a maple fretboard.

Reaction score
Nice score dude - I was eyeing this one myself a few weeks ago, good to see it again here :cheers:

BlackSG91

Loves Black Guitars & Meng Mengs
Reaction score
That guitar looks great! With 27 frets you can go full-shred & then some. I love the head stock on the guitar. The design seems pretty effective especially if and when a psycho fan jumps up on stage and charges at you full-force. You can spear the headstock and neck between his legs and then pull it back while simultaneously hooking his doo-dads from behind. That would learn him.:agreed:

Speaking of head stocks...if you would have drank this beer below I think you would have probably maybe definitely been tempted to buy a Gibson (SG).:cheers:

bff823554848a10e195cbdd4731e2b9a.jpg

;>)/

Kyle-Vick

Also likes Jeeps and Motocross.
Reaction score
Peanut butter poet is where it’s at. I like the peanut butter dragons milk as well, but the poet has a lot more peanut butter flavor.