UK Musician Thread

• Thread starter rifftrader
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Papa Shank

Be-otch
Reaction score
Shikaru said:
Born in london, Parents decided for some unknown reason to move to Shetland (which happens to be the most northerly point of the UK, I do believe) then down to somewhere in the middle. Luckily scotland hasn't really affected me. I have a strange english/american abomination of an accent though, as one of my friends lived in america for a long time. It's annoying.

And that's my life story summed up in a paragraph........Kind of depressing if you think about it lol
Any chance you were at a Dream Theater gig in Wolverhampton last year? There were a couple of people who goto Glasgow Uni who used to live at Shetland. I remember this because I accidentally spurted out "yeah my dad is up there just now, he thinks it's shit" and then I just walked away, not really thinking about what I had said.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shikaru

Mechanical Thunder
Contributor
Reaction score
Wasn't me I'm afraid, however, if it was, I would've agreed with your dad, Shetland is a shit place to live :lol:

And Dormant, really, it was implied :fawk: as Northern Ireland is technically a part of the UK, if I recall correctly. Now problems like this wouldn't arise if we were still in the glory days of the Britsh Empire, where we owned pretty much everything.

Rule Britania! :hbang:

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Shikaru said:
And Dormant, really, it was implied :fawk: as Northern Ireland is technically a part of the UK, if I recall correctly.

Northern Ireland is part of the UK. Eire is Southern Ireland and that isn't part of the UK.

Shikaru said:
Now problems like this wouldn't arise if we were still in the glory days of the Britsh Empire, where we owned pretty much everything.

Rule Britania! :hbang:

If only we still did. Right now all we seem to own is Gibralter and the Faulklands. Who in their right mind would want to live on the Faulkland Islands?

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
...signing in...

I've made my way back from the colonies and currently basking in the London sun.... Always up for a jam or a stereotypicaly warm beer, or both.

Dormant

Wanker
Reaction score
Shikaru said:
And Dormant, really, it was implied :fawk: as Northern Ireland is technically a part of the UK, if I recall correctly.

Sigh ... I think I need a sarcasm emoticon all to myself. I was just taking the piss. You know shits and giggles?

Again being pedantic 'implied' and 'actually said' are still completely different but nevermind ... ;)

You still earnt your rep points!

Shikaru

Mechanical Thunder
Contributor
Reaction score
I knew you were taking the piss, hence the :fawk:

And now I shall procede to give everyone rep points, just for being British.

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
rifftrader said:
Sheep... lots and lots of sheep...

I don't think they have a choice...they are on an island after all...

Shikaru

Mechanical Thunder
Contributor
Reaction score
The Faulkland's could be where we send all the sheep that have committed crimes, much like we did with people and Australia :lol:

[action=Shikaru]intends no offense to any Aussies who might be brave enough to have entered our almighty British thread.[/action]

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
b3n said:
...signing in...

I've made my way back from the colonies and currently basking in the London sun.... Always up for a jam or a stereotypicaly warm beer, or both.

I'll let you know next time I'm heading into London.

rifftrader said:
Sheep... lots and lots of sheep...

So that's where the Welsh go on holiday!

[action=metalfiend666]doesn't intend to offend any Welsh people, it's just funny.[/action]

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
metalfiend666 said:
I'll let you know next time I'm heading into London.

So that's where the Welsh go on holiday!

[action=metalfiend666]doesn't intend to offend any Welsh people, it's just funny.[/action]

Yeah that would be cool since I missed the Guitar show... how far away do you live anyway?

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Mons, in the French part, although our landlord is from the Flemish part, and in addition to being dangerously senile is apparently completely incomprehensible even to other Belgians. This is my dad's last tour of duty before he officially retires from the airforce. Were your parents services as well?

rinse_master

Reaction score
I live in Dorset, althoguh so far no-one else does :scream: although I noticed a Wiltshire and a Portsmouth in there...